Cloke and Collingwood - to part or not to part?

Satan

Wasnt there a meeting of sorts tonight ??

Whats the bet hes signed up .... I still reckon for 4 at about 850....

be interesting to see.

I agree BB it is looking that way.

I might add I am not unhappy

Probably pi-- off a few team mates

That takes a lot of cookies out of the Pies Jar.

Must liberate a couple of good players for us to consider

• Like 1

Just think Judd, even he couldn't win the game on his own tonight.

Build a team, don't blow it all on one million dollar player. To my mind and I've stated it before it would be a big mistake.

Collingwood know his value and are offering him what is right for their structure, I know we don't have a Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas but it is what we are pushing towards if we aren't we are looking at things in the wrong way. How are we going to keep these guys 2 or 3 years down the track when Eddie comes knocking with his check book and we are paying one man a million a year. It throws the balance out.

• 2 weeks later...

if there was ever any proof of how desperately we need someone like Cloke, how about our 55 inside 50s to Ports 45, yet we copped a thrashing. No targets up forward.

Throw the lot at this guy...

I reckon we need a guy called Clark with a little help form Jurrah. Cloke couldn't get a kick in a stampede at the moment and if he did there's no guarantee where it would end up. You don't pay the price he is asking and contract length to someone who has a form line of good years and bad years and can't kick straight.

• Like 2

Posters are bemoaning the plight of this club, yet many are baulking at this trade. Have a look at the Port game, no-one to kick a bloody goal.

It's not just Cloke, it's about marketing, branding, hype, free press, culture, memberships and little kids wearing our magnificent colours again.

Pick 3, 4, 12, Viney, Cloke, Clark, Howe, Jurrah, (hopefully) another year from Watts, Chip, Jones, The Jacks, Nicho, Gawn, (mebbe Cook?) and we're back on the back page!

Get him, pay him!

• Like 5

Guest KingDingAling

If we offered Cloke 1.1 million over 7 Years, then god help us.

That would be my final straw with this club and I consider myself extremely loyal and one eyed.

Travis Cloke isn't worth half that, being realistic, he simply isn't, what does his form say? He isn't much chop.

• Like 1

Yeah, big proven FF don't become available too often, and when they do a bidding war ensues. So the price was always going to be a big one- especially considering the way we are percieved by other clubs (heck even we percieve our team as shite)

Cloke at melbourne and our forward line problem is fixed overnight. Can concentrate on mids only in the draft.

We need players with skill at the club, don't be fooled by his recent shitty form, the kid can play. I don't care about the money, 7 years may be a bit excessive though, if that's the case. Whatever. Has my seal of approval

• Like 2

If we offered Cloke 1.1 million over 7 Years, then god help us.

That would be my final straw with this club and I consider myself extremely loyal and one eyed.

Travis Cloke isn't worth half that, being realistic, he simply isn't, what does his form say? He isn't much chop.

short memory. Almost won Collingwood the premiership single handedly. Bye bye and don't come back if/when Cloke and Clark are ripping the [censored] out of opposition backlines :P

Guest KingDingAling

Gotta laugh at you fools trying to justify an average to below average player getting paid 1.1 million a year

on a ludacris 7 year contract!

I dont care what Cloke done last year, I dont care what he done the year before - that is past form, its irrellevant in the present.

His current form is VERY ordinary - getting supplied by the leagues best midfield.

What people need to realize is that if we get cloke, one of he and clark are going to get the 2nd best defender each week rather than the number 1 defender, the other play will benefit immensely and it will make our mids look a lot better with two towering targets up forward rather than the makeshift targets we have now!

• Like 2

Gotta laugh at you fools trying to justify an average to below average player getting paid 1.1 million a year

on a ludacris 7 year contract!

I dont care what Cloke done last year, I dont care what he done the year before - that is past form, its irrellevant in the present.

His current form is VERY ordinary - getting supplied by the leagues best midfield.

Enjoy barracking for GWS....wow it's funny what some ppl will give up on our club so easily.

Yes it makes sense to leave a club due to who they do or don't have playing for the club. (read sarcasm)

You're not even a fair weather supporter, you are just fickle.

Don't post here anymore off you go.

Guest KingDingAling

I agree with Robert Walls, drop Cloke, such is his form atm.

Yet you fools want to pay him 1.1 million a year over 7 years.

Sometimes I think Crazy Vossy has a few alias' in Demonland.

I change my mind on this every week. This week I say get him. Seriously are we gonna save the money for when Bail,Bartram,Morton,Bennell and others have their names read out at the All Australian Night? It would be front ended so when he is 30 odd he would be on far less.

Not worth that many years or dollars, but reality is it's the only way to get decent players to our shambles of a team.

Very few good players change club during each offseason, and even fewer want to go to teams like ours is currently, so our only weapon is time and money.

Think of it like this, we probably think that most of our current players are getting paid more than they're worth, what's one more?!

Have to admit wasn't sold early, but front ended last three years on average to decent (not excessive) coin does have plenty of pro's.

No picks to give up

Opposition coaches headache, best tall defender on Clark or Cloke

Draft mids and small forward if available

Fills a lot of holes in our list in 1 off season

Howe/Jurrah third tall

Jamar/Gawn/Martin resting forward think Meth Coast Kennedy/Lynch/Darling/Cox, Pies 2010/11 Cloke/Dawes/Brown/Jolly

Also while we need good mids Clark & Cloke would reak havoc and panic in opposition forward lines with quick deep forward kicks and they both know how to work hard and lead with purpose

• Like 1

Ah Sheehan said a week ago he was sure there would be a deal done with collingwood within 10 days.

Not sure I would accept what he says on this. He made what I thought to be a pretty acid comment about the dees early in the show which makes me think he is not close to this at all.

That said if we want him we pay overs and no loss of picks.

There have been some really good points for and against on this thread. With Cloke I think it solves a lot of problems straight away. It's a lot of money but it's front loaded and it locks him away until he is past his used by date. Yes he is out of form but in the wise words of Mark Fine "form is temporary, class is permanent".

There have been some really good points for and against on this thread. With Cloke I think it solves a lot of problems straight away. It's a lot of money but it's front loaded and it locks him away until he is past his used by date. Yes he is out of form but in the wise words of Mark Fine "form is temporary, class is permanent".

Cloke has neither.

His best is not that good and it is behind him.

Not worth it .

There is no quick fix.

Remember that Mitch Clark guy?