• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

"Don't go to the snow, come see Scully" - Sheedy

H_T

This talk of revenge and physical harm might feel good but it's sheer stupidity. Don't get mad, get even. Just win the game by as much as possible, and restrict Scully's influence to about what it was last year when he played for us... very little.

Can't we do both? Be mad and lay him out with a heavy bump (not saying belt him unfairly), and get even with GWS by beating them.

• Like 2

BRING IT ON

THEY ARE A JOKE OF A CLUB AND THE DEMONS MUST SHOW NOTHING LESS THEN 4 QUARTERS OF HARD CONTESTED FOOTBALL

TIME TO PLAY LIKE DEMONS AND SMASH THIS FAKE,PLASTIC NO HISTORY BUNCH OF HORSE [censored] AND SEND THEM BACK TO HELL.

GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS

A mate of mine is a GWS Captain's Club member - essentially an inner sanctum GWS coterie containing about 20-25 corporate partners.

He has invited me to several functions, most recently one at which John Quinn (Head of Sports Science) and Alan McConnell (Head of Development) spoke - this was only a fortnight ago.

In short, I was very impressed. John Quinn has a brilliant CV and he appears to be very well respected in this area. Spoke extremely well too. I was astonished at how scientific the game is at AFL level - it was clear we were simply miles off the pace prior to the new regime entering the fold (ie, Neeld, Misson and Craig).

John Quinn gave a fantastic presentation - no one wanted it to finish. Following it, my one take out was that, as supporters on the outer, we literally have no idea what goes on with match day considerations/game plans etc - it's literally laughable the gulf between the analysis of the internet keyboard heroes here (including me) and the actual inner sanctum of a club.

Anyway, I digress.

The GWS appear to be a professional outfit. They have come a long way in a short time in a region that is not particularly well disposed to the code. They have recruited tough, young, talented players - arguably unlike us. It's somewhat ironic that they took our number one draft pick.

Don't get me wrong - I hope we pump the bejeezus outta them this weekend. But I don't wish them heaps of ill will. They're just another struggling sports team trying to find relevance in a region which isn't really giving them a natural leg up.

The other thing I've learnt from attending these events is that Sheedy is a bloody legend. I used to hate him. I now think he's a great speaker and motivator - in short, a legend of the game.

At the time I thought the MFC was absolutely inspired in appointing Bailey. I now think we missed a great opportunity when we overlooked Sheedy - I think our list would be in much better shape now had we given him the gig 5 years ago.

That said, I'm stoked we have Neeld now. This decision, I believe with absolutely certainty, was the correct one.

Me too Ron.

The guy has forgotten more than most of on Demonland know

• Like 1

If Viney is not worth pick 2-4 or thereabouts which considering I've heard the words 'lacks acceleration' assigned to him, he may well not, why not let them have him? We already have Jones, Moloney and Trengove in that catergory

BRING IT ON

THEY ARE A JOKE OF A CLUB AND THE DEMONS MUST SHOW NOTHING LESS THEN 4 QUARTERS OF HARD CONTESTED FOOTBALL

TIME TO PLAY LIKE DEMONS AND SMASH THIS FAKE,PLASTIC NO HISTORY BUNCH OF HORSE [censored] AND SEND THEM BACK TO HELL.

GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS

No they are not Big Jim.

They have Old iron guts sheedy and a lot of good people around him.

They are not fools.

Having said that I agree

Lets give em hell

Guest bluey

I hope our President says nothing.

Action speaks far louder than words...Win.

Surely we couldn't lose wyl, could we? hope there is a few spare seats on that plane if we do,...22 of them.

A mate of mine is a GWS Captain's Club member - essentially an inner sanctum GWS coterie containing about 20-25 corporate partners.

He has invited me to several functions, most recently one at which John Quinn (Head of Sports Science) and Alan McConnell (Head of Development) spoke - this was only a fortnight ago.

In short, I was very impressed. John Quinn has a brilliant CV and he appears to be very well respected in this area. Spoke extremely well too. I was astonished at how scientific the game is at AFL level - it was clear we were simply miles off the pace prior to the new regime entering the fold (ie, Neeld, Misson and Craig).

John Quinn gave a fantastic presentation - no one wanted it to finish. Following it, my one take out was that, as supporters on the outer, we literally have no idea what goes on with match day considerations/game plans etc - it's literally laughable the gulf between the analysis of the internet keyboard heroes here (including me) and the actual inner sanctum of a club.

Anyway, I digress.

The GWS appear to be a professional outfit. They have come a long way in a short time in a region that is not particularly well disposed to the code. They have recruited tough, young, talented players - arguably unlike us. It's somewhat ironic that they took our number one draft pick.

Don't get me wrong - I hope we pump the bejeezus outta them this weekend. But I don't wish them heaps of ill will. They're just another struggling sports team trying to find relevance in a region which isn't really giving them a natural leg up.

The other thing I've learnt from attending these events is that Sheedy is a bloody legend. I used to hate him. I now think he's a great speaker and motivator - in short, a legend of the game.

At the time I thought the MFC was absolutely inspired in appointing Bailey. I now think we missed a great opportunity when we overlooked Sheedy - I think our list would be in much better shape now had we given him the gig 5 years ago.

That said, I'm stoked we have Neeld now. This decision, I believe with absolutely certainty, was the correct one.

Sorry ron but to hear a fellow demon talk about GWS like this make's me sick.

Make no mistake they are the enemy and always will be i hope they FAIL fullstop.

First they take our number 1 pick after only 2 years

Now they are bidding on Viney our FS because sheedy is a RAT.

GWS=ENEMY.

• Like 1

Anyway, I digress.

Geez, you've just given Stevens his next story - the lazy plagiarizing b*****d

• Like 2

Yeah of course - I'm not saying that there's evidentiary value in what Ralph has said.

All I'm saying is that if GWS have promised to bid for Viney, that would be clear evidence of draft tampering in my opinion.

If they haven't promised then it's a non-issue. It would just be disgraceful journalism to allege a statement of fact that is completely false.

They haven't promised. It's Ralphy at his best, Scoop.

• Like 1

GWS ain't the enemy.

I think it was an inspired move to house a franchise in a booming region of the country, thriving with new citizens.

I don't hate the Giants. They'll go good. Pity for them is that we will always be better.

Am amused by the hate for Sheedy, doing his job, stirring the pot, have met him a few times and find him quite likeable and never seriously heard him diss MFC, only ever as a wind up. I loathe Essendon but never this bloke, I get rabid about Long, Lloyd and Fletcher but sheeds? I thought he bought memberships at every victorian club?

• Like 1

Can't we do both? Be mad and lay him out with a heavy bump (not saying belt him unfairly), and get even with GWS by beating them.

As soon as you lose sight of the primary intent, which is winning the ball, you lose the game.

One minor overstepping of the mark and someone will end up being reported. Scully's not worth it.

• Like 1

Am amused by the hate for Sheedy, doing his job, stirring the pot, have met him a few times and find him quite likeable and never seriously heard him diss MFC, only ever as a wind up. I loathe Essendon but never this bloke, I get rabid about Long, Lloyd and Fletcher but sheeds? I thought he bought memberships at every victorian club?

Still needs a smack in the head.

Still needs a smack in the head.

i probably shouldnt have laughed reading that....but I did !!! lol

I really can't stand this mob....

With what they did to us last year re Scully, and now look like shafting us again , by forcing us to take Viney with a high draft pick.

If I was Melbourne president I'd make a phone call to them , just to say, look you really hurt us last year,all we ask is if you could refrain from this viney nomination as a sign of respect, otherwise it's gloves off, and we will stop at nothing to bring pain to you at every opportunity.

We would have done exactly the same thing to them if the situations were reversed. If I was running GWS I'd laugh at a phone call like that.

• Like 1

Well this is left field but I think Schwab could do worse than to 'poach' Sheedy next year to be our spokesperson. We could do with a spruiker who talks trash and puts on a front for club pride. That would let Neeldy get on with the footy out of the spotlight. Ultimate slap back in the face of GWS and the AFL take Sheedy from under their nose.

I see this game as win/win - we either win and stick it up Sheedy & $cully or we lose and all but ensure we finish below GWS getting a step closer to securing Viney with a second round pick.

I couldn't really care if we lost against the new franchise teams this year, would much rather beat North at Docklands later in the year.

PS - just checked our fixture, we only play 3 more games against Vic sides for the rest of the year, Tigers, North & Saints, the rest are all against interstate sides. This is the thing I hate most about the FIXture is that while other clubs get to maintain their traditional rivalries and play more often against their Victorian foes we are relegated to playing the likes of Freo, Port & Brisbane more often and the lower ranked Vic clubs like North & Saints. Takes some of the passion out of the game and the games at the G against these clubs are less enjoyable due to the lack of banter in the crowd and atmosphere created by two sets of supporters and a 40-50K crowd instead of a 15-25K crowd.

give them a call.......are you serious....like someone said they already don't respect us.....but yeah lets call them and say..please leave us alone..please...for F's sake....

we just kick their ass and not bat an eyelid....

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to getting a close up view at some these disgruntled youngsters we'll have a crack at poaching.

Let's get there en masse and get Jonno Patton listening to the roar of the Melbourne faithful as Mitch Clark clunks some big grabs.

The big lad might start getting some 'ideas'.

If Viney is not worth pick 2-4 or thereabouts which considering I've heard the words 'lacks acceleration' assigned to him, he may well not, why not let them have him? We already have Jones, Moloney and Trengove in that catergory

Yes because Moloney is a gun...seriously...Viney is the next Selwood...