It's just rubbish to watch and will cost us members

Soidee

Interesting you bring up Hawthorn and Clarkson. In his first season the Hawks finished bottom four and he got roundly pilloried for changing the club's playing style.

How does that fact grab ya?

That was probably the same "fact' you trotted out when Bailey was appointed. We had four years of complete and utter useless uncompetitive football culminating in 186. At least that useless uncompetitiveness won us 8 games last year.

How do you like them facts???? You know we could do the same thing for the next four years get a new coach and head down another 4 year rebuilding path. You'd probably be happy with that.

That was probably the same "fact' you trotted out when Bailey was appointed. We had four years of complete and utter useless uncompetitive football culminating in 186. At least that useless uncompetitiveness won us 8 games last year.

How do you like them facts???? You know we could do the same thing for the next four years get a new coach and head down another 4 year rebuilding path. You'd probably be happy with that.

So you'd be happy to soldier on and win 8 games a year, is that it?

If not what would you suggest we do; sack Neeld?

If we have the players and it's the coach that's the problem, what about you put up your best Melbourne team and let's compare the players to other sides' which of our players would get a game in any other AFL side in your opinion?

Are you on the let's play Cook bandwagon, a player that can't kick more than one goal in the winning VFL side yesterday and can't run out a game; has he kicked a goal after half time this year?

Give us your best and your solution to the current crisis. You're becoming a bit like tonabullshyte who thinks all we need do is get rid of the coach and we're on our way to fame and glory.

Clarksons first year in 2005 was much much better than neelds first year.

Hawthorn beat essendon on 2 occasions, beat Melbourne, smashed Brisbane, beat Fremantle in Fremantle and beat the blues.

Hawthorn in 2005 really lacked class players yet they only had 1 belting and the other losses were 'manageable'.

Also, they came home with 2 wins in the last few games of the season.

Clarksons first year as coach is far better than neeld. Neelds performance is nothing short of disgraceful. One of our proven performers in moloney can't even find his feet.

What? Has that villain Neeld stolen Moloney's feet? The bastard!

Edited by Crawf52
  • Like 2

'It's just rubbish to watch and will cost us members.'

If you're talking about the hysteria on Demonland after a loss then I couldn't agree more.

There is a lot of hysteria on this site.............

Need the win this week though.............

If you're talking about the hysteria on Demonland after a loss then I couldn't agree more.

How about 6 seasons of losses.

Just keep smiling and dreaming.

What on earth are you spouting on about? I was never a Bailey fan. Never once bought in to his 'get games into the kiddies' magic souffle twaddle.

The next person to bring up the 8 Bailey wins needs to give themselves several short, sharp uppercuts. FMD.

Yes, if it hasn't been done already, someone should look at the stats as to how badly teams perform after playing in the sauna that is Darwin.

I agree with this... Playing up in Darwin is very taxing. We need to schedule the bye after the NT game otherwise we are guaranteed (more than usual) to lose the following week.

Will end up costing us if we ever come good and want to make finals

in all fairness though, Bailey was NEVER meant to win much those first two season as we were t........... trying to list manage. It was the second pair of years where we realised that not only was the cupboard far more bare than any had reasonably suspected but that the FD ( coach included ) really didnt have much of a clue..

In Clarkson's case He had something to work with, but it had been done all wrong. It took time to unravel the harm and build the new. Now look what they have !!!

There is no reason we cant be the same. I wonder how many who called for Clarkos head now would carry him shoulder high ?

I wonder how many here will respectfully admit they were just a tad wrong in a few years time ?

If we are going nowhere ...I'll be the first. I somehow think we'll be well on the road by then :)

I dont think he is. Dland hysteria aside, the last six years of inept football on and off the ground by this Club is an absolute joke. MFC is an embarrassment. I feel for MFC supporters trying to encourage their kids to follow the red and blue. Why would you do it to a child?

Members have every right to be livid about the rubbish served up this year ( in addition to past years) particularly when many of them dug deep and often with a leap of faith to reduce the $5.5m debt to zero. They have been sold a lemon for their efforts.

I would expect membership numbers to plummet and sponsorship to be even harder to win next year as MFC has embarrassed and alienated its supporters. Its a bad brand for companies to be associated with

• Like 5

So you'd be happy to soldier on and win 8 games a year, is that it?

If not what would you suggest we do; sack Neeld?

If we have the players and it's the coach that's the problem, what about you put up your best Melbourne team and let's compare the players to other sides' which of our players would get a game in any other AFL side in your opinion?

Are you on the let's play Cook bandwagon, a player that can't kick more than one goal in the winning VFL side yesterday and can't run out a game; has he kicked a goal after half time this year?

Give us your best and your solution to the current crisis. You're becoming a bit like tonabullshyte who thinks all we need do is get rid of the coach and we're on our way to fame and glory.

Hi RobbieF did you notice who kicked 5 on the weekend?

Our FD's idea of getting rid of mature players and just playing kids has put us on a par with GC and GWS in terms of our list.

The only difference is they were given a smorgasbord of picks and concessions and will most likely pass us within a year or

two.

It is very possible that we will be behind them in no time. When I think of the last few years and the draft I wonder WTF did they

do because there aren't too many quality players from then and it's disapointing how poorly we did with the chances we were given.

Don't blame Neeld it's not his fault the players can't play to his level, they need to pull their fingers out and realise they are the only

ones who can change it.

Success on the field breeds success off the field. Why is it that Melbourne went from having the highest home and away crowd in VFL/AFL history (still a record) to having to sell games to Brisbane and Darwin to pad their bank balance? I don't think I need to elaborate further for most of you.

Why is it that Hawthorn was one of the smaller Melbourne clubs at the end of 1996 and now is an absolute powerhouse and IMHO should replace Richmond in the grouping of the Big Four Melbourne clubs? Winning a premiership every decade from the sixties onwards and creating dynasties in the 70's and 80's won them a whole new generation of supporters who were just kids at the time. By 1996, they were adults with disposable income who became paid up members and regularly attended matches. This long term decline AND the current crap being served up will have an anti-Hawthorn effect on our club.

Are the dogs improving? Saints? Cats? Blues? Lions? Power? Gold Coast?

no, yes, their rookies are showing something, flatline, yes lions have improved in leaps and bounds, yes, only 1 win but ablett/hunt/bennell/dixon are exciting to watch

Hi RobbieF did you notice who kicked 5 on the weekend?

I did notice that, but did you notice that Cooky kicked 1 for Casey?

I think the rest of Demonland are finally getting the message about our recruiting; don't you?

Did I mention it was from a lucky free in the first quarter? Didn't trouble the scorer after that and there are some on here that want to play him in the ones next week, fair dinkum.

Edited by RobbieF

Anyone who in any way tries to excuse the pitifully weak and gutless performances of the MFC in 2012 should take themselves off to the nearest Auskick session on Saturday and see how many kids they can find wearing MFC jumpers. If you find 1 in a 100 that would be a good result.

We have one of the oldest supporter bases in the competition and have not even come close to replacing the last few generations as they die off. We lost the last generation of potential supporters, are losing the current generation, and will lose their kids and probably their kids' kids too. My son is two and I am trying to brainwash him, but I wouldn't blame him for a second if he decided to support a decent team.

This club has got about three years to become relevant and competitive or you can basically guarantee that there will not be a Melbourne Demons in the 2016 competition.

• Like 2

I dont think he is. Dland hysteria aside, the last six years of inept football on and off the ground by this Club is an absolute joke. MFC is an embarrassment. I feel for MFC supporters trying to encourage their kids to follow the red and blue. Why would you do it to a child?

Members have every right to be livid about the rubbish served up this year ( in addition to past years) particularly when many of them dug deep and often with a leap of faith to reduce the $5.5m debt to zero. They have been sold a lemon for their efforts.

I would expect membership numbers to plummet and sponsorship to be even harder to win next year as MFC has embarrassed and alienated its supporters. Its a bad brand for companies to be associated with

RR Haven't they started to trend down already

Anyone who in any way tries to excuse the pitifully weak and gutless performances of the MFC in 2012 should take themselves off to the nearest Auskick session on Saturday and see how many kids they can find wearing MFC jumpers. If you find 1 in a 100 that would be a good result.

We have one of the oldest supporter bases in the competition and have not even come close to replacing the last few generations as they die off. We lost the last generation of potential supporters, are losing the current generation, and will lose their kids and probably their kids' kids too. My son is two and I am trying to brainwash him, but I wouldn't blame him for a second if he decided to support a decent team.

This club has got about three years to become relevant and competitive or you can basically guarantee that there will not be a Melbourne Demons in the 2016 competition.

pretty well spot on for a number of reasons -I disagree with the last paragraph but won't quibble about time frames

I did notice that, but did you notice that Cooky kicked 1 for Casey?

I think the rest of Demonland are finally getting the message about our recruiting; don't you?

Did I mention it was from a lucky free in the first quarter? Didn't trouble the scorer after that and there are some on here that want to play him in the ones next week, fair dinkum.

Now calm down RobbieF he will be great around 2017

Trouble is it won't be with the Dees we will have retired the club to the VAFA by then.

Guest Gotzy15

I couldn't agree more. Even myself as one of the most passionate supporters you could imagine cant take it anymore. I hadn't missed a game in Vic for 3 years before Saturday but I just refuse to go and watch that crap anymore. The way we play absolutely bores me to death and I'm utterly sick of our matches being decided after 5 mins of footy. Even the suns who are a team of kids have managed to stay in games until half or 3/4 time. Since Mitch went down we have no players to get excited about and enjoy watching and only 2 honest triers in Jones and Tom Mc have emerged with a pass mark for the season. I thought the Bailey era was bad but at least we had something to get excited about! This is just plain appalling!!