Night of the Long Knives ... This Thursday.

Range Rover

It's time to stop the rot.

Sylvia, Moloney, Davey et al must be told their services are no longer required at the Melbourne Football Club.

Starting this Thursday night send them packing to Casey for good.

Precious, self-absorbed, overpaid sooks who have clearly already got one foot out the door.

Enough is enough Neeldy. Drop these chumps!

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 5

They all could be dropped on form, not even a need to call them out. If they did I would back it in that we would see a much better on-field effort. The new leadership goup given their heads can take the club forward.

We'll only really ever see if any of the old gaurd still want to play for the MFC when they spend a bit of time in the VFL.

There's no game for Casey this week, so as much as I want big changes, I can see alot of underperformers getting another week... (Not that I think they should, just that it's my instinct)

Then they don't play at all. I'm sure they'll be happy for the extra night they can spend at Boutique or wherever it is they hang out living off the pretense of being an AFL footballer.

• Like 3

I am also happy to see them all go, but I am not happy for Trengove to keep getting smashed and lose whatever little confidence he has left, because he is 20 and surrounded by 27 year olds with no leadership skills.

I am not happy for McDonald, Grimes and Frawley to see 197 forward entries because our midfield is not even physically mature enough to contest a ball up.

I am not happy for Howe , Watts and Blease to keep playing in losing teams.

I am not happy for Clark to get injured in the ruck.

And I am definitely not happy to lose by 20 goals to Carlscum.

There is two sides to every story. We can punish the senior players, and we should, but then we also need to understand that by doing so, we are also punishing the younger players who desperately need the physical support and the experience. We may not see the value in these players, but they do.

• Like 4

I think its mainly moloney who is bullying his co workers in the midfield, someone should show this guy some workplace bullying videos. of course no1 will perform with someone spraying you every second.

Sylvia should also be dropped coz his a lazy pretty boy. He reminds me of zoolander working in the coal mines this guy.

• Like 4

There is two sides to every story. We can punish the senior players, and we should, but then we also need to understand that by doing so, we are also punishing the younger players who desperately need the physical support and the experience. We may not see the value in these players, but they do.

There is only one side to this story ... and it is that we have a few 'senior' players who are not trying.

They are providing neither experience nor support to the youngsters, so why bother with them? They are obsolete.

Not trying while wearing a Melbourne guernsey must be a permanent, sackable offense and the match committee must show us this Thursday night that that is indeed the case.

• Like 1

RR - I suspect I'll come in for some criticism here, but I think Davey is trying. I just think the game's moved beyond him a bit.

I'd play him wholly in our forward 50 and instruct him just to effect tackles, nothing more.

I agree Ron. I think Davey went to Perth to train with the team because he looked Neeld in the eye and said ok.

I just don't think his legs run as fast now.

Can still be used up forward.

Beamer is the largest concern...he is already shopping.

RR - I suspect I'll come in for some criticism here, but I think Davey is trying. I just think the game's moved beyond him a bit.

I'd play him wholly in our forward 50 and instruct him just to effect tackles, nothing more.

Sorry RB, I was at the game and watched him closely. He continually avoided body contact, he looked disinterested and he had 5 possessions. He has many mates in the same boat whose care actor is zero, he's certainly not alone, but I'll be extremely disappointed if he is rewarded with a game this weekend.

Sorry RB, I was at the game and watched him closely. He continually avoided body contact, he looked disinterested and he had 5 possessions. He has many mates in the same boat whose care actor is zero, he's certainly not alone, but I'll be extremely disappointed if he is rewarded with a game this weekend.

Must've been tough being there HB, but hey I also thought I saw AD trying, but you do get the whole view from the stands.

Drop Beamer (permanently would be preferred) and Sylvia. [censored] on a bull and need to be shown the door for spitting on the jumper.

Release the Couch. Couch, Mags and McKenzie knocking [censored] out of Robinson and co. The time is now.

I don't see the big issue with Beamer. While he is form isn't that of last year obviously, he's still working hard unlike Sylvia, Davey.

He's doing what he has to, just getting by, making sure he doesn't get injured ... as he shops himself around to suitors.

He's a Melbourne player in name only and can quite frankly get stuffed.

• Like 2

I don't see the big issue with Beamer. While he is form isn't that of last year obviously, he's still working hard unlike Sylvia, Davey.

Watch the Sydney game again.

I watched him closely, and reckon it's close to one of the worst games I've seen him him play.

Reminded me a lot of Scully late last year when he was playing not to get injured.

He was a warrior at different stages last year, but he is playing with a serious chip on his shoulder at the minute!

My biggest gripe with him is he always gets caught holding the ball it gives me the $hits, get rid of it already.

Yeah, I'd agree. Just not good enough anymore. Still has superb skills, but can't get it anymore.

I don't see the big issue with Beamer.

You're joking aren't you? He walked or at best jogged around the ground the other night. Did you watch the whole game? Probably the worst performance from a player I can recall and I attended 186.

Yup. But then it's gone so far past him it's now not worth persisting. Watching his little brother run around proved that for me. He's such a small guy, under Neeld's system of just go in hard and forget the rest he was always going to suffer. He's an outside player playing in a team with no outside game.

Stick a fork in him, Green, Moloney, Sylvia... They're finished at MFC.

• Like 2

I am also happy to see them all go, but I am not happy for Trengove to keep getting smashed and lose whatever little confidence he has left, because he is 20 and surrounded by 27 year olds with no leadership skills.

I am not happy for McDonald, Grimes and Frawley to see 197 forward entries because our midfield is not even physically mature enough to contest a ball up.

I am not happy for Howe , Watts and Blease to keep playing in losing teams.

I am not happy for Clark to get injured in the ruck.

And I am definitely not happy to lose by 20 goals to Carlscum.

Great post.

Well written Jaded.

And the lynch mob attitude thats trying to dominate proceedings need to put down their torches, knives and voodoo dolls and think about the next 3 weeks.

We play Carlton, Essendon and the Pies. Three physically mature and hard teams. I am not sure about the value of playing immature kids, lacking physical support and leadership will gain from being monstered by these Clubs.

I am no fan at the moment of Beamer, Sylvia, Green and Davey and I dont believe they will or should be in MFC jumpers at the end of the year. But I dont see the sense in throwing Couch, Taggart and co to the wolves against these top teams.

I would be rotating these guys out after the bye and give them at least some hope against lesser clubs like GWS and GCS.

I agree with the notion that our young players need the physical support, but are they actually getting the physical support? I don't see a reason why you couldn't play Bate, Magner and Couch in the middle of the ground and have those bodies absorb the punishment that Moloney and Sylvia would otherwise cop. It's not exactly a Class A midfield, but I can't see it performing any worse than the one we've got going now. I also can't see how Sylvia's position is even remotely tenable in the current side and Moloney isn't far behind. The only thing that might change my mind is that we've got another run of top teams so perhaps we might spare a few younger players the psychological impost of being mauled by good teams.

Man, I yearn for the days when Moloney was a flat track bully.

• Like 6