Addam Maric To North Melbourne

Bates Mate

I really wonder what North will use him for. They have five or six small forwards already. Are they trying to create the smallest forward line in history? Maybe they saw one of this good games and decided he could be a decent midfielder? Sure, hes younger than most of their smalls, but he's not a better player than them.

Hmm... the upgrade to pick 40 is interesting, and a fair trade you'd think, but not exciting.

But, if it meant that pick 36 and 40 could be bundled into something a little more useful (like a first rounder) then I'd be all for it.

Still a lot of trade week to go...

On the face of it trading a small forward from a club with a dearth of small forwards to a club with a heap of them makes no sense.

Well I suppose he wants to go and it looks like North want him.

Donald McDonald said on Trade Week Radio that this trade is unlikely. Not sure what game North are playing at to be honest.

Maybe we shouldn't have said that North are easy to deal with. Maybe they took it the wrong way. Maybe they know they can get him for nothing in the Pre Season Draft.

I am expecting Melbourne might be pushing a little harder than Pick 40.

I am thinking Maric + 54 for Ben Warren + 40.

We will then pass Pick 40 onto the Saints for Tom Walsh.

This is only if we are out of the running fo Mitch Clark.

Maybe we shouldn't have said that North are easy to deal with. Maybe they took it the wrong way. Maybe they know they can get him for nothing in the Pre Season Draft.

I think that's exactly what will happen unfortunately. We get nothing.

Off Sportal

"9:00am - North Melbourne football manager Donald McDonald denies speculation the Roos are interested in injury-plagued Hawk Clinton Young. McDonald also says North are unlikely to trade for Addam Maric but are happy for the young Demon to train at Arden St over summer if he is delisted by Melbourne."

North playing at funny buggers...lol...and they might just get their man for nix. I cant see Addam being a 'must keep" at this stage now.

Were looking at a second round pick they will only want to give 3rd round.. fun and games !!

Off Sportal

"9:00am - North Melbourne football manager Donald McDonald denies speculation the Roos are interested in injury-plagued Hawk Clinton Young. McDonald also says North are unlikely to trade for Addam Maric but are happy for the young Demon to train at Arden St over summer if he is delisted by Melbourne."

North playing at funny buggers...lol...and they might just get their man for nix. I cant see Addam being a 'must keep" at this stage now.

Were looking at a second round pick they will only want to give 3rd round.. fun and games !!

Why would they give him a medical now if they were not interested in trading. Clearly they want to give a lower pick for him. Easy team to trade with Tim H?

Why would they give him a medical now if they were not interested in trading. Clearly they want to give a lower pick for him. Easy team to trade with Tim H?

Perhaps we should look at any players they have out of contract that we may be interested in.

Red..the essence here is they would quite like him , hence the medical etc.. They just dont want to pay fo rhim...and they might not have to.

See it for what it is..... theyre sneaky !! lol

North are obviously doing what they should be doing - trying to get the best deal for North.

Maric will leave and they can pick him up without much trouble.

I don't sweat the small stuff like this so I don't really care.

I am a little disappointed that we wasted Pick 21 but at this point it doesn't matter.

Anything we get for AM is a bonus.

• Like 1

North are obviously doing what they should be doing - trying to get the best deal for North.

Maric will leave and they can pick him up without much trouble.

I don't sweat the small stuff like this so I don't really care.

I am a little disappointed that we wasted Pick 21 but at this point it doesn't matter.

Anything we get for AM is a bonus.

Pretty much

Id take a thrid..or a swap of picks or something if only a minor gain.. ( almost just for the hell of it )

Delisted? Unless his work ethic just isn't up to it, or there are non-footy problems involved, why would we delist this bloke?

If Wonna doesn't return to his best, who plays the role of nimble crumber?

The thing is, we've been crying out for a crumbing forward and Maric still couldn't get a guernsey. Hopefully we can get something done.

The thing is, we've been crying out for a crumbing forward and Maric still couldn't get a guernsey. Hopefully we can get something done.

Fair call. I just think he's been dropped after decent performances and wonder whether a new coach might be exactly what he needs.

Of course, if he wants out, he wants out and there's definitely a question over whether his size is too much of a limitation.

• Like 1

I'd give him to Essendon to stick it up North.

For sure. Deal with another club if NM aren't willing to get a deal done. No need for MFC to even explain to Adam if NM are hoping to pick him up in the PSD.

If I was Adam I would be a bit put out about NM saying they like him to the extent of doing a medical but then being unwilling to trade for him.

Edited by diesel

A part of me (the MFCSS part) is saying "typical, not only will we not land anyone, but we'll get shafted as well!"

The other part is saying "I see him do one or two good things per game and then disappears. No biggy!"

Looks like we won't get the scrap value after all, then. Frankly I couldn't believe our luck that we were going to receive something for a player that would've just been delisted anyway - guess I shouldn't have believed it. Oh well.

There's a big chance that with all this bluster we'll walk away from trade week having done zero trades.

If a deal wasn't to get done with north I'd give him another crack with us. There were a few games where he showed some ability and it's not like being a crummer is a particularly easy position at Melbourne when you've got Jurrah as our key forward.

I'd also hold onto him just to spite the kangas who appeared to enter this with no intention of doing a deal but getting him in the draft.

North hold the whip hand - they know he'll be delisted - we've got to delist somebody. Same with Warnock to GC. They'll be able to pick them up with their last ND pick or even an RD pick. We don't want players back because we need list space and we don't want a late draft pick, beyond the 3rd round, that we'll never use. The only currency in both these deals is a pick upgrade into the 2nd round. Maric + 54 for 40. Warnock + 36 for 27 (or even 32) are the only deals in town that are of interest.

You're right old, and this reported deal from Emma Quayle may make it less likely that North will want to deal another draft pick for Maric:

Interesting little deal done today. Hawthorn's trading rookie Will Sierakowski to North Melb for pick 58. He'll go onto North's senior list.

24 minutes ago

So there goes North's third round pick. If they dealt 40 for Maric and 54, their picks would be around the 18, 54 and 76 mark, and they'd have picked up Maric and Sierakowski. Can't see that happening.