I might be new to this site, however I am amazed at the amount of apologists for poor demon performances. I believe Neeld will change things but he has inherited a B grade list. This must be an indictment on past recruiters coaches and administrators. Oh let's not forget those on the current list who should not be on an AFL list.

Welcome to Demonland.

• Like 2

I am trying to say that we have a decent playing list. That's all.

Cannot Agree .

Mitch Clark ,Jack Watts ,Jack trengove ,Jack Grimes ,Frawley ,J Howe ,Martin ,Sylvia ,Jones ,Jurrah ,Tom McDonald and Blease are the only guys who can play the game .

12 guys who actually can play well consistently.

Guest bluey

Neeld has inhertited a basket case, the promotion and debut of Couch, the next best a Casey would have been a huge awakening, I mean that's all there is, no hidden gold, recruit and recruit, delist and delist ,make the right decisions.

• Like 1

Intriguing to see so many posters so defensive of the status quo. (General G S Paton would disagree.)

Intriguing to see so many posters attacking so few posters. (John Stuart Mill wrote about the tyranny of the majority.) Good to see the few still standing.

Intriguing to see a few posters trying to ‘win’ a discussion by ‘playing the man’ rather than the ball, by attempting to discredit any opposition or making non-sensical comments.

MFC has a history of lack of success on and off the field since 1965 – this will not change until everyone associated with, and supporting MFC, works together as a team using correct processes which bring respect and a successful club culture. There is no ‘I’ in team, there is no room for ego in achieving success, there is no place for second rate performances, and in particular there is no place for those who refuse to accept the responsibility that comes with powerful positions especially by simply blaming those at the levels below them.

Answer the question ... as I requested of you and as you requested of others.

Please define fitness Ron, and relate it to our particular form of pre-season training.

Nice try Ron, but a lot of words and dropping a name or two doesn't answer the basic question of what type of fitness is needed for AFL performance.

What do you think fitness is?

Go on. I'm going to keep pointing it out until you do it. Especially in the light of you bemoaning that we focus on fitness during preseason.

I will say there is a lot of interesting, strange​, god awful verbal diarrhoea being thrown around on this thread, haters be hating big time. I would like to say that we lost again but it was on the cards after losing two players through injury, our fitness is not at the level yet where we can cover losing 2 players via injury and still run out a game strongly.

It is a shame about Bennell and will be interesting to see what happens end of season with him. If Jamar is out next week then I am looking forward to seeing Spencil in the ruck had a good game at Casey on Sunday from all reports (45 Hitouts) Then Martin can spend more time forward.

Loved Strauss long range kick into the forward line it was a thing of beauty, also Blease and Bail's Goals were wonderful and Bails tackle on Ballintine.

Loved the way that when we had a full compliment, we answered when we were challenged. Earlier this year did not see it, I reckon if we had Jamar and Benell we would have been singing the club song. Oh well Sh!t Happens!

Edited by Felix da Dee
  • Like 4

Intriguing to see so many posters so defensive of the status quo. (General G S Paton would disagree.)

Intriguing to see so many posters attacking so few posters. (John Stuart Mill wrote about the tyranny of the majority.) Good to see the few still standing.

Intriguing to see a few posters trying to ‘win’ a discussion by ‘playing the man’ rather than the ball, by attempting to discredit any opposition or making non-sensical comments.

MFC has a history of lack of success on and off the field since 1965 – this will not change until everyone associated with, and supporting MFC, works together as a team using correct processes which bring respect and a successful club culture. There is no ‘I’ in team, there is no room for ego in achieving success, there is no place for second rate performances, and in particular there is no place for those who refuse to accept the responsibility that comes with powerful positions especially by simply blaming those at the levels below them.

You do realise that quoting a British Philosopher and a US General does not add credence to your arguments.

The Status Quo or the way things are presently in regards to the team will remain the same until they change then that will be the status quo, defending the coach and the club is something I do as a supporter because in all honesty they have not defrauded anyone, or killed anyone or even attempted to restrict my freedoms so I don't feel the need to attack the Status Quo just because we haven't been winning a lot of football games.

Tyranny of the majority is a terrible thing although a lot of posters disagreeing with you is not necessarily tyranny, none of the posters have unlawfully seized your power, or taken advantage of you or used extreme or cruel tactics when refuting your opinion. BTW Minorities can kick a$$, in fact, minorities often assert their interests over the majority especially if the they are well organised.(or funded)

Yes being a minority can mean you are downtrodden and overlooked which is terrible if you have a legitimate cause but sometimes being in a minority can also mean that you are wrong. For example please refer to the Flat Earth Society.

I agree that everyone has to take responsibility if they want to instill a winning culture at the Club, what I disagree with is your assertion that the Coach is not taking responsibility for the losses, in all his press conferences he refers to the team as "we" and when he is asked question relating to him personally he uses "I".

I think Mark Neeld is driving the reality bus he certainly is not driving behind it in a car honking his horn at it.

Oh and I know this may seem like I am making non-sensical comments in reply to your post, but you started it by bringing Patton and John Stuart Mill into it.

• Like 6

As is so often the case many 'threaders' seem only capable of viewing a player in isolation totally neglecting the impact of team dynamics.. It wasnt just that Jamar left it was, as at least some intelligent observers here noticed, that our rucking then had to change, that our forward setuo had to change and as important .FREOS setup COULD change. They were having to cover our game up to that point and werent doing to well. Noticably they improved from there on in.. Bennels unfortunate demise added fuel to their fire. Again, it altered our setup. and conversely gave Freo even better ability tobolster their game.

For every action theres an equal and oposite one. So it is often in footy.. Its not just that we lost ...its that they gained.. Theres a compounding effect often ignored by many.

This also goes to the hardships involved covering rotations and why were were dead walking late in the game.

Any game of footywhere you play 20 versus 22 is going to be uphill.

• Like 3

I gave Bailey 3 years without getting stuck into him, even though his sides only ran one way. The least I can do for Neeld is afford him some charity in his first year.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment Ben-Hur, I don't think Neeld would want your charity. Doesn't strike me as that kind of bloke.

He would simply want some patience and understanding from our supporter base to enable him do the things he knows need to be done.

In short, he needs rational, intelligent supporters - not feral, reactionary types who can't think.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Yep, it is the result of insightless tyranny that leads to posters disagreeing with you.

You lone voice, you.

You have an agenda you will not admit to.

You refuse to argue the point, no matter how many times Bob calls you on it.

You make statements in sentences, as if the form of your response implies meaning.

It doesn't.

• Like 2

The thing is, you and Tonatopia are not a legitimate minority. Just pests with a bullsh1t agenda to get rid of a coach 15 games into his immensely challenging tenure. And no quoting of historical figures to make yourself appear more intelligent than you actually are will change that fact.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 3

The thing is, you and Tonatopia not a legitimate minority. Just pests with a bullsh1t agenda to get rid of a coach 15 games into his immensely challenging tenure. And no quoting of historical figures to make yourself appear more intelligent than you actually are will change that fact.

I think hardnut and I have a simple agenda, to wins games of footy. Probably the same agenda as yours. The difference between 'your' opinions and 'ours' is that we expected a whole lot more from the team than what has been delivered, and we think the team is underperforming and the coach has something to answer for.

We are the worst performing Victorian club by a mile this year, considering last year we were in finals range.

Does this raise any questions in you mind?

If we can win a few more games by the end of the year and start to look good, I will obviously support Neeld to have another crack in 2013. However, if we do not win another game this year, you would have to ask the question, have we recruited the right man as our coach. Especially considering that M. Malthouse is up for grabs.

I think the only way to win a premiership is to honestly give an appraisal of the coaches performance over the last 12 months, if we find that he is not the best available coach in the country, we replace him with a proven premiership coach.

How is this argument not balanced?

Especially considering that M. Malthouse is up for grabs.

Right. We'll sack Neeld and Malthouse will take his place. That's pretty consistent with your reasoning capability.

• Like 1

Some people are obviously confusing the idea of winning handfuls of games in some pillar to post fashion as compared crsating a culture and ability to actually win premierships. That some do is no surprise

, nor does it that dome don't even realise there's a difference.

I think hardnut and I have a simple agenda, to wins games of footy. Probably the same agenda as yours. The difference between 'your' opinions and 'ours' is that we expected a whole lot more from the team than what has been delivered, and we think the team is underperforming and the coach has something to answer for.

We are the worst performing Victorian club by a mile this year, considering last year we were in finals range.

Does this raise any questions in you mind?

If we can win a few more games by the end of the year and start to look good, I will obviously support Neeld to have another crack in 2013. However, if we do not win another game this year, you would have to ask the question, have we recruited the right man as our coach. Especially considering that M. Malthouse is up for grabs.

I think the only way to win a premiership is to honestly give an appraisal of the coaches performance over the last 12 months, if we find that he is not the best available coach in the country, we replace him with a proven premiership coach.

How is this argument not balanced?

That's a pretty good summation of the situation Tona, and pretty close to my viewpoint also