Denham's problems with Melbourne

Redleg

You know when a 3rd rate Journo throws out a line and we bite, then they have landed the fish they wanted.

We then ring up the Stations or papers and complain and it adds CRED to their bio.

The easiest way to get on his nerves is just ignore him like the West Coke scum he is.

I wasn't going to bump this again but someone from the club has got

To hold this turkey Denham to task.

He has claimed this morning that Jim was unprofessional in spruiking Neeld at the detriment of Bailey.

That we are the worst run club

That we didn't look after Wonnamerri or do enough to get him to come back to the club.

That we should of flown up there and to bring him back.

This guy is running the dirtiest of agendas at the moment

• Like 1

I wasn't going to bump this again but someone from the club has got

To hold this turkey Denham to task.

He has claimed this morning that Jim was unprofessional in spruiking Neeld at the detriment of Bailey.

That we are the worst run club

That we didn't look after Wonnamerri or do enough to get him to come back to the club.

That we should of flown up there and to bring him back.

This guy is running the dirtiest of agendas at the moment

Here is another idea, text or call SEN and have a go yourself. No good coming on this forum and crying about it. Take it up with this bafoon. I have called in and called him out before and he skirts the issue. Make his look silly. I am sick of reading our club forums and hearing people whinge about this bloke, but none of our supporters ever phone up and make a storm. Part of the reason he attacks us I reckon! You are obviously all listening. Make a stand!

You dont think other clubs say things about former coaches. Of course Mark will be a tougher coach. I have nothing against Dean but he never had aplan B and the players didnt even know what the gamle plan was.

KB stood up for us with Aussie and told Greg you cant get a player back if his heart isnt in it We all know that if we saw Aussie know he would be overweight and not fit. We cant keep chasing im.

Obviously Greg Denham liked him and he valued him as a player more than what us supporters did. Anyway the guy is still a [censored].

If he bothers you that much, challenge him on air.

I concur. We have enough intelligent supporters that clearly listen to this bloke, call him up and dress him down. He thinks he can walk all over us coz most of the time our fans bite their tongues when someone takes the [censored]. Enough is enough.

Edited by Tingay02

I am at work. Only truck drivers or the unemployed have time to ring radio stations!!

It doesn't seem to stop you posting with regularity here :-)

I'm sure it's just a wind up and that Denham gets off reading this thread.

If he was really serious and a decent journalist, he would fly up to the Tiwi Islands and get the low down on Austin Wonaeamirri and the reasons why he's up there and not here in Melbourne doing a pre season. I'm sure the Australian could afford to send him up there. Surely, they would have a few Qantas seats after the last week?

Guest Thomo

Anyone know where Denham lives? What he said this morning has gone too far.

And what would you do if you found out? Serious keyboard warrior stuff.

• Like 1

I think Denham, from the little I've read or heard, is close to the mark and it's getting a bit much for some.

Here are some observations and facts:

1. We appeared to tank in at least two years (a tactic I support with some misgivings).

2. We have performed poorly on field for some time, 2006 was the last reasonable year we had.

3. We have had to go begging to our members to rid the club of debt as well as getting additional funding from the AFL.

4. We were deplorable during but particularly after the Geelong game, reinstating a sacked CEO, sacking a coach who had been told he'd get an extension, being media driven in our process and dismissing Bailey in the most deplorable of ways.

5. We lost our marquee player to another club.

6. Our president has now made the most inappropriate comments about a past coach that about 3 months ago he was about to extend and who the current Board extended two years ago. Suggesting Bailey was not "serious" was an insult to him, his staff and the whole club. I can only put such a rank comment down to his illness.

Now I'm not suggesting that we haven't made some great advances in many areas of the club but from an independent point of view, and especially from an opposition supporters point of view we haven't done much to hang our hat on lately.

I'd suggest people toughen up. Denham is giving us publicity and that is a good thing.

I think Denham, from the little I've read or heard, is close to the mark and it's getting a bit much for some.

Here are some observations and facts:

That's crazy talk! You better be careful or you may be dragged over the coals for such seditious comments! (nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition - fetch the comfy chair!!)