Tadhg Kennely Whacks MFC

stuie

Refreshingly honest and totally accurate, a proud Irishman telling it like it is.

This is a must read for our playing group, if they haven't already been told?

• Like 1

He's telling it as it is.

Respect is the underlying topic here. I can't remember ever having any as a Melbourne supporter. Even when we played finals or GF's in the last 30 years...

This really hurts.

Gippy

He loved jimmy and is just saying what he think's jimmy would be thinking if the great man was still with us. It's sad but true what he said and there could be alot of MFC player's looking for job's come the end of 2012. The toxic waste must be filterd out of this club asap

Nail on the head and as I said in another thread, I spoke with a recently retired AFL player last night who pretty much echoed Tadhg's sentiments regarding our performance, I'm hoping it's a wake up call but with the group we have we'll hear the usual BS from the players like last year aginst Carlton and they will come out breathing fire for 15 minutes next week and that will be it

Captain Obvious.

Might be obvious, but it's a pretty stinging criticism by a highly respected recently retired player who ISN'T a loudmouth self important attention seeker.

Should hurt the playing group as a whole.... If they have a miniscule amount of heart somewhere they haven't looked yet

Might be obvious, but it's a pretty stinging criticism by a highly respected recently retired player who ISN'T a loudmouth self important attention seeker.

Should hurt the playing group as a whole.... If they have a miniscule amount of heart somewhere they haven't looked yet

Why would they listen to him? Their massive egos prohibit any constructive feedback or reality to strike a chord.

Why would they listen to him? Their massive egos prohibit any constructive feedback or reality to strike a chord.

Mate I hear ya... It's gotten pretty bad when you doubt even something like this will have any effect on them whatsoever, both individually and collectively

Something has to get to them eventually though doesn't it? Surely.....

Every word there is true.

No pride and no passion.

One wonders why they just don't phone in sick!

As a serious aside, if he isn't in any way contracted to SSFC, is there ny way that Neeld could / should get him down to address the players this week?

Edited by monoccular

"....they don't know what their left hand and right hand are doing."

"I know the personnel is definitely not there for the brand of football that they want to play,"

"....no leadership on the ground"

Leads to some questions directed more generally at the whole organisation

How can we be a full preseason plus 8 games in and still not have any sign of the plan gelling.....I'm not sure the left hand knows that the right even exists

If we don't have the personnel to play the brand of footy we are trying to play then we have the wrong brand of footy... the suit has to be cut from the cloth available. maybe an evolution path, building on the capability and addressing the weaknesses wa more appropriate than the path of revolution we've chosen

If there is no leadership on the ground, .... Is there the necessary leadership off the ground?

Edited by Retrospective

He loved jimmy and is just saying what he think's jimmy would be thinking if the great man was still with us. It's sad but true what he said and there could be alot of MFC player's looking for job's come the end of 2012. The toxic waste must be filterd out of this club asap

I hope you do not mean players, when you say "toxic waste". There may be something toxic that has gotten into some players, but surely they would be no happier about that than you would be.

The toxicity you see is not the player. The player is a person, and with the right help can surely be restored to what he wants to be. I think it is an over-simplification to throw the player out with the bathwater that is currently muddying his passion/gift/career.

It's sad that what Tadgh says sounds so recognisable, but rubbing people's faces in what's gone wrong is only ever an act of anger and it was never a good practice.

Knee-jerk abuse may be understandable, but I don't think we can afford to indulge in it, given that many are now referring to the state of the club as a crisis. MFC needs to protect its brand and its assets, and do it intelligently.

Edited by robbiefrom13

Captain Obvious.

Exactly. Nothing new. I dont know why people want to pin it on boards in the dressing rooms.

Its bleedin obvious. He is right to say it. Its just sad that its true.

Leads to some questions directed more generally at the whole organisation.

If there is no leadership on the ground, .... Is there the necessary leadership off the ground?

This point will be missed as posters seek to pot shot individuals and find scapegoats.

The serious questions go well beyond the playing group. The players should be rightly blow torched. So should everyone from the Board down.

It's just a guy telling us stuff we already know. It was the first time he'd seen us play, and was telling it as it is.

Nothing will change. The club is right at the start of a rebuild. It's time to accept that.