Changes V Western Bulldogs

w00dy

Stupid post Jaded...get rid of it.

Mods I think this is out of line

Really, you don't think that coming out next week and getting thrashed again because our players are weak and lazy is not going to put a massive downer in what is meant to be a celebration of Jim Stynes' life?

I for one would rather not have a memorial for someone's life tainted by a garbage performance.

Hope they prove me wrong, but I watched Gold Coast tonight and it become abundantly clear how woefully weak our list is. And it's bad enough copping that week in week out, but having it infiltrate a night dedicated to someone who fought out his life, is really going to be the cherry on top of the crap cake.

• Like 1

martin is tremendoudly out of form and is miles away from the form of mid last year

Martin all this year has looked like a basketballer trying to play football.

The guy is not a forward (im not even sure he is a ruckman) - doesnt know where to run and has terrible awareness. Cannot kick for goal to save himself either. I never actually want the ball in his hands because it will most likely lead to a turnover or a missed opportunity because he is so fumbly for someone who is meant to be so athletic.

Time to sit him at Casey for a while. He has plenty of mates, but bloody hell he frustrates me.

• Like 1

We are so slow, it's ok to get grunt and bigger bodies around the ball but...

We really need Blease to pull his finger out or put him on the trade table and we could do with Nicholsons leg speed. I hope these guys can show something at Casey.

Those calling for Morton to be dropped need to realize that he was bad not because of skill errors, but because of nerves. He was afraid to attack the ball, and I think only playing him the seniors will take away that fear.

I know this POV goes against the grain here, but I'd support it completely. Play him at least till the middle of the year. He was far from our worst, and got a lot more possessions than most. Confidence.

Suspect Martin may be dropped, perhaps for Fitzpatrick if he has another solid game at Casey.

Grimes is going to be OK apparently, and I would leave the back line alone. Considering how often the ball's coming in, they're doing OK. Perhaps one of Green, Tynan or Couch in, depending on how they go. Bail might be on thinner ice than most, and I'd add Davey as well. He at least tried today, but it's clear that he's no longer what he was.

But as above, it's really just moving the deck chairs. There's no 10 goal difference to be found in a couple of guys from Casey.

I know this POV goes against the grain here, but I'd support it completely. Play him at least till the middle of the year. He was far from our worst, and got a lot more possessions than most. Confidence.

Suspect Martin may be dropped, perhaps for Fitzpatrick if he has another solid game at Casey.

Grimes is going to be OK apparently, and I would leave the back line alone. Considering how often the ball's coming in, they're doing OK. Perhaps one of Green, Tynan or Couch in, depending on how they go. Bail might be on thinner ice than most, and I'd add Davey as well. He at least tried today, but it's clear that he's no longer what he was.

But as above, it's really just moving the deck chairs. There's no 10 goal difference to be found in a couple of guys from Casey.

Stef Martin is the 2nd worst player on the list.....you can shuffle this any way you want.

This relentless Morton bashing gives me the s##ts. Chooks comment was spot on. He plays now like a bloke terrified of being dropped. Play him every week this year. Rivers needs a rest and Tynan and Couch need a run.

Bartram will never be an integral part of a good side and I would look to replacing him.

Dropping blokes every week is not going to help the club. 2012 is going ot be a write off. Personally im not even interested in the win/loss record. I would like to see the club use this season purely as a year to see what the list has. Play these blokes all year. morton, bate, mckenzie etc. play everyone as much as possible then by rd 22 neeld and co, as well as us supporters will know exactly what this list potential is. then slash and burn as necessary. Sending these guys back to casey for half the season means another season gone and still not knowing if they have potential or not. id like to see morton play every game. if hes [censored] then its an easy decision. same with gysberts, bennell, strauss etc. 2012 should be used to get as many games as possible in to these guys. play seller at chf for 6 games. see what he does. put davey in the pocket for 6 weeks. theres no point continually dropping blokes out of emotion. one of the major reasons that the list is so underdeveloped is that these kids have been in oand out of the side like yo-yos for the last 3 years. this year is an opportunity. of course we want to win but we arent going for the flag so lets put em in, leave em in and see what we got

Edited by Munga
  • Like 3

He's had 4 years of playing in the seniors, how many more til he's not scared? BS excuse. Did Martin look scared today? No more excuses for that wet blanket, he just needs to make room on the list now. Done.

Morton's had a grand total of one game in a row under Mark Neeld. We're dying for some outside run and class, and we have at least a little of that in Morton. But because we're too stuck on his draft pick number, we don't allow him the opportunity to forge a new name for himself under a new coach. Surely we all accept that fear has some role in Morton's unwillingness to go hell-for-leather at the contest and back himself to play his natural game. I simply don't think we gain anything by dropping him back to the twos if that's the case. You don't lose your fear of the big-time if you never experience it with the confidence that your mistakes will not be punished with endless time in the VFL.

Cale Morton may have had four years worth of games under Dean Bailey, but he's not our coach anymore. Mark Neeld is, and so we ought to adopt the same clean slate that he has.

Edited by Chook
  • Like 2

Stef Martin is the 2nd worst player on the list.....you can shuffle this any way you want.

Stef Martin is like Jamie Bennell, every now and then he'll/they'll do something that makes you go, "wow this kid can play" but it's an illusion, the truth is they are low possession high risk players because when they do get it they inevitably stuff it up. Both to go at the end of the year.

Outs:

Martin was and is awful. Happy to see the back of him. Oddly enough I think he will have some value at the trade table.

Bate. Cant tackle kick mark or show any awareness. Do the Dogs still want him?

Garland. Huge fan but he needs to be accountable for his performances and perhaps play at Casey. He will bounce back.

McKenzie. Poor preseason due to injury has left this bloke out in the cold in my eyes. We just have way too many slow mids, of which McKenzie is showing the least amount of form.

Bail. Do not rate him at all. Never seen it. Get him out.

I am not saying that he should be dropped but the Tigers really worked out Magner's lack of defensive skill. He wont want to repeat that performance against the Dogs.

Ins:

Moloney? Even at half rat power he will help out the likes of Trengove etc as he will cop the attention.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh........................................................

not sure who else.

Blease? Yikes.

Ricki Bobbi? He was woeful last week.

Davis. Straight in if he plays well for Casey. Made of the right stuff.

Tynan. See Davis.

Can someone at the club tell Lawrence to pull his finger out as he has the BEST OPPORTUNITY IN THE AFL to get AFL games. We have no small forwards of note. None. 2-3 good games at Casey will surely see him debut...

Morton's had a grand total of one game in a row under Mark Neeld. We're dying for some outside run and class, and we have at least a little of that in Morton. But because we're too stuck on his draft pick number, we don't allow him the opportunity to forge a new name for himself under a new coach. Surely we all accept that fear has some role in Morton's unwillingness to go hell-for-leather at the contest and back himself to play his natural game. I simply don't think we gain anything by dropping him back to the twos if that's the case. You don't lose your fear of the big-time if you never experience it with the confidence that your mistakes will not be punished with endless time in the VFL. Cale Morton may have had four years worth of games under Dean Bailey, but he's not our coach anymore. Mark Neeld is, and so we ought to adopt the same clean slate that he has.

In his first year Cale was a good footballer and a prolific ball winner, albeit as an outside player, but he has been "developed buy the club" to the stage where he is virtually on the trade table.

I cannot believe how he has gone so far downhill and I put it down to the fact we've tried to make him something he's not, a tough inside ball winner.

Our game, AFL, is one where there is room for many and varied types but somehow we want to turn every player in to the same type, either a tough inside mid or a power forward/back, there is room for a Cale Morton in the team as long as you let him play to his strengths and not his weaknesses.

• Like 3

Really, you don't think that coming out next week and getting thrashed again because our players are weak and lazy is not going to put a massive downer in what is meant to be a celebration of Jim Stynes' life?

I for one would rather not have a memorial for someone's life tainted by a garbage performance.

Hope they prove me wrong, but I watched Gold Coast tonight and it become abundantly clear how woefully weak our list is. And it's bad enough copping that week in week out, but having it infiltrate a night dedicated to someone who fought out his life, is really going to be the cherry on top of the crap cake.

That post is a disgrace, and what is worse is that you still don't recognise it. Jim Stynes' life will never be tainted by anyone elses actions and I won't let the team performance change my reflection of Jim's life on the day. I will be giving my respects regardless of any any selfish motives to see my footy team have a win.

Hang your head in shame. I will delete these post as soon you delete your original one.

FFS get a grip.

Edited by dandeeman
  • Like 4

Far to top heavy today, I want to see some run added into the team. I want some of the young players to be stuck with and some of our ordinary older players moved out. I want to see a strong bodied tagger in our midfield, a small crumbing forward who can tackle and harrass and some creativity coming out of defense, which leads me to.

IN: Blease, Davis, Moloney, Petterd, Tynan

OUT: Bate (hasn't really shown anything), Garland (in poor form and made a lot of mistakes), Martin (can't play he Jamar, Clark & Sellar all in the one team), McKenzie (love his tackling, but needs to get more of the ball or be able to play a tagging role which he doesn't), Rivers (lack of run out of defence. Time to bring in a tall who can provide this).

FB: Davis, Frawley, Davey

HB: Grimes, Sellar, Bail

C: Watts, Moloney, Blease

HF: Trengove, T. McDonald, Bartram

FF: Howe, Clark, Tapscott

FOLL: Jamar, Dunn, Magner

INT: Jones, Petterd, Tynan, Morton

EMERG: Couch, Martin, McKenzie

Edit: Forgot to include Tynan in my INS. If Grimes doesn't come up then Couch should make his debut.

Edited by Tall Defence

Ins: Moloney (if fit, else Couch)

Out: Martin

too many changes taking place, how the F*** can a team expect to perform with 4 changes or so each damn week.

.... I can dream that they will eventually perform can't I! :)

That post is a disgrace, and what is worse is that you still don't recognise it. Jim Stynes' life will never be tainted by anyone elses actions and I won't let the team performance change my reflection of Jim's life on the day. I will be giving my respects regardless of any any selfish motives to see my footy team have a win.

Hang your head in shame. I will delete these post as soon you delete your original one.

FFS get a grip.

It's your stupid outrage that is preventing you from understanding the point I am trying to make.

In what is meant to be a night for the club to be proud of the achievements of an incredible man who saved our club, it would hurt that much more to watch the team capitulate as they have in the last 3 weeks.

Jim's memory won't be ruined by it, but the night will certainly be much poorer for it because we'll dominate the headlines for all the wrong reasons again.

Put it this way, I am not looking forward to the team [censored] up another big occasion.

• Like 2

Guest Jackie

On their current form the Bulldogs are not faring much better than us. They look just as apathetic and disinterested as us. If we lose to them it will be the ultimate humiliation given the significance of the occasion.

Edited by Jackie

Can see where you're going, it's frustrating to be a demon supporter at the best of times. The problem with your strategy is blind running won't get us up the ladder.Just gets players tired. We need guys who can "play the game between the ears". Guys that anticipate the drop of the ball. This stuff is best taught by a mentor and with Sylvia, Moloney and Jurrah all out makes life difficult. For example if Judster or GAblett went to MFC on a 5 year deal this effect would automatically rub off on the rest. Anyone watch the effect Ablett had on GC last night as they very nearly beat the Bombers.

Solution=keep rewarding the young stand outs for Casey, i.e., Couch and move on the Guys that are under performing for a long time now..dare I say it again, Jamar Davey, Bartram ...

Good example of mentor status player is Lenny Haye

On their current form the Bulldogs are not faring much better than us. They look just as apathetic and disinterested as us. If we lose to them it will be the ultimate humiliation given the significance of the occasion.

Don't worry, we'll work them back into form.

We'll make their worst spuds look like Judd.

We are so slow, it's ok to get grunt and bigger bodies around the ball but...

We really need Blease to pull his finger out or put him on the trade table and we could do with Nicholsons leg speed. I hope these guys can show something at Casey.

I don't want anyone brought into the side that Is Not TOTALLY onto the leadership & responsibility mindset. No 3 week short term gain for destroying our work at changing our poor culture.