Bendigo Gold v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

2012 Peter Jackson VFL Senior Teams

Bendigo Gold v Casey Scorpions (ABC telecast game)

Saturday 14 July, 2012

Windy Hill at 1:10pm

Bendigo Gold

Backs Williams Shinners Ladson

Half backs Slattery Pears Freezer

Centreline Merrett Duscher Browne

Half forwards Steinberg O'Brien Kavanagh

Forwards Stroobants Maddern Little

Followers Putt Ross Lee

Interchange (from) Crow Dalgleish Hunter McVeigh May* Peoples Thompson Winderlich

Casey Scorpions

Backs Strauss Davis Jetta

Half backs McGough Panozza L Tynan

Centreline Riseley Morton Pollard

Half forwards Gysberts Salton Cook

Forwards Smith Spencer J Tynan

Followers Fitzpatrick Page Moloney

Interchange (from) Clay Collins Evans Fieldsend Gent Hill* Patti Troutman Williams

* 23rd player

AFL Victoria Development League Teams

Northern Blues v Casey Scorpions

Saturday 14 July, 2012 

Preston City Oval at 9:30am

Northern Blues 

Backs Atta White Yelland

Half backs McCann Dirago Davies

Centreline Lincoln Toman T Wilson

Half forwards Lambert Currie Heyne

Forwards Dorman Casboult Bray

Followers Visser Bell Benbow

Interchange (from) Clark Coran Dowse House Marchbank Petroro Soncin Valladares

Casey Scorpions

Backs Lindsay Johnson Allen

Half backs Weekes Patti J Roberts

Centreline Gent Corry Collins

Half forwards Petropoulos Cleven Clay

Forwards Troutman Dearaugo Fieldsend

Followers Galvin McInnes Lang

Interchange (from) Bull Chin Corrigan Costigan Eddy Johnston McFarlane K Roberts Rosier

Gees reminds me of junior school house footy

Blue Vs Red

Green Vs Gold

Next week ...ah I think you get the picture...

Bendigo Gold... Absurd!

The talk earlier in the week was that Pickles would come back through the development league team but I suppose the loss of Aaron Davey and Jack Watts to injury has opened up a spot for him on the interchange for the Casey senior team. It's not a bad way to come back given there will be five on the bench.

Both Casey teams have the bye next week.

The talk earlier in the week was that Pickles would come back through the development league team but I suppose the loss of Aaron Davey and Jack Watts to injury has opened up a spot for him on the interchange for the Casey senior team. It's not a bad way to come back given there will be five on the bench.

Both Casey teams have the bye next week.

Cue the whinging about how rubbish the VFL alignment system is and how we must have our own VFL team etc.

OK - I will take the bait, and the hook if you like.

Geez....the VFL need to get their act together, and either add one or drop one team as of next year.

So many byes is absolute rubbish.

They are a joke as a back-up to a professional AFL competition in their current setup.

PS: Really great to see Williams back on his feet and playing a few games.

• Like 1

Great to see Pickles Evans back. Hope he can have a nice finish to the year, looked very promising last season.

Great to see him back, I liked his style of play early last year. He has persisted with a longterm injury, hasn't chucked it in..

Good luck to Michael Evans.

Cue the whinging about how rubbish the VFL alignment system is and how we must have our own VFL team etc.

I'll take the bait. I know it's annoying when we do this but the system does suck. In last weeks Footy Record thought it was interesting to note that of the 18 league coaches all 18 of them said they think that the VFL system doesn't work. Those guys couldn't agree on what day it is yet they know this system isn't working for anyone.

Back on topic. Glad to see this is the telecasted game. Will keep an eye on Cale and Beamer. Be able to flick between FOX and the ABC and hopefully watch 2 great games unfold

(honestly I think I'd settle for 4 kicks a quarter that hit a target in either game and a Howe specky in the ones).

I'll take the bait. I know it's annoying when we do this but the system does suck. In last weeks Footy Record thought it was interesting to note that of the 18 league coaches all 18 of them said they think that the VFL system doesn't work. Those guys couldn't agree on what day it is yet they know this system isn't working for anyone.

They just need to get rid of that stupid Foxtel Cup that no one watches, that's the reason why there's about 4-5 byes fot the season.

If that competition wasn't there, then there'd only need to be 2 byes in the VFL for the season.

If Essendon to form their own VFL team next season then we'll be up to 14 and hopefully that may help with the fixturing a little.

Great to see Pickles Evans back. Hope he can have a nice finish to the year, looked very promising last season.

Agree- Looked good with speed and great kicking ability before injury.great to see return,best of luck on return.

Really happy to see Evans back. He is, if nothing else, a really hard runner. Hard running is what we need, so hopefully he can add something to our list.

Axis - in 14 days the Olympics will start. Add about 7 days for the athletics, and you will see a track full of hard runners - that doesn't mean they'd be any good at AFL. For me, Pickles hasn't shown a huge amount to warrant an upgrade to our primary list at the end of this season. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's make or break for him as a rookie his year isn't it?

Axis - in 14 days the Olympics will start. Add about 7 days for the athletics, and you will see a track full of hard runners - that doesn't mean they'd be any good at AFL. For me, Pickles hasn't shown a huge amount to warrant an upgrade to our primary list at the end of this season. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's make or break for him as a rookie his year isn't it?

Billy, the guy played under 10 games last year, like Couch was often in the Casey bests, the played 2 or three games for Melbourne and was close to our leading possessions for those games. Evans is more than a runner he can play, hopefully he can stay fit for the balance of the year and remind us all how good he is.

• Like 3

I am not sure exactly but with all these mature age rookies etc didn't the AFL change all the rules about Rookies, apart from that I asked Pickles about next year when I spoke to him at FedSq/QBthday, said he has another year in place with the Club and was hopeful they would honour it....just desperate to get back on the park....

And one more, hopefully Beamer goes back with the right attitude, wouldn't like to be the first Bendigo player who tries to stop him if he does....he must be really hurting....B&F to dropped in under a year....B&F has been a bit of a poisoned chalice lately...sure Aaron Davy would agree

Billy, the guy played under 10 games last year, like Couch was often in the Casey bests, the played 2 or three games for Melbourne and was close to our leading possessions for those games. Evans is more than a runner he can play, hopefully he can stay fit for the balance of the year and remind us all how good he is.

C'mon now Dr, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Yes, he played very well at Casey - regularly in their best, and deserved his call up. His first AFL game he was great - 27 possessions. He played 3 more after that, with 12, 15 and 5 posessions respectively.

We have a lot of luck with our rookie-listed players, probably more so than most Clubs I'd imagine (without knowing for fact). I just don't get too worked up over rookies when I am looking at my best 22 for future years. If someone pops up out of the blue, just like Junior, Jordie, LJ, etc, then fantastic.

And one more, hopefully Beamer goes back with the right attitude, wouldn't like to be the first Bendigo player who tries to stop him if he does....he must be really hurting....B&F to dropped in under a year....B&F has been a bit of a poisoned chalice lately...sure Aaron Davy would agree

As would Brad Green...

So maybe Jones should tank the B&F???

They just need to get rid of that stupid Foxtel Cup that no one watches, that's the reason why there's about 4-5 byes fot the season.

If that competition wasn't there, then there'd only need to be 2 byes in the VFL for the season.

If Essendon to form their own VFL team next season then we'll be up to 14 and hopefully that may help with the fixturing a little.

I do not know the details of this DT

But it only takes away the bye if Bendigo maintains their own team in the VFL.

If they drop out then the VFL will still have an odd number of teams

How is Tynan going? I loved his intensity at the start of the year, but can rarely get down to Casey games

has spent a lot of the year out injury dt1

Games I have seen that he played ( not many ) he has seemed a good player with a future.

Got concussed last week, that seems to be his season so far