Eddie Declares War on GWS

Good Times Grimes

How do you like it when GWS are going after your players, Eddie? I hope like hell that GWS can nab one of the filth's stars, especially after Eddie's comments in this article:

McGuire threatens to 'go feral' if Giants target Pendlebury

Based on news that has come to light in recent days, Melbourne had no chance of keeping $cully, so for him to come out and make a comment like this I feel is inappropriate.

Say goodbye to Pendles, Eddie. I doubt he'll be at the filth in 2013.

Very interesting. I quite like the part about him making it his life's ambition to destroy them, not so keen on the next line slaggin us off though.

End of the day there is SFA he can do about it. I heard on 3aw a few weeks ago that Pendlebury's brother picked up a job at GWS not long ago. He has also signed just a one year contract ending this year so I would bet he is gone already.

At least this filthly immoral club will now leave us alone and it's someone elses problem.

Very interesting. I quite like the part about him making it his life's ambition to destroy them, not so keen on the next line slaggin us off though.

End of the day there is SFA he can do about it. I heard on 3aw a few weeks ago that Pendlebury's brother picked up a job at GWS not long ago. He has also signed just a one year contract ending this year so I would bet he is gone already.

At least this filthly immoral club will now leave us alone and it's someone elses problem.

Yep I reckon he's gone for all money. The give away is this bit.

Pendlebury says he is prepared for a year of intense speculation as GWS seeks to make him the next Tom Scully.

Has a familiar tring to it.

Edited by RobbieF

another Eddie stab at Melbourne:

"As long as they know ... this is not Melbourne where you can just walk in and steal the players. If you do this at Collingwood, good luck"

I think we should make it our mission to walk in and steal Pendles or any other Collingwood player for that matter!

• Like 1

I think we should make it our mission to walk in and steal Pendles or any other Collingwood player for that matter!

I'm aware that this has been mentioned before somewhere on this forum, but Pendlebury was a Demons supporter growing up. Maybe he wants to come to the MFC and be reunited with his midfield coach in 2013? Does anyone have any idea as to whether (if he wanted to come to MFC) he'd be a free agent or whether we'd have to pick him up via trade/the draft?

LOL, what a little sook!

Nice cheap shot McChins.. I hope like hell they take Pendles, and I hope like hell McChins harbours a vendetta against GWS for the rest of his life.

How childish!

Pendles must be gone? The one year deal screams GWS offer. Even if he hasnt allready signed the fact that he has left the door open for an offer means he is interested in the size of a potential offer. As we all know, not many clubs can match the kind of money GWS are splurging around so GWS are in the box seat as far as i am concerned

Pendles must be gone? The one year deal screams GWS offer. Even if he hasnt allready signed the fact that he has left the door open for an offer means he is interested in the size of a potential offer. As we all know, not many clubs can match the kind of money GWS are splurging around so GWS are in the box seat as far as i am concerned

Maybe we can?

Perhaps he signed a one year contract so he could play in back to back premierships with Collingwood but that just didn't happen for him. Maybe he knows that when he goes to GW$ the closest thing he will get to a premiership is when his mum shows him the replay of 2010.

I'm aware that this has been mentioned before somewhere on this forum, but Pendlebury was a Demons supporter growing up. Maybe he wants to come to the MFC and be reunited with his midfield coach in 2013? Does anyone have any idea as to whether (if he wanted to come to MFC) he'd be a free agent or whether we'd have to pick him up via trade/the draft?

This is the internet and I realise that once something gets posted, and then quoted, it becomes fact. But I remember listening to an interview Pendlbury did with the Coodabeens maybe two years ago and he said he was a Hawthorn fan growing up.

I don't think the childhood team supported caper counts. I mean Tom $cully was a keen Tigers fan, and now he wants to be a Giant for life...

He's a colossal [censored] but until GWS actually do steal one of his players I'll reserve my judgement on these comments.

He's probably very much right that it was easier to walk in and steal a player off us than them but that's our bad luck for having drafted scum.

I must admit to being conflicted on this one... I would love to see the Pies lose one or two of their best, but at the same time I would hate to see GWS grow as a competitive team. I certainly wouldn't object however, if we were to poach Pendles - that would be doubly satisfying as we would be screwing Eddie and GWS at the same time :-)

Well said Eddie....

About time that we, as a football club both inside and out learnt to stand up for ourselves.

If this had happened to Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon then it would have hit the fan and answers would be demanded.

I love my club but from an outsiders perspective (which does matter because of sponsors, fixtures and free to air) we are weak and happily took it from GWS and the AFL as we usually do.

• Like 1

He obviously isn't afraid of the AFL reaction to his comments. Denigrated GWS and Melbourne in one tirade. Doesn't he know this is all being done for the good of the game. Obviously just trying to placate the Pie masses, or get publicity for his show.

• Like 1

Well said Eddie....

About time that we, as a football club both inside and out learnt to stand up for ourselves.

If this had happened to Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon then it would have hit the fan and answers would be demanded.

I love my club but from an outsiders perspective (which does matter because of sponsors, fixtures and free to air) we are weak and happily took it from GWS and the AFL as we usually do.

which is exactly why the MFC should never openly tank again. We left ourselves wide open with dubious reward.

What is done is done, and i blame no one. But it is a big lesson to swallow.

It is nice that we have a common enemy, with the emphasis by the way on the word "common".

But now some have whetted my lips with the thought that maybe we could poach him in 2012 - the Neeld connection, us (hopefully) on the rise.....?????!!!!!

Now that would be good to see.

Well said Eddie....

but it happened to Geelong and it didn't hit the fan