Tune in to SEN now - KB to bring up tanking sanctions for Melb.

Range Rover

He's a good prez, for THAT club, but personally I wouldn't like his talk first think later attitude for MFC.

I think you under estimate him.

Most of the time he knows exactly what he is doing.

Anyway enough of all this we are not going to agree on this one.

• Like 1

But they do choose the people who make the decisions Bossdog.

And you would have to say they have made some clangers there.

Why are they above criticism?

Because this admin have made some brave decisions to attempt to change this club

We have a cashed up FD which is in it's first year in charge and they cannot build Rome in a day

We now have assistant coaches with assistants to develop players which is the first time in years that we could afford these type of things that other teams have had for years....Unfortunatly it takes time

• Like 2

Because this admin have made some brave decisions to attempt to change this club

We have a cashed up FD which is in it's first year in charge and they cannot build Rome in a day

We now have assistant coaches with assistants to develop players which is the first time in years that we could afford these type of things that other teams have had for years....Unfortunatly it takes time

They have a year to show some improvement until then I will remain sceptical

AFL to investigate McLean's comments

http://www.afl.com.a...33/default.aspx

Still not to concerned.

With the media going nuts they had to be seen to be doing something. They'll next announce they're interviewing us and then nothing more will come of it.

On another note I have an idea of how the whole tanking for draft picks issue can go away.

Rounds 1-17 everyone plays eachother once.

After Round 17 comp is divided into 3 sections 1st-6th, 7th-12th & 13th-18th.

Your win loss ratio against the other teams in your section carry over but all other win losses are then effectively useless.

Over Rounds 18-22 you play everyone in your setion once.

In the end section 1-6 play for finals spots positions of 1-6.

Section 7-12 play for the remaining two finals spots with the 4 that miss out finishing with draft picks 7-10.

Section 13-18 play off with the highest ranked team ending up with pick 1 down.

Eliminates tanking as in the last five rounds if you're in the bottom section you need to win to get the pick while the top 2 setions would all be playing for finals spots.

If they strip us of the draft picks, we are finished.

I like Sloonie's idea. Strip us of our 8 points this year and not allow us to play for points for the rest of the year. That way we'll have picks 1 and 2 in this year's draft which has nice symmetry to it

• Like 2

Nothing will happen. We are such a weak club that the AFL can't afford to punish us, because if they do it will likely kill us. They don't want to kill the oldest club in the game, however frail it may be.

• Like 1

For what reason do the AFL interview Brock, is this due to betting? As I mentioned before there are no rules on how a team prepares or performs in regard to matches so how the hell can there be any repercussions for the MFC re:draft picks, or are we just running with KB's sensationlist posing on this?

• Like 2

Its the AFL thats under the microscope because they said tanking was not happening in the competition. Demetriou has said so himself. If it could be proven, then the AFL could not possibly punish one or more Clubs without them looking inept and incompetent in the process

McLean has made unproven allegations that a Club breached the rules.

The AFL will interview McLean. I would think the AFL would be boiling Brock at this interview for making serious unsubstantiated claims. He would also be well advised to ensure he controls his public comments in future.

• Like 4

Nothing will happen. We are such a weak club that the AFL can't afford to punish us, because if they do it will likely kill us. They don't want to kill the oldest club in the game, however frail it may be.

This is the attitude that is concerning. It is dangerous practice to think we are invincible. None of us have any idea how Vlad sees the competition going forward, so we need to ensure we are doing everything possible to not give him any ammo. Currently, the total opposite is happening.

That's not melodramatic RR, that's fact. I feel sorry for you that you can't see both sides of the arguement. Nb. I hope you're side is right - I'm not saying that the Club is rooted, I'm just saying that it is a possibility.

If they strip us of the draft picks, we are finished.

If they do anything of the sort I will be finished with the AFL.

• Like 2

This is the attitude that is concerning. It is dangerous practice to think we are invincible. None of us have any idea how Vlad sees the competition going forward, so we need to ensure we are doing everything possible to not give him any ammo. Currently, the total opposite is happening.

That's not melodramatic RR, that's fact. I feel sorry for you that you can't see both sides of the arguement. Nb. I hope you're side is right - I'm not saying that the Club is rooted, I'm just saying that it is a possibility.

Hang on. A Carlton player makes unsubstantiated allegations about the Clubh that he cannot possibly prove. Its on an issue which Demoetriou is already satisfied about. How have we given him any ammo?? If anything the AFL are at risk here and they will hose it down. There is an old rule that you never set up an enquiry where you cannot control the outcomes and you could be mud splattered in the process.

Your reaction to this Billy with the 'end of the universe" approach is melodramatic. Its not fact at all. Its allegations from an embittered ex player. And in his role how would he possibly know what is going on and how could he possible prove his statements. Billy, I see all sides of the argument and I am cutting through the oceans of chaff on this.

And if the Club is rooted it will be for other reasons than some boofhead make accusations in public.

• Like 4

The second is about the MFC and whether this is another skeleton in the cupboard that has yet to be fully exposed. Internally supporters knew that the club had put the cue in the rack and were getting players fit for 2010, blooding youngsters etc. Does there need to be a question asked as to whether that was the football department doing what is prudent... or whether it was a directive from admin/board against the best wishes of the football department.....

See that's the thing though - clubs have been doing that as far back as I have been watching and even before the draft came alonge. Once the season is shot clubs would play the kids, try players in different positions, send senior players off for early surgery etc. That doesn't mean they were tanking. Tanking is when the players who go out on to the field deliberately try to throw the game. As far as I know that hasn't happened since the early 20th Century when Carlton I think under Jack Worrall threw the premiership against Collingwood after being paid off.

Were we tanking in 2010 when Sylvia and Dunn both had to play in the ruck? Were we tanking against Essendon this year when Garland played forward? The reason why the AFL will never be able to do anything is because unless they have players come out saying they took the field and deliberately tried to lose there is nothing against the rules with what any "tanking" club has done. It is not against the rules to rest players, to try players in different positions, to play the kids etc. Look at Hawthorn v Freo in Tassie last year (or the year before) when Freo rested half their team - is that not considered tanking just because Freo was not playing for draft picks? It was clever list management to give themselves the best chance at a premiership just like we did in 2009 and what Hawthorn, Carlton & Collingwood did before us.

All the hand-wringing on here, seriously you sound like a pack of old women. The club managed the list as it had to in 2009 and pretty much every supporter backed them to do that. I'll go so far as to say I hope we do it again this year because landing picks 1, 2, 13 & Viney is much better than Viney, 4, 13 & 26. The club is not immune from criticism and there are other things I'm not happy with Schwab in particular about but this is not one of them. Anyone who wants to have a whinge about this instead of backing the club can go jump as far as I'm concerned and that goes for any players who have their panties in a twist over this as well. Harden the f*** up and do what you're paid to do or nick off.

• Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

Interesting to see that there is not a single no. 1 draft pick at a top 8 team as the ladder sits right now. Not even sure if there are any priority picks, maybe hawthorn with Franklin / Roughhead. Looking at the ladder, it looks to me that the majority of early picks are at clubs in the bottom half. Top teams have had early picks, but none excessively so. Perhaps airing the truth will help the club more than it will set them back. I doubt there will be any ramifications from Brocks comments, it has been speculated on in the past, surely the AFL has looked at it before.

I'm a little over pinning my hopes on early draft picks, we just do nothing with them.

Not too sure about that...

Top 8 teams with priority picks:

Collingwood (Dale Thomas, Josh Fraser), Hawthorn (Jarred Roughead, Xavier Ellis), WestCoast (Jack Darling, Luke Shuey, Chris Judd), Adelaide (Sam Kerridge).

And just for good measure, as prior to being injury ravaged were in the 8, Carlton (Marc Murphy, Shaun Hampson, Matthew Kreuzer, Andrew Walker).

Apparently this is what Don McLardy has said so far... http://www.melbourne...48/default.aspx

Very measured and sensible. However, I personally would have liked a stronger and more robust statement.

That statement would have been made in conjunction with the AFL. I'm hoping Anderson has told Don that Brock is in more hot water than anyone else right now and this is why Don's response is rather low-key.

We are the opposite of invincible. We are frail, weak and battling to survive. The AFL won't want to punish and risk killing us though. It's bad for their image to kill off the oldest club going round. We deserve it though. We are a weak waste of space at present. We haven't been a decent club for decades. We've relied on support from others to survive. And after all this, we're back at the bottom again with no hope in sight. It will be interesting to see what happens. I'll be biting my nails because as [censored] as we are, I love the club and want it to prosper. I just can't see it happening right now :(

• Like 2

We are the opposite of invincible. We are frail, weak and battling to survive. The AFL won't want to punish and risk killing us though. It's bad for their image to kill off the oldest club going round. We deserve it though. We are a weak waste of space at present. We haven't been a decent club for decades. We've relied on support from others to survive. And after all this, we're back at the bottom again with no hope in sight. It will be interesting to see what happens. I'll be biting my nails because as [censored] as we are, I love the club and want it to prosper. I just can't see it happening right now :(

We need to shed this idea that because we are the "oldest club going around" that we will be automatic start for next next hundred years.

The AFL would care little for this factoid. All that matters to them is that we are financially solvent and field a side people want to tune into on TV.

We need to shed this idea that because we are the "oldest club going around" that we will be automatic start for next next hundred years.

The AFL would care little for this factoid. All that matters to them is that we are financially solvent and field a side people want to tune into on TV.

What about the GCD?

No history to worry about could change there jumper over night who would care exceot a few crazy dees