Moloney, Davey, Green Gone

rjay

Fair dinkum- if I see Davey in the seniors again I will dead set spew! He is past it and it is as simple as that. His sooky demeanour makes me want to break stuff!

As for Moloney and Green I'm reconsidering my want to have them dropped for this weekend. On one hand they deserve it, on the other I want to see if they can make ommends against an ultra-competitive outfit in the Eagles. I don't want to see them come back against the Tiges after pulling their finger out at Casey- I want to see their desire against a top 4 club on an away trip.

But don't we know what we are going to get

davey has been playing this way now for 2 years, nothing will change.

With Green and Moloney it is strange neither one seems to have been the same since the infamous 186.

I am not sure if I just want revenge for the past year or I actually think they should be dropped.

The problem is that our senior players have been letting us down for 2 years now.

How much longer can we go on accepting this crap?

Would there replacements do any worse?

Will the loss without them be larger, probably but does it matter if we get done by 15 goals or 20?

Probably not.

So give them both a rest at Casey.

I'm willing to give them one more chance, I'm willing to put the round 1 effort down to... hell- whatever. A pass. My main reason to not drop them next week is to see how they right their wrongs against one of the competitions best- where there will be nowhere to hide. I want to see a bright spot light shining on them. I want to see if it was just a mental hangover from the dire leadup. I want to see if Green really is as disgusted with his performances as he said he was on whatever tv program he was on and I want to see them fight for our club and take some responsibility.

I don't want to see our kids thrown to the wolves, I want to see our seniors (barr Davey) stand up and I want to see it now.

A repeat of round 1 perfomance and they can spend the rest of the year at Casey for all I care and never get the privelidge of stepping foot on the G, or another ground for that matter in our beloved dees jumper!

This has happened before, Geelong, Hawthorn...the same result. No I'm happy for the coach to drop who ever he feels deserves it. Our guys just don't stand up, maybe they can't.

This has happened before, Geelong, Hawthorn...the same result. No I'm happy for the coach to drop who ever he feels deserves it. Our guys just don't stand up, maybe they can't.

You have hit the nail on the head rjay.

It is hard to pull your socks up if you do not have any on.

My only real concern is that they play next week for Casey, perform in the VFL, earn a call up and get an "easier" game against the Tigers. Maybe we'll just go for WYL's suggestion of 4 weeks at Casey then shall we?

• Like 1

My only real concern is that they play next week for Casey, perform in the VFL, earn a call up and get an "easier" game against the Tigers. Maybe we'll just go for WYL's suggestion of 4 weeks at Casey then shall we?

Yes why not.

Time for some change and it is in the west so we can turn off the TV when it gets too horrible

and no one will see walk out of the G in our Maroon and Blue scarfs

I doubt it. Neeld dragged him at 3/4 time and what do you think that means???

Blease was cooked. Watched him on 3 occasions coming off the ground and he was a goner. His fitness is not there yet. His burst through the centre was tremendous, Shame he didn't kick the goal but that is exactly the type of play we need. Bennell should be that type of player well but has to date been largely disappointing. Ditto Bail although Bail has other strings with his endurance and close checking.

• Like 1

I don't think they will be dropped just to be called up a week later, that stuff is out the window. Anyone dropped from this game will have to string a few good games together and show they can come in and add something to the team structure. That would be my guess.

We already know what we are going to get. 4 weeks.

Thats what i thought. Its not like he was played on the ball and struggled to find it.

DemonWA he was as bad as people are saying.

He is not the player of 2009 or 2010.

He is playing the same way he did in 2011, poorly.

The guy supposedly earns in the vicinity of $400 000

at present he is worth $50 000 if that.

It is time to try some one else.

A major part of our problem is the poor performance of our senior players he is the chief culprit.

If Neeld's words mean anything he has to be dropped.

• Like 1

Hang on a minute. These boys are in mourning, remember. Give them a chance. Jimmy wasn't just a figurehead, they knew him, he was in amongst

them a lot. I'm sure they miss him, too. They'd have to be heartless not to feel anything. Beamer would have watched and barracked for Jimmy,

as a kid. Davey held the number 37 jumper with such feeling. These kids, and most of them are kids, are obviously hurting. My 20 year-old

son wore a black armband (did it on his own, without my knowledge) for Jimmy on Saturday, because he felt so sad. Give them time, please.

Hang on a minute. These boys are in mourning, remember. Give them a chance. Jimmy wasn't just a figurehead, they knew him, he was in amongst

them a lot. I'm sure they miss him, too. They'd have to be heartless not to feel anything. Beamer would have watched and barracked for Jimmy,

as a kid. Davey held the number 37 jumper with such feeling. These kids, and most of them are kids, are obviously hurting. My 20 year-old

son wore a black armband (did it on his own, without my knowledge) for Jimmy on Saturday, because he felt so sad. Give them time, please.

Very well said! I think you are correct and that this is something most of us seem to have lost sight of in our disappointment with Saturday's performance. Thanks.

The players you mention are not kids. They're men. And hoisting the white flag is no way remember a fallen comrade.

• Like 1

Was Davey really that bad?

You put your left foot in, your left foot out, shake it all about

Put your right hand in, right hand out, then shake it all about

you do the hoky poky & you turn around, thats 'apparently' what its all about

Wa oh oh, the hoky poky, wa oh oh hoky poky

and thats about how Aaron goes, since last year...???

Where for art thou Aaron?

Blease was cooked. Watched him on 3 occasions coming off the ground and he was a goner. His fitness is not there yet. His burst through the centre was tremendous, Shame he didn't kick the goal but that is exactly the type of play we need. Bennell should be that type of player well but has to date been largely disappointing. Ditto Bail although Bail has other strings with his endurance and close checking.

Yep. I'd like to see that from both Blease and Bennell & Aaron as well.

If thats true about Blease then he should spend his time @ Casey & do extra work throughout the season to build his engine.

Your right they would be, as we all are.

I flew interstate to attend for Jimma.

But also we are fighting the same cause, and don't want to see Jimma's good work come unstuck. the lack of heart is not something that has just occurred since the funeral. It's been happening across the Melbourne sides for 7 or 8 years @ least.

Thats why IMO we're all worried about it continuing.

It has to stop and Successive coaches Admins et al haven't stopped this Rot... It must before they're is a supporter revolution.

• Like 1

Part of me wants to expose the under performers to the vasteness of Subiaco and part of me wants to send some to Casey. I'll let the experts decide.

Yep. I'd like to see that from both Blease and Bennell & Aaron as well.

If thats true about Blease then he should spend his time @ Casey & do extra work throughout the season to build his engine.

They were all cooked. At 3/4 time they were all hunched over gasping for air whilst the Brisbane players ran over to their coaches. We were stuffed.

Maybe Blease has to decide where he wants to play - the heartland or that other place. Was he subbed off because he actually showed a bit of initiative and went for a run down the centre. Not to game plan.

They were all cooked. At 3/4 time they were all hunched over gasping for air whilst the Brisbane players ran over to their coaches. We were stuffed.

Maybe Blease has to decide where he wants to play - the heartland or that other place. Was he subbed off because he actually showed a bit of initiative and went for a run down the centre. Not to game plan.

It s possible that the grief & wanting to play for Jimma makes you Less relaxed and ,ore liable IMO to the body working harder for the same output. It's happened to me when I went in Stressed instead of comfortable & composed.

I was Anxious and everything was hard to do. Breathing was more Labored, and the burning starts. Lactic Burn.

It is possible that this could've occurred.

I've noticed throughout the pre-season and against the Lions, that we seem to have an issue where opposition teams are hoarding within a 20 metre radius around packs while our blokes burrow in. Regardless of who wins the ball in the contest, the ball ends up in opposition hands.

Is this an illusion? Are they spreading that much quicker?

It just seems as though we're really strong in the packs and win the ball 90% of the time but, frustratingly, once the congestion recedes, the weight of numbers is with the opposition.

Edited by WAClark

Moloney is in MFC's best 5. Not going anywhere. Green may get another shot against WC and must play v Tigers. Pressure needs to come from Leigh Williams(Great white hope), Cook, Mcdonald or Dunn. These guys need to score bags of 4+ at lease twice in a row (like FEV) to be considered. If Green played every week for Casey he'd have bags of 4-6 most weeks. Sad right now we must be patient and promote only if form merits a promotion. Sometimes better to stay with the devil you know Guys...Davey may drop back to defence and let Bartram have a rest at Casey.

In most of my posts I discussed MFC lack of a someone outside of Petterd and Jurrah (both injured) who love a goal. Most are goal shy. Still hope if we can get these two guys back firing by round 5, If Leigh Williams can continue his form at Norwood (he's a rare goal kicker) and perhaps Mitch Clarke can prove sceptics wrong Dees can still be a force this year.

In summary the answer is wrong on all 3 for this week anyway.

Edited by thaipantsman

As for Moloney and Green I'm reconsidering my want to have them dropped for this weekend. On one hand they deserve it, on the other I want to see if they can make ommends against an ultra-competitive outfit in the Eagles.

Feels like I've waited my whole life for these people to make amends for their [censored] poor performances under pressure.

I'm getting old, and it's wearing thin.

I can count on 1 hand the number of times these guys have been dropped for poor form, but there aren't enough fingers and toes to count how many times they've backed up one garbage performance with another.

Every one of us has a certain level of accountability in our jobs, hell, in our lives. Why can't these highly paid professionals be afforded the same level of accountability the rest of us mere mortals have?

That all these guys survived 186 after a combined total of about 5 disposals and 0 tackles and hard ball gets between them is a miracle. They should thank their lucky stars they still have a job.

Yes they are in mourning for a bloke who gave a lot of his life to this very club at this very ground, so i find it hard to think such an insipid performance happened.

i expected the Demons to be a bit shaky in the first Q then just go for it....The opposite happened.

Now maybe the players should not have done the guard of honour....i have mixed feelings on that 5 days before round one.

Frank Grimes did not accept it as an excuse....