• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Friday Night in the Stands - rough?

Striker475

this is why i pay the extra cash and have a reserved seat trident membership in olympic stand so i dont have to put up with opposition supporters, i was an AFL member before i got the trident and the abuse i had to put up with especially from pies supporters it was disgusting

and only a matter of time before i ended up in a fight and that is the last thing i want to go to footy 4

Were you there Friday? Did you notice the number of Hawks supporters sitting in our area? I had one sitting in my seat when I arived before the game, asked them to move they just shifted a few seats away. Security are useless and are more worried about creating scene then actually moving people out of our reserved area.

This is an amazing topic seeing that I had my worst experience at the football on Friday night in 36 years of going to the football. The most amazing thing was that my incident took place in reserved seating on level 3 of the MCC reserve, just in front of the Frank Grey-Smith bar. It was the first time in a few years that I've sat there and was looking forward to getting the higher perspective on structures and ball movement.

The 60-something pest just behind me started getting under my skin in the first quarter when he mocked me and my mates' calls for holding the ball in the wing which the umpire awarded to Hawthorn as a high tackle. I bit back by suggesting that the Hawthorn player would be more at home as an Eagle than a Hawk with evasive moves like that.

When Hawthorn started getting on top in the second quarter, he ramped up the mocking of Melbourne players and supporters. For the players as an example, he suggested that we add a $100k or drop a $100k for every mark or dropped mark taken by big Mitch. His mocking of the Melbourne supporters as a constant "go dees" in a childish voice and suggestions that the Dee supports rack off to the snow or the bar. I eventually took the bait, turned around and hoped that he would have a lovely day on on Sunday. When he asked why, I told him that he was like a nagging mother-in-law! (I apologise to all the mums and mothers-in-law - comparing this pest to you was grossly unfair, but I was referring to the nasty stereotype). He started blathering on so I yelled over the top of him "nag-nag-nag". As you can tell, I was almost out of control by now.

He then suggested that I rack off to the snow or the bar, so I pointed out that I stayed true, I was still here at the football. When he suggested that I was a toff, I accused him of being a Scotchie. This seemed to take him aback but I strongly link Hawthorn to Scotch College. (I'm not sure he understood the insult that I was paying out as I'm an ex-Grammar boy and was sitting with a couple of ex-Xavs).

Before long, the half-time siren blew and me and my mates retired to the bar for some refreshments. In the third quarter, he started up again but it felt easy to me to ignore him and it was my mates who bit back. Thankfully, he was gone by 3/4 time.

In hindsight, he was being a pest and his verbal stouches were absolutely anti-social. Unlike others in some other threads on Demonland, I believe that there are boundaries on acceptable barracking at the football, and this guy definitely crossed that boundary when he started mocking Melbourne supporters and clearly directing it toward me and my mates. He did drop the occassional f-bomb which contravenes MCC rules, but not quite enough for me to alert the attendents at the time.

My wife suggested that I could have moved, but reserved seats on level-3 are hard to get and I felt that he was in the wrong. In hindsight, he was a pest who wanted to get under my skin and I let him succeed 100%. I wish that I had just told him, at least in my own mind, that he was being a pest and left it at that. And maybe, I wish that I had reported his swearing to the attendents so that he would have got a message about boundaries on acceptable barracking.

Striker... I was at the game on Friday night sitting in q49 with a few of my mates and we were maybe 2-3 rows behind you. You wear a jumper with no 11 on your back right? If that was you mate all I can say is I was absolutely disgusted at what you were copping and was this close to coming down and telling all those dawks to shut the f**k up and leave you alone. You were doing nothing untoward just being vocal at the game (as we are to) and its ridiculous that you have to put up with that!! If I see you again at the footy and you're copping it I won't make the same mistake twice and I will come down and fly the flag for you. This club needs more supporters like you and good on ya mate we all think you're a legend. Have a great weekend champ and go dees!!!

Yup, that was us.

Am an AFL member and was pretty shocked at what I saw on Friday night too. There are idiots in every crowd, from both teams but on Friday night I was genuinely confused by the lack of understanding of the game by a lot of hawks fans. I love Buddy, Cyril, Sewelly and Mitchell for the Hawks. I know how Hawthorn play and their uncontested high possession footy. Their fans turned up and had no idea about us, or the game. One bloke behind me referred to Chippa as 'some [censored] nobodies heard of'. Frawley is All Australian.

He also made comments about our players beings 'Fags'.

It's so disappointing. I turned to him at 1/2 time and told him that his players are unlucky to have such a moron for a supporter.

He wasn't alone either.

For the first time in years I went and sat somewhere else.

• Like 1

this is why i pay the extra cash and have a reserved seat trident membership in olympic stand so i dont have to put up with opposition supporters, i was an AFL member before i got the trident and the abuse i had to put up with especially from pies supporters it was disgusting

and only a matter of time before i ended up in a fight and that is the last thing i want to go to footy 4

It not just the abuse and i feel for you striker thats rubbish behaviour.

Glad you are reporting it ect, i didnt have to deal with that even from westcoast fans at suby when i went there, they just enjoyed there win ect nothing untoward

I get myself a seat in Redleg so i dont need to hear this shiet opposition fans say, large amounts of biased commentary cant give you team a trick ect its only annoying but not what i sit at the game to listen to for 2 hours you know. havnt been able to use it as mates who are opposition fans want to go to the footy with me but cant wait to just sit in the MFC reserve and relax and enjoy the game.

This is an amazing topic seeing that I had my worst experience at the football on Friday night in 36 years of going to the football. The most amazing thing was that my incident took place in reserved seating on level 3 of the MCC reserve, just in front of the Frank Grey-Smith bar. It was the first time in a few years that I've sat there and was looking forward to getting the higher perspective on structures and ball movement.

The 60-something pest just behind me started getting under my skin in the first quarter when he mocked me and my mates' calls for holding the ball in the wing which the umpire awarded to Hawthorn as a high tackle. I bit back by suggesting that the Hawthorn player would be more at home as an Eagle than a Hawk with evasive moves like that.

When Hawthorn started getting on top in the second quarter, he ramped up the mocking of Melbourne players and supporters. For the players as an example, he suggested that we add a $100k or drop a $100k for every mark or dropped mark taken by big Mitch. His mocking of the Melbourne supporters as a constant "go dees" in a childish voice and suggestions that the Dee supports rack off to the snow or the bar. I eventually took the bait, turned around and hoped that he would have a lovely day on on Sunday. When he asked why, I told him that he was like a nagging mother-in-law! (I apologise to all the mums and mothers-in-law - comparing this pest to you was grossly unfair, but I was referring to the nasty stereotype). He started blathering on so I yelled over the top of him "nag-nag-nag". As you can tell, I was almost out of control by now.

He then suggested that I rack off to the snow or the bar, so I pointed out that I stayed true, I was still here at the football. When he suggested that I was a toff, I accused him of being a Scotchie. This seemed to take him aback but I strongly link Hawthorn to Scotch College. (I'm not sure he understood the insult that I was paying out as I'm an ex-Grammar boy and was sitting with a couple of ex-Xavs).

Before long, the half-time siren blew and me and my mates retired to the bar for some refreshments. In the third quarter, he started up again but it felt easy to me to ignore him and it was my mates who bit back. Thankfully, he was gone by 3/4 time.

In hindsight, he was being a pest and his verbal stouches were absolutely anti-social. Unlike others in some other threads on Demonland, I believe that there are boundaries on acceptable barracking at the football, and this guy definitely crossed that boundary when he started mocking Melbourne supporters and clearly directing it toward me and my mates. He did drop the occassional f-bomb which contravenes MCC rules, but not quite enough for me to alert the attendents at the time.

My wife suggested that I could have moved, but reserved seats on level-3 are hard to get and I felt that he was in the wrong. In hindsight, he was a pest who wanted to get under my skin and I let him succeed 100%. I wish that I had just told him, at least in my own mind, that he was being a pest and left it at that. And maybe, I wish that I had reported his swearing to the attendents so that he would have got a message about boundaries on acceptable barracking.

If your paying for reserved seating I would have reported him. Most of the people I go with arent members (one goes for Geelong, the other the saints) so often I sit in general admin or standing only and you get some gems. Although one of the worst people Ive ever seen at the footy was a demon supporter who called an eight year old a c word and then was so drunk at three quarter time that he peed his pants while sitting...

Were you there Friday? Did you notice the number of Hawks supporters sitting in our area? I had one sitting in my seat when I arived before the game, asked them to move they just shifted a few seats away. Security are useless and are more worried about creating scene then actually moving people out of our reserved area.

No I couldn't make it Friday, what I wanna know is how do hawks fans get in there I'm on level 2 and you have to show your membership at entrance to Jim stynes room, so only way hawks supporters can enter is if a member has purchased a guest pass so they would have there own seat in guest area so why are they in your seat

No I couldn't make it Friday, what I wanna know is how do hawks fans get in there I'm on level 2 and you have to show your membership at entrance to Jim stynes room, so only way hawks supporters can enter is if a member has purchased a guest pass so they would have there own seat in guest area so why are they in your seat

I also noticed a large number of hawks supporters in this area. Some weeks they are very vigilant about making sure they only sit in N55 (the area for members with guests), but on Friday night they didn't bother. Possibly because of the small crowd. Have to admit they were well behaved though.

Agree. And all this "flying the flag" stuff is dumb. Dont get entangled with the idiots. You become no better than them

I have used and seen the texting of unruly behaviour employed to very good effect. In both cases security/groundsstaff frequented the area promptly in an obvious fashion to let all know they were there.

in one case they warned then evicted the offending supporter(s). In the other, the offending parties went mysteriously quiet.

I dont know why posters/supporters feel the need to become involved/interject with ratbags. If you do you only open yourself to a series of potential and drastic outcomes that you cant control.

Get smart and either text the bad behaviour or move. Its dumb (and not tuff) to get yourself involved with d!ckheads like that.

Agree 99% but draw the line at spitting, it aint about being tuff it's a dog act

There's definitely a place for rowdiness at the footy but only as long as there are smiles too. If anyone gives you a hard time remember you have thousands of mates wearing the same colours as you. Don't let the [censored] control you and alert an authority figure if it gets too bad

Yep, found a loudmouth hawk-supporter idiot sitting with his daughter sitting near us.

One polite well-considered retort got inside his head and had him quiten down and moving seats at the next change.

Maybe he was scared because he thought you were nuts.

I was in the Legends area and there was a Hawthorn idiot sitting behind us he was a guest of one of the members at the president's function, and he started mouthing off as soon as the game started. We suggested to the member that he get him out of there and he started paying out on us but eventually decided to move, it was getting a bit nasty.

It's Friday night games in general.

Finish work have 4-5 pints no dinner go to the footy.

I was absolutely blind at 1/4 time and giving plenty of lip. Everyone turned on me by half time but thems the breaks!

Hawks supporters are disgusting though. There are so many that have crawled out from the gutter since they fluked that flag.

was waiting for a mate outside junction oval before the game and my gf and I played spot the demon in a sea of white and yellow/brown

Up there with bombers and collingwood.

It was the same on level 2 in the Olymipic stand, I don't mind opposition supporters sitting with us, as long as they are respectful of where they are sitting. If you take a guest on your membership sit in the designated area with your quest. On Friday night the staff that should have been policing the seating on Level 2 Olympic didn't check anyone for tickets even entry through into the Betty Cuthburt Room, anyone could have walked in.

I got that frustrated with some peanut jumping out of his chair turning around and giving it to all the Melbourne supporters, that I approached an MCC suited employees complained about all the Hawthorn supporters in our reserved seat area particularly the 5 or 6 blokes giving it to us, to be told in an extremely rude manner that it was our fault more likely we gave them the tickets. To this I didn't respond well and told the employee who was a senior employee with a couple of younger staff that he should do his stuffen job and go check their tickets, to which he decided not to respond.

I will be sending an e-mail to the club today, I pay good money to sit where I do. This wasn't a club issue this was the MCC staff not doing their jobs.

i had a shocker. i sit in the mcc with a few mates week in week out and we are not shy, but all in good form. had 3 people behind us with the rug over the knees (in their 30's mind you) who asked me not to stand up after we kicked a goal as this was disrespectful. my polite response was "i will try to stay sitting but as we are at the football sometimes i get a bit excited so i cant make any promises". my firend asked me to kindly remove my voice box as my eager cheering might upset a few.

Had a hawks supporter in front of us at one stage keep yelling out boring. fair enough. but coming from a bloke who had been to the solariam one too many times and who didnt know any players names outside of buddy and cyril, i found this a little hard to swallow.

it just seemed that they were all taking great delight in our misery. no better than a bully in the school yard.

It's Friday night games in general.

Finish work have 4-5 pints no dinner go to the footy.

Classic! Nothing like some good banter i reckon, but theres a line

Until the MFC start playing decent football rather than the junk that was served up on Friday night we are going to cop sh!t from all angles.

Maybe Colin Sylvia could take a look at Matty Boyd's stats from yesterday. But then that would mean hard work wouldn't it Col.

• Like 1

Until the MFC start playing decent football rather than the junk that was served up on Friday night we are going to cop sh!t from all angles.

Maybe Colin Sylvia could take a look at Matty Boyd's stats from yesterday. But then that would mean hard work wouldn't it Col.

I have wanting to be hated like Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood and West Coast for 20 years.

I cannot wait for our supporters to hated because we are feral, arrogant, smug and belting other sides.

Bring it on!

Agree 99% but draw the line at spitting, it aint about being tuff it's a dog act

Where do I say it was acceptable???

My reference to being "tuff" was patronising to the stupid behaviors. And spitting is gross.

The recommendation of report or move stands.

I am not sure what positive banter is. Given the description of some of the neanderthals people complain about I thiink its best to be left alone and dont engage.

Guest José Mourinho

Maybe he was scared because he thought you were nuts.

It wasn't me that said it.

But being told that he was embarrassing his daughter got inside his head.

I don't think anything else could have worked as effectively.