Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

If he does end up staying, I want to see the MFC launch an almighty attack on the media. I'd also love it if Scully didn't do one single interview about the whole thing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of Tom's choice like a man contemplating whether he should break up with his girlfriend - once you START to think about it, you've already gone.

Once you START to say, 'Well maybe I'll stay in this for another 6 months and then I'll go out and see what other tail is out there', you've already gone.

Once you START to think, 'Oh well I'll decide if I want to stay or go at the end of the year', you've already gone.

Once you START to think, 'I could go check out other girls and see what's out there and still come back to old trusty and just get on with life if I want to', you've already gone.

He's already gone.

GWS will throw the kitchen sink at him.

I don't think they have enough players up their sleeve to let hm say no.

If he does, as I expect him to, I'll be quite impressed with the young man.

I really can't fault him if he does decide to go.

I agree..if Ward is worth 800 large ( or at least they will pay that..lol ) then youd think young Toms a monty for a clear Mill per....and possibly some thing special in those Sydney versions of the brown paper bag. There will be 3rd party deals ( all ratified in this instance by teh AFL ) galore.

As GK quite correctly in this instance summises theyve ( gws) havent got quite all theyd hoped so that just leaves lots and lots of lollies for someone(s)

If as purported a prior offer was 5 mill over 5 , toud have to think theyve upped the ante again ?? No ? I think so. GWS need this to happen.

But then I seeriously question the voracity of any reality that this is the final offer.. I reckon that was months ago !!

maybe its a public sweetener...as a thankyou.

I think of Tom's choice like a man contemplating whether he should break up with his girlfriend - once you START to think about it, you've already gone.

Once you START to say, 'Well maybe I'll stay in this for another 6 months and then I'll go out and see what other tail is out there', you've already gone.

Once you START to think, 'Oh well I'll decide if I want to stay or go at the end of the year', you've already gone.

Once you START to think, 'I could go check out other girls and see what's out there and still come back to old trusty and just get on with life if I want to', you've already gone.

He's already gone.

But then she STARTS working out every day.

Then she STARTS giving great BJ's.

Then she inherits a fortune.

And you're all like, you know what, I think I'm gunna stay.

lol

This site without DA and Supermercado would be much less funny...

He's already gone.

Gold! Sculls is a virgin, hasn't even kissed a girl. He might not think like us men.

Well I think it's pretty safe to say now that Tom has not made a concrete decision on where he will be next year. Therefore, all the speculation about it being a "done deal" throughout the year from Ox, Ralph, Eddie etc was almost certainly a load of bollocks.

That's not to say he will be with us next year and these journos will claim to have been right all along if he takes the $$$ on offer.

This is exactly what I have been thinking.

If it wasn't already obvious, it should be clear now that Scully had never signed anything concrete with GWS, contrary to so many claims given by a whole host of sheep. If he HAD, he would surely have signed officially with GWS by now.

What decision comes in the imminent future cannot discount this fact. Scully was indeed telling the truth.

If scully gets a million a year, because he is a number 1 draft pick, and given he is a young player (these are 3 factors for compo picks)- melbourne will get pick 9, and then the compensation adjudicating panel will decide which pick towards the end of first round we would get.

I'm very happy with this result.

I agree..if Ward is worth 800 large ( or at least they will pay that..lol ) then youd think young Toms a monty for a clear Mill per....and possibly some thing special in those Sydney versions of the brown paper bag. There will be 3rd party deals ( all ratified in this instance by teh AFL ) galore.

As GK quite correctly in this instance summises theyve ( gws) havent got quite all theyd hoped so that just leaves lots and lots of lollies for someone(s)

If as purported a prior offer was 5 mill over 5 , toud have to think theyve upped the ante again ?? No ? I think so. GWS need this to happen.

But then I seeriously question the voracity of any reality that this is the final offer.. I reckon that was months ago !!

maybe its a public sweetener...as a thankyou.

So am I correct in assuming you are hinting that the most recent news article, where it is bascially saying that Scully hasn't signed with GWS, you are not agreeing with that, because you still believe all the other articles saying that he has signed, even though the man himself says he hasn't?

Sorry if I'm misreading your post.

Gold time to close the thread with this parting post

He's already gone.

Not at all...The alternative could be much much worse, there is no harm in tossing up a big decision.

I bet you have done it at least once.

6.There's the camp that think he will decide to stay. I reside in camp number 6.

And I. It is a nice place too, dare I say.

Credit to the kid if he walks away from what the GWS are offering, and unless it is made public from the MFC what it actually is that we are paying him, it is quite unfair to suggest that we are paying him way over the odds.What was Trengove's recent contract extension worth?

Very good point there billy. No-one on here aside from Wolfmother has any factual clue what the offers are. All we have heard is "reportedly", and even these figures have gone up and down like a yoyo. One minute it's 6mil, the next it's 5mil.

Happy? Yes ... but it would be tempered a little by the fact that I think he dragged this out unecessarily.More accurately I would be embarrassed that my analysis was so off key and would probably post some sort of apologetic mea culpa that will be howled down and laughed at by those who hold the opposing view to mine.My question to you then is ... will you, Rpfc and others feel similarly embarrassed when he leaves or will you let your ego get the better of you and steadfastly buy into the nonsense that he made his decision this week?I suspect it will be the latter.

Glad to hear you say that RR, and I believe it is a fair assessment. You won't be howled down by me.

I will be a little embarrassed if it is shown that he in "FACT" made the decision/signed early on, and then lied about that. If he decides to leave though, this does not equate an admission of guilt. I will still have no reason to disbelieve him. As a matter of fact, the longer this goes on, the more things are coming to light from both camps which point to him not having made the decision yet.

Just because you play in the West doesnt mean you will live there.

True, but there's no way known to man you would want to drive from the Eastern Suburbs to Blacktown each day. That'd drive anyone to drink!

I've got no idea what he'll do and it will be in the media before I know... My read is he wants to stay at Melbourne but I look at Ward who grew up next to Whitten Oval and was a bulldogs supporter his whole life and left because the offer was too good to refuse, I can't see how he could knock back the reported offer but I do know for fact the quoted figures of GWS and MFC are not even close to the real offers (they are smaller)

Thanks once again WM for the updates. It is nice to see someone put their balls on the line and state something as FACT, a word which has been largely ignored this year. To those of you questioning WM, fair enough as you don't know him, but there is nobody out there stating that the offers give are a FACT, only someone who actually knows Tom, has dinner with him from time to time, speaks to him on Boxing Day etc. The writing is on the wall, read it and it says "Tom Scully has not signed any deal yet, and now that the season is over he is giving the biggest decision in his life PROPER consideration, and will advise you all of the outcome of this decision in due course". Stay Tuned.....

the good places in Sydney are much better to live than anywhere in Melbourne.

Really??? Have you ever been to Sydney?

I'd rather live in Moe then anywhere in Sydney!

I've got no idea what he'll do and it will be in the media before I know...

My read is he wants to stay at Melbourne but I look at Ward who grew up next to Whitten Oval and was a bulldogs supporter his whole life and left because the offer was too good to refuse, I can't see how he could knock back the reported offer but I do know for fact the quoted figures of GWS and MFC are not even close to the real offers (they are smaller)

Callan Ward was an Essendon supporter growing up

If a journalist reports that a player or coach is talking to Melbourne and is interested we are all over it like a cheap suit but if it's in the negative they are all full of it and wouldn't know, amazing.

Journalists, like Real Estate Agents, don't have a reputation of being truthful but sometimes they get it right, in this case the have at least half the story, GWS were chasing him and for big $'s

Really??? Have you ever been to Sydney?

I'd rather live in Moe then anywhere in Sydney!

Well, it's patently obvious that you have also spent little or no time in Sydney yourself TD. Having lived in Melbourne for half of my life and Sydney for the other half, although I still prefer Melbourne, there are places up here that are unmatched by anywhere in Melbourne. It's a shame that this ridiculously unwarranted Sydney/Melbourne rivalry still exists in the minds of a few.

Well, it's patently obvious that you have also spent little or no time in Sydney yourself TD. Having lived in Melbourne for half of my life and Sydney for the other half, although I still prefer Melbourne, there are places up here that are unmatched by anywhere in Melbourne. It's a shame that this ridiculously unwarranted Sydney/Melbourne rivalry still exists in the minds of a few.

Only Sydney people think there is a 'rivalry' Melbourne people know that there is no competition.

If a journalist reports that a player or coach is talking to Melbourne and is interested we are all over it like a cheap suit but if it's in the negative they are all full of it and wouldn't know, amazing.Journalists, like Real Estate Agents, don't have a reputation of being truthful but sometimes they get it right, in this case the have at least half the story, GWS were chasing him and for big $'s

Ignorant denial of reality is all it is.

Yes the media beat stories up hell they even fabricate stories but they don't run them for 9 months without some sort of encouragement.

This Scully strategy is direct from the Judd text book on maximising your profile and getting every buck you can

His season ended 28th of August

Ten days to get on with it.

we are waiting for one reason

To maximise exposure and publicity for GWS and provide the appearance of consideration