Dees V GWS who will win and why

jackaub

Went to the G yesterday and late in the last quarter was thinking about this game to come. Watched the gws game on tv when I got home. They were competetive for most of he game and appeared to clear the ball very well with good foot and hand skills.They ran out of gas in the last just as we did. I think it may be difficult for us to win. Glad it is down here. Also our previous favourite son play his best game yet Over 100 points i believe. I do not have a good feeling about this game.

GWS will make sure they lose to us.

They will make sure they get first pick in the draft.

Yep, pretty sure Sheedy publicly announced this.

Us to win by 25, and hopefully Scully will be run face first into the ground at least three times.

• Like 1

I'm eyeing this match with more trepidation than I have for as long as I can remember, the outcome is uncertain and the consequences of a loss are unpredictable.

• Like 3

This.

They won't play the kids they are sure to be stars, I'd imagine it'd be more of a "chuck the rest in and see what they can do" before they have to cull the list.

Absolutely no chance. GWS will be gunning to win this game.

They've got a ton of early picks already and some very promising 17y.o from 2 years ago.

They will get an early pick regardless. 1-2-3. It doesn't matter. But to stick your boots into another club and embarass them when you are less then 12 months old, they'll want that.

Edited by jacey

I'm unconvinced that David Matthews will authorise that - I reckon they'll be playing to win.

After beating the bombers and smashing the pies GWS will be a piece of [censored]. Dunn kicks 8,Sylvia plays unselfish reliable football and his efforts show his love for the game and his club,Moloney gets a stack of kicks, Watts knocks out two players whilst running back with the flight of the ball and after putting on 30kg Lucas cook stiff arms Scully so hard his black heart is smashed into pieces.

• Like 6

After beating the bombers and smashing the pies GWS will be a piece of [censored]. Dunn kicks 8,Sylvia plays unselfish reliable football and his efforts show his love for the game and his club,Moloney gets a stack of kicks, Watts knocks out two players whilst running back with the flight of the ball and after putting on 30kg Lucas cook stiff arms Scully so hard his black heart is smashed into pieces.

And Clint hits up Clark with a 60 metre pinpoint pass inside 50.

• Like 1

Absolutely no chance. GWS will be gunning to win this game.

They've got a ton of early picks already and some very promising 17y.o from 2 years ago.

They will get an early pick regardless. 1-2-3. It doesn't matter. But to stick your boots into another club and embarass them when you are less then 12 months old, they'll want that.

Spot on, Sheeds would love nothing more than to embarass us on our home ground!

I don't understand those who seem to think GWS will throw this match. If they want to test their list, why would you pick a winnable game to do it? Surely if you want to rest the stars and try out the fringe players, you'd do it against a Collingwood or a West Coast, where the result is a foregone conclusion.

Surely, to get supporter interest and to give their youth hope, they'd give it their best shot against us?

I think we'll win, purely because the game is here.

I certainly think GWS are a chance. I think Melbourne is better on paper, but I can imagine GWS winning this, and Melbourne going down as one of the worst teams ever. I can really see it.

The pressue by that point may be too much for Neeld to bare.

Edited by Cudi_420

GWS will win, and by some margin. The reason is that they are a better football team than us. We are without question the worst MFC team I have seen since I began supporting them in the early 70's, and simply close to the worst team from any club I have ever seen. Whatever the reasons are for that......confidence, unfamiliarity with game plan, fitness, and as much as I'm sure it will turn around at some stage, it won't this year, and the fact is we are simply not performing any competitive function in the AFL this season. Those on here with the bizarre fantasy that draft pick motivations will cause the Giants to tank need to take a reality pill. For those who think that things can't get worse, just wait for the blowtorch the club gets after this game!!!