Casey Scorpions v North Ballarat

KC from Casey

Sam does play like a millionaire, I think there is a lot of smart arse in him that needs to be knocked out, if he has the choice he seems to like taking the harder option to show off his skills and more often than not comes undone. If he can learn to play the percentages and become a professional footballer he has the potential to be an A grader, potential is a dirty word.

They never tried to knock the smart arse out of Stephen Milne & look at him. Maybe we could do with a bit of this attitude on field.

They never tried to knock the smart arse out of Stephen Milne & look at him. Maybe we could do with a bit of this attitude on field.

Not that kind, it's how he approaches his football not the way he deals with the opposition.

Highlights are up on the dees website now, the few clips of Blease were impressive, however as posters have pointed out they may have been the only good things he did for the game. The snap goal at the end was all class in the clutch.

Highlights are up on the dees website now, the few clips of Blease were impressive, however as posters have pointed out they may have been the only good things he did for the game. The snap goal at the end was all class in the clutch.

Blease was terrific all day. From memory, all three of his goals were kicked on the non-preferred foot.

I would have given Bennel BOG for Casey; Goldtstein BOG for game.

Blease was terrific all day. From memory, all three of his goals were kicked on the non-preferred foot.

I would have given Bennel BOG for Casey; Goldtstein BOG for game.

Is he in line for a call-up? I think I remember someone saying he only had 11 touches, but was electrifying with them. Except I'd love Bleasey to be cracking 20+ possies most games in the 2's.

Cook, spoke to him at Family Day, at least 10Kg short of weight he needs to be, gets [censored] off coz he keeps picking up injuries, not helped by still growing, Club is trying to develop body at 'natural' pace. Personal again, has not lost the ability which is the reason we drafted him, 5 goals in comeback game, yes lower level but he kicked them, just wants to play and finds it funny even at his height he can be the invisible man

5 goals in a half! That's a hell of an effort for his comeback game.

Bennell was super off half back. Petterd may be up for trade at the end of season, he has gone backwards.

Certainly true about Petterd - does anyone know why? Fitness? Game plan not suiting his style? Lack of happiness between him and the coach?

Certainly true about Petterd - does anyone know why? Fitness? Game plan not suiting his style? Lack of happiness between him and the coach?

What about "he's just not that good a player"?

What about "he's just not that good a player"?

I think Petterd needs a dramatic change if he's going to make it on Neeld.

Our forward line is pretty chockers going forward- Clarke, Watts, Cook, Martin, Howe, Dunn, Davey, Blease etc, along with midfielders who can go forward.

Why not try to get Petterd back playing defence. He has played their before. His first year he played a lot off half back.

It worked for Leon Davis, why not for Petterd. I fear that if he doesn't get a change of scenery, he might just drop off the map altogether. That would be a shame considering how talented he is

I think Petterd needs a dramatic change if he's going to make it on Neeld.

Our forward line is pretty chockers going forward- Clarke, Watts, Cook, Martin, Howe, Dunn, Davey, Blease etc, along with midfielders who can go forward.

Why not try to get Petterd back playing defence. He has played their before. His first year he played a lot off half back.

It worked for Leon Davis, why not for Petterd. I fear that if he doesn't get a change of scenery, he might just drop off the map altogether. That would be a shame considering how talented he is

Some people including Neeld and Ricky Petterd himself need to remember how much forward pressure this bloke can put on in a game. I am a massive fan of Ricky P I think we will see plenty of him this year. He is a forward in my mind and would be perfect in and around the packs that clark smashes. Centre clearance into a pack that clark smashes ball comes to ground Ricky P tackles and bartram check side snap in the pocket for a goal! That's a gameplan to take to the bank everyday.

• Like 1

It's a bit depressing that reading about Casey is more interesting and exciting than reading about the senior team. But thanks to all who contributed so we can look optimistically into the future.

Nothing depressing about our future. Only our past.

I wouldn't mind betting, as he's an emotion player, that he's gone stale after all the list management...

I think he responds to the emotion of the game at hand, reactive. He's a player, instinctive, so sophisticated structures hinder his emotional response, IMO causing a loss of confidence because its just Not flowing.

I'd hang onto him, on the list, as when we start the fire, so will he.

ANYWAY, back to the great win by Casey on the weekend...

Bennell seems to be regarded as BOG. People reporting on the game seem to be saying that he showed genuine desire for the ball and maybe even a few signs of hardness here and there? These two areas have been his greatest weakness in the seniors, so if he is finally getting the hang of it he could be looking at a recall sometime soon. Anyone who was there able to confirm that he was showing this?

Bennell was super off half back. Petterd may be up for trade at the end of season, he has gone backwards.

But he has never been super off half-back at AFL level. Probably the only really good game he has played was forward when he took that big mark and kicked four. No thanks.

But he has never been super off half-back at AFL level. Probably the only really good game he has played was forward when he took that big mark and kicked four. No thanks.

But now we have a new very demanding coach, new game plan......maybe a new Bennell?

But now we have a new very demanding coach, new game plan......maybe a new Bennell?

^ He needs to show us he's got a couple of new clubs in the bag by shooting under par for more than a round or two.

^ He needs to show us he's got a couple of new clubs in the bag by shooting under par for more than a round or two.

Jamie shows us a glimpse of his talent every now and then but that's all, he just doesn't get enough of it or do enough in games. You can't give a player a game if he is continually getting 6 or 7 possessions each week.

Jamie shows us a glimpse of his talent every now and then but that's all, he just doesn't get enough of it or do enough in games. You can't give a player a game if he is continually getting 6 or 7 possessions each week.

Agree. Reckon JB's a jet though. Just looks like a mini McLeod. We all know there is a big difference between finding your feet in VFL and AFL. He just needs to do that. Confidence is king.

Not really sure he's a had a settled role at all either. Perhaps half / back and wing. He did look good forward under Bailey for a while.

The problem with JB is he needs to settle in a role, to me he is a good defender. I think his defensive side late last year was good, didn't get enough footy but didn't get beaten by his man. If he can find the balance between attack and defense he will be a good Back Pocket HBF. Like Morton play JB in the position he was drafted to play and see if he can play.

Any chance Casey can thump a team great to win close ones but would be nice to win a few 10 goals plus

JB and Ricky Petterd will need to be versatile .They are both good enough to make it and have the talent.

Fantastic news from Casey.

All our boys are doing well.

Injury list clearing up.

I can smell an unscheduled win if we make it out of the cattery alive .

I can smell an unscheduled win if we make it out of the cattery alive .

I pray our 1st win comes before the GWS game.

A win before then could really boost confidence and send us on our way.

Taking down GWS for our 1st would be a very hollow victory IMO.

ANYWAY, back to the great win by Casey on the weekend...

Bennell seems to be regarded as BOG. People reporting on the game seem to be saying that he showed genuine desire for the ball and maybe even a few signs of hardness here and there? These two areas have been his greatest weakness in the seniors, so if he is finally getting the hang of it he could be looking at a recall sometime soon. Anyone who was there able to confirm that he was showing this?

Certainly showed all the signs I'd want to see of desire for the ball - contesting or standing ground when he was down back and the ball was coming his way in the air, or weaving through and swooping on a loose ball and just smoothly running off while scanning around for a target to hit by foot, or swooping on the loose ball in the square and banging it home for a goal. All those things showed initiative, confidence, desire for the ball. The only thing I didn't see was JB picking a contest where he was outclassed or outsized. So no reckless hardness as I recall, but definitely desire.