Colin Sylvia

robbo24

The point I was making before certain posters got into a fight, I didn't say having a great season, I said consistent performances, try reading what I actually wrote....."consistent", this may mean they have been consistently good as in Jones and Howe, or at least performing their role on a consistent basis

Next time listen to a player/coach/fitness gur/football manager when they say, they had a really good pre season and we are now seeing the benefits, it doesn't mean they are 'starring' it just means they can turn up and consistently play well each week

Back to topic jurrahcane has nailed what i have been trying to say, Sylvia has had a decent run of four games and his numbers are improving each week.

You can't rotate a guy through the midfield without the fitness base, this is one of the problems we have had this year, we have not managed to have the same six or seven in the middle thanks to injury, poor form etc since the first game

The Carey factor.

Take a slightly wayward, talented footballer and give them the responsiblity of leading the team. Create a champion.

Compare that with the scenario of taking two greenhorn, wide-eyed potential footballers and give them the responsibilty of leading a team of strugglers out of the dark. Destroy their potential.

The Carey factor.

Take a slightly wayward, talented footballer and give them the responsiblity of leading the team. Create a champion.

Compare that with the scenario of taking two greenhorn, wide-eyed potential footballers and give them the responsibilty of leading a team of strugglers out of the dark. Destroy their potential.

And Wayne Carey always had his team mates best interests at heart, didn't he.

Captaining a team and the leadership acumen required has changed vastly since those times. Col does not fit the criteria.

End of story.

Colin has show that he wants to stay at Melbourne and that he thinks Mark neeld is the right man.

With a bit of luck Colin will get through the pre season and come out and play a solid year in 2013.

He seems like he starting to settle down in the midfield were i think he could be a gun.

He has all the tools you need to be a gun he just has not had the right application.

I feel Colin has turned the corner under Mark Neelds structure.

GO DEES

• Like 2

don't know if its just me, but i have a feeling Col' is slowly starting to turn the corner, growing up and focusing on the footy and glimpses of this is starting to show through in his game.

Could just be me but i think we are in for a few damn good years with Mr Sylvia. Rightly so too!

Has the penny finally dropped? Or is he just teasing us once again? I said in an older threat, I was more than happy to see him on the trade table IF , IF , he continued his 1/2 arsed commitment to his football. I gave him to seasons end to show his worth.

I like everyone else I want ALL our players to succeed, but mister frustration was skating on thin ice.

We have a player , here, who, if he decides to knuckle down, could, I say couid, give winning a brownlow a decent shake.

Hard at the footy, has speed, great mark, shows glimpses of sheer brilliance,plays the ball and can go in to win his own footy.

Over the last few weeks he again has shown what a player he can be, here;s hoping that he doesnt drop off,and the old C.Sylvia runs out

in the red and blue. I am also not convinced he is 100% match fit yet, there is more left in him. This should be the benchmark for him to

launch himself. I hope so. and he needs to continue and keep improving for the rest of this season and beyond.

Would Colin Sylvia, the fully committed footballer, plz stand up.

Edited by Deevoted

Has been good the last 4/5 weeks now, here's hoping we are starting to see him maturing and realising his potential.

Whilst I pray we get it right at the draft and trade table this year, an uninterupted pre season for Sylvia will be a big step forward in our midfield developing.

Fit and hungry Sylvia and Gysberts in midfield with Jones and a few young guns from draft has me optimistic as we move forward

• Like 1

good to see sylvia play another good game. with 7 more games to go id love colin to really stamp his name and build it on towards next year. i reckon neeldy could be the man to change colin into elite coz we all know he is capable!

I was down on Col for a long time but he is showing something now. But as has been mentioned before, will this be followed by 6 shizen games? The jury is out.

Has the penny finally dropped? Or is he just teasing us once again? I said in an older threat, I was more than happy to see him on the trade table IF , IF , he continued his 1/2 arsed commitment to his football. I gave him to seasons end to show his worth.

I like everyone else I want ALL our players to succeed, but mister frustration was skating on thin ice.

We have a player , here, who, if he decides to knuckle down, could, I say couid, give winning a brownlow a decent shake.

Hard at the footy, has speed, great mark, shows glimpses of sheer brilliance,plays the ball and can go in to win his own footy.

Over the last few weeks he again has shown what a player he can be, here;s hoping that he doesnt drop off,and the old C.Sylvia runs out

in the red and blue. I am also not convinced he is 100% match fit yet, there is more left in him. This should be the benchmark for him to

launch himself. I hope so. and he needs to continue and keep improving for the rest of this season and beyond.

Would Colin Sylvia, the fully committed footballer, plz stand up.

Me to, 'Deevoted'...

I dropped off his bandwagon about 5 weeks back for the first time, finally giving up hope of him turning things around, I think after the Sydney kafuffel. But on reflection I may have got it wrong, not understanding the injury he is recovering from & his body language.

Anyway of all the players we have who are considered around here as frustrating, & on the shortlist, I'd like him to stay on.

Colin has show that he wants to stay at Melbourne and that he thinks Mark neeld is the right man.

With a bit of luck Colin will get through the pre season and come out and play a solid year in 2013.

He seems like he starting to settle down in the midfield were i think he could be a gun.

He has all the tools you need to be a gun he just has not had the right application.

I feel Colin has turned the corner under Mark Neelds structure.

GO DEES

Agree 100%. Colin is a key to a brighter MFC future.

Welcome back Colin. You are once again proving to be our best player and any talk by people on this site suggesting you being traded is being shown to be a complete joke.

Say what you want about Col, be disappointed that he isn't Dane Swan or Robert Harvey, but embrace the face he is Col Sylvia. Col is an elite kick, mark and has elite strength. Sure he's not going to get 35+ touches a week, but who in this side ever will?

After breaking his back in the pre season, Col eased into the season and is now again showing how much better he is than anyone else on our list.

Ditto

Sylvia is a match winner and a class act. also noted Moloney was easily BOG today v Bendigo.

Welcome back Colin. You are once again proving to be our best player and any talk by people on this site suggesting you being traded is being shown to be a complete joke.

Say what you want about Col, be disappointed that he isn't Dane Swan or Robert Harvey, but embrace the face he is Col Sylvia. Col is an elite kick, mark and has elite strength. Sure he's not going to get 35+ touches a week, but who in this side ever will?

After breaking his back in the pre season, Col eased into the season and is now again showing how much better he is than anyone else on our list.

Gee He must then be elite!!

• Like 1

Really? I heard he was no better than ordinary today. I didn't watch the game or anything, so if you did, I'd be glad to hear what he did.

I watched

Maloney is cooked!

• Like 1

Col has been seriously good the last two weeks. His game on Saturday was as good as I've seen him play in a couple of years (excluding his annual partes against Richmond).

I've been told I'm a natural optimist, but I'm looking forward to seeing how we go early next year if we have Gysberts, Sylvia and Viney all fully fit. I think it'll make a significant difference... as will having a full year of AFL-standard fitness training and extra familiarity with the Neeld plan.

What Mark Neeld has done is play Col Sylvia in his best position, he is a midfielder and has the tools to be an A grade midfielder. He is still young and if he can keep his body right through pre-season and through out 2013 we will see a better consistant Col Sylvia. The best thing with Sylvia and Jones is they both can kick goals and long goals that makes your dangerous when you get the footy in our forward half.

What Mark Neeld has done is play Col Sylvia in his best position, he is a midfielder and has the tools to be an A grade midfielder. He is still young and if he can keep his body right through pre-season and through out 2013 we will see a better consistant Col Sylvia. The best thing with Sylvia and Jones is they both can kick goals and long goals that makes your dangerous when you get the footy in our forward half.

Well, if your right & Col will play mostly in the square next year, rotating from the bench, then that Opens the door for Green to get 1 more year, as a HFF small forward.

In my Ideal he'd retire. But with these changes, I can see this working with a better supply out of the middle to the forwards. I can imagine Green fitting in to Malthouses 2011 gamestyles. A mobile forward & finisher.

We'll soon see.