Casey Fields, Cranbourne at 2:00 PM

Casey Scorpions

Backs Riseley Davis Hill

Half backs Matthews Panozza Strauss

Centreline Sheahan Gysberts L Tynan

Half forwards Moloney Gent Nicholls

Forwards Couch Bate Smith

Followers Spencer Lindsay Magner

Interchange (from) Clay Collins Cook Corrigan* Corry Fieldsend Patti Petropoulos Weekes

Werribee Tigers

Backs Mangan Kennedy Sherlock

Half backs Harding Hartigan Wormald

Centreline Sierakowski Greenwood Speight

Half forwards Mather Pedersen Warren

Forwards Ross McKinley Castello

Followers Daw Lynch Sharp

Interchange (from) Bolton Keras* Martinello Moloney O'Dwyer Purton-Smith Sullivan Tuck Wilson

* 23rd player

Second Elimination Final

AFL Victoria Development League

Coburg Tigers v Casey Scorpions

Sunday 2nd September, 2012

Casey Fields, Cranbourne at 11:00 AM

Coburg Tigers

Backs Price Fahey Groves

Half backs Saville Tanner Bamblett 

Centreline Brandt Cartelli Duhau

Half forwards N Maric Hore Younan 

Forwards Easton Dimartino  Jordan 

Followers Sortino Linton Thomas

Interchange (from) Barrack Egglestone Garland Hogan Iudica Robertella Robinson Ronalds Uysal

Casey Scorpions

Backs Troutman Johnson Corry 

Half backs Allen Petropoulos Fieldsend 

Centreline Patti Page Thompson 

Half forwards Pollard Dearaugo Salton 

Forwards Galvin Cook Rosier

Followers Cleven McFarlane Lang 

Interchange (from) Bell Bull Chin Johnston Kimitsis McGillivray-Smith J Roberts K Roberts  Weekes

Thin or not bing181 I will stop when we stop recruiting them.

Which may well be this November.

So Clark, Taggert and Tynan are choir boys are they? Looking forward to you telling them so ...

I notice the number of Demons eligible to play for Casey in the finals (after this week when selection is open) is now down to only eight – Eight Demons eligible for VFL finals

Jake Spencer is the player taken off the previous list, presumably because he played too many AFL games (?).

That’s a blow to the Scorps and might explain why, despite finishing on top, they are fifth in the line of favouritism for the flag according to the Herald Sun.

I notice the number of Demons eligible to play for Casey in the finals (after this week when selection is open) is now down to only eight – Eight Demons eligible for VFL finals

Jake Spencer is the player taken off the previous list, presumably because he played too many AFL games (?).

That’s a blow to the Scorps and might explain why, despite finishing on top, they are fifth in the line of favouritism for the flag according to the Herald Sun.

That is a blow - hopefully we can win this week. I'm in favour of our eligible players playing for Casey in the finals. They may want to participate in Mad Monday this week so a week off to recover could be handy. I guess there's the complication of the compulsory 6 weeks break and the start to the pre-season to consider, but this could be managed.

Overall I like the alignment - I note that Chris Dawes has nowhere to play this weekend because Collingwood don't take VFL results seriously. As Tim Watson remarked "you can't buy a bag of confidence in Lygon Street" - well not the sort Tim and Chris are thinking of anyway.

Overall I like the alignment - I note that Chris Dawes has nowhere to play this weekend because Collingwood don't take VFL results seriously.

so if a team is losing, it means they don't take their side seriously? maybe their VFL players just aren't that good? seriously mate pick the right time and place to have a go at other clubs

You're right. It is the Port Melbourne v Geelong game.

Although VFL radio on the VFL Sporting Pulse website has not been updated it is likely that the game could be on Aussie digital (SEN2) if you have a digital radio or you can listen live on the web.

Edited by Theo

Whats the deal with Taggert, brand new recruit and plays 2 games for the season? You got to be kidding me.

Basically a wasted draft pick. Kids drafted this year will be ahead of him from the word go.

Whats the deal with Taggert, brand new recruit and plays 2 games for the season? You got to be kidding me.

Basically a wasted draft pick. Kids drafted this year will be ahead of him from the word go.

Good post, you have written off a kid's career because he had an injury this year. So glad you are not our recruiter. This kid will be a good player for us. I will remind you of your post in a couple of years.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 3

Come on you can't be serious... you cannot be serious! He has had a debilitating back injury for the whole year, not sure on the details though, disc injury?

Edited by ThePassenger

And I shall remember to ignore everything this guy says on this site.

I believe taggert had an issue with one side of his lower back, played through the pain. eventually got the problem sorted but got issues on the other side because the muscles and tendons had been overcompensating while he played hurt so for those calling him soft they should do a little research first and then reassess what they've done with their lives to be so quick to write youngsters off

Preview: Casey Scorpions vs Werribee Tigers

Casey will again be cast as the underdog in this Qualifying Final, but as they have repeatedly shown all season the Scorpions can’t be under estimated.

And just a note about admission costs for those who are coming tomorrow to support the team -

VFL finals entry prices are:

Adults $15,

Pensioners/concession $10

Children 15 & under free.

Club memberships don't cover finals admittance!