Russell Robertson now the face of Dee Tv

dazzledavey36

When and where was this released?

It's not like he's gone far... He was involved a bit in the gameday activities at our home games at the G last season...

Gippy

I think it's a great move.

Mat Burgan has been great for us in many ways, but he always seems a little uneasy in front of the camera.

• Like 1

When and where was this released?

It's not like he's gone far... He was involved a bit in the gameday activities at our home games at the G last season...

Gippy

Announced over twitter.

melbournefc It was great seeing @rustyrobertson here at the 'G today. Robbo is back at the club as the face of DeeTV. pic.twitter.com/wvC7U1ut

I'm happy Robbo remained a one club player, despite his efforts to get to another AFL club at the end of his Demons career.

It's something Cameron Bruce may regret in the future (then again, perhaps he'll be a premiership player at the end of this year).

Doubt it - not in their plan or in the best 22

I'm happy Robbo remained a one club player, despite his efforts to get to another AFL club at the end of his Demons career.

It's something Cameron Bruce may regret in the future (then again, perhaps he'll be a premiership player at the end of this year).

Theres something tainted and smelly about when a player leaves for another club without the conceiving clubs blessing. Just a rotten odour, like decaying fat in the hot Sun.

Welcome back Robbo. A niche little job for a camera shy Lad ! :blink:

Edited by dee-luded

I thought the genial Matt Burgin was an excellent interviewer. I fear our loveable Robbo will lay on the platitiudes and bulltish big time.

A big thanks to Burgo for all the work he's brought us in the past. I'll continue to look forward to his articles on the club website.

Robbo will add more of a relaxed feel to the interview and more than likely a few more laughs than Burgo.

Another good move by those involved in these decisions.

Theres something tainted and smelly about when a player leaves for another club without the conceiving clubs blessing. Just a rotten odour, like decaying fat in the hot Sun.

RDB, Stan Alves, Greg Wells have an odour do they?

I am not sure a Club's blessing is necessary or required. Or should a player wait until a Club kindly puts them on the scrapheap?

Good move for Robbo. Always loved a camera and a microphone.

Burgo was painful- get real .Suburban and witless , looking like a gushing sister in every interview . Robbos a natural lair and a charmer with enough confidence in himself to make it fun to watch . Thanks Burgo- honest and sincere effort but bland .

• Like 1

Its also a coincidence that in Stynes' first month away from the Club sees Robbo return.... Humble pie there??

Well, it depends on if Stynes had anything to do with list management! I'm doubtful that there was any bad blood between JS/RR, the same can't be said for the DB/RR relationship though.

As President of the Club and someone who for time had been involved in the FD, he would have had scope to influence list management. And by the way Harrington, Schwab and Connolly were more involved with list management and they are still there. I think you have as much evidence on the JS/RR relationship as you do on the DB/RR relationship.

And if a player does not like getting told that he is no longer good enough for AFL which Bailey rightly did to a number of the senior list at MFC at the time, you are surely going to come up with some ripper conspiracy theories on Mark Neeld.

As President of the Club and someone who for time had been involved in the FD, he would have had scope to influence list management. And by the way Harrington, Schwab and Connolly were more involved with list management and they are still there. I think you have as much evidence on the JS/RR relationship as you do on the DB/RR relationship.

And if a player does not like getting told that he is no longer good enough for AFL which Bailey rightly did to a number of the senior list at MFC at the time, you are surely going to come up with some ripper conspiracy theories on Mark Neeld.

Hang on RR, you're going off a bit half-cocked here. I have no idea about the relationship of Stynes and Robbo, I don't have evidence and I don't claim to. One day we may have a beer and we can talk about the other relationship.

Perhaps I should've made the humble pie comment last year when Robbo was doing some match day stuff with the Club, especially considering that DB was still coaching at that stage.

Your last paragraph is ridiclous. Why would I come up with a conspiracy theory on Neeld? Why would you even say that? Actually, what are you implying? Because the first part of it is 100% correct - that players didn't like getting told. Where's the conspiracy theory in that??? :wacko:

Not sure what the issue with Burgan was. Wasn't a great interviewer but wasn't poor either. Just got the job done and asked normal appropriate questions.

Totally agree BBP. Burgan was very good at talking footy stuff, which I thoroughly enjoy, and hope that Robbo can find that balance of a serious and informative interview, as well as doing what Ellie McKenzie is trying to do and show players lighter side.

For interstate supporters, Dee TV is a fairly important source of media, and they will need to cater for both business and pleasure.