Trades - 2011 By Hook or Crook

dee-luded

IMO we have to get past the Older generation at our Club Before we can truly move forward.

West Coast last Year, I think said they needed a small forward.

I have one for them, plus a rangy winer as well. If I could get Andrew Gaff, I'd give them Davey & Morton.

Any other offers for the T Table?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good in theory, Eagles don't play games at trade table and Gaff is contracted till end of 2012, unless you are prepared to give up Trengove then he will be still with WCE next season. Thats not to say we don't start approaching his agent early next season and put the come home factor into his head early. If he hasn't signed at seasons end hit WCE up at 2012 trade table

IMO we have to get past the Older generation at our Club Before we can truly move forward.

West Coast last Year, I think said they needed a small forward.

I have one for them, plus a rangy winer as well. If I could get Andrew Gaff, I'd give them Davey & Morton.

Any other offers for the T Table?

Gaff played well today but that was by far his best return for the year.

He has been the sub probably more than any other player in the league this year which shows he has struggled to hold a spot in their side albeit in his first year and in a top 4 or 5 side.

Morton was also taken at pick 4 and despite his schoolboy frame was able to put together some impressive performances in his first couple of years, I would say more so than Gaff.

Davey, aside from this year (which he has largely missed through injury) and probably last year ( where he was heavily tagged and offered little support from such a young team ) has been one of our most important players.

In other words, I would want to see a bit more from Gaff before we offered WC our 2007 pick 4 and one of our best midfielders. If the kid wants to get to us then I would want to talk but not for more than he is worth.

Gaff played well today but that was by far his best return for the year.

He has been the sub probably more than any other player in the league this year which shows he has struggled to hold a spot in their side albeit in his first year and in a top 4 or 5 side.

Morton was also taken at pick 4 and despite his schoolboy frame was able to put together some impressive performances in his first couple of years, I would say more so than Gaff.

Davey, aside from this year (which he has largely missed through injury) and probably last year ( where he was heavily tagged and offered little support from such a young team ) has been one of our most important players.

In other words, I would want to see a bit more from Gaff before we offered WC our 2007 pick 4 and one of our best midfielders. If the kid wants to get to us then I would want to talk but not for more than he is worth.

I would do this trade in a heartbeat.

West Coast won't though. Not even for two Daveys and two Mortons.

Davey is fortunate that he has another year to run on his contract because he's a borderline delisting on current output. Hasn't fired a shot for two years.

Morton's drop away in form is astounding. Hardly looks a fourth round draft pick, let alone a pick 4.

I definitely think Gaff is a target, would definitely have thoughts of going home and being a melbourne supporter could be persuaded. We'd have to give up a lot though.

Well Davey is contracted to 2013, and Morton is out now. So Morton would probably be on this years trade agenda.

Gaff would have had the regulation 2 Yr contract, so next year they'll be pressing him to extend. And it will be under the new players contracts reg's.

I think we've got to go all out to keep Building class into our mids, & if Gaff is not till next year we need to find one in this years trade table.

Salopek or Boak or someone of note. Time for us to start to get tougher with our dealings.

Go for it Melbourne!

I would do this trade in a heartbeat.

West Coast won't though. Not even for two Daveys and two Mortons.

Davey is fortunate that he has another year to run on his contract because he's a borderline delisting on current output. Hasn't fired a shot for two years.

Morton's drop away in form is astounding. Hardly looks a fourth round draft pick, let alone a pick 4.

Could be saying the same thing about gaff in a year or two.

Davey is in big rut at the moment and needs to find something but trade? Come on!

The guy wasn't offered a 4 year contract for nothing. He can play. How bout we chase some quality midfield talent to complement the skills we know Davey possesses and stop looking at speculative young players to trade our proven yet unsupported performers out for.

Davey is in big rut at the moment and needs to find something but trade? Come on!

The guy wasn't offered a 4 year contract for nothing. He can play. How bout we chase some quality midfield talent to complement the skills we know Davey possesses and stop looking at speculative young players to trade our proven yet unsupported performers out for.

Aaron Davey has to re-learn how to get his own ball and not rely on other team mates making him look good.

He seriously needs to pull his finger and lead from the front. Saying that he should be demoted along with Brad Green.

We have to clean the old attitude out. The fact he can play is why he has a trade Value.

Green is too old to trade and is well over 200 games so he has to stay.

But Davey won't play in any meaningful finals with us as he'll be approaching 29 Yrs @ the start of next 2012 season. So It could be to his advantage for him to grab a big payday or to go to a Top 4 team already playing Finals footy.

I'm looking at our list and seeing we won't be strong enough to push hard for Top 4, until 2014 onwards, we can still build to strengthen our weak points.

IMO we need to draft more young class,,, BUT Also, we need to try to grab a mature Mid of known Talent if one becomes available. I think we should trade hard for this mature Mid of strong body.

IMO anyone on our List over 28 Yrs should be considered with trade options.

Dangerfield is up for grabs this year and who we really need is Dawes.

Just for the rumour mill word is Bate has started to talk to Richmond. Sylvia isn't going anywhere and it sounds like Morton is pretty safe as well.

Just adding this in from the other thread -

Contracted to End of 2011

• Tom Scully

• Addam Maric

• Cale Morton

• Matthew Warnock

• Austin Wonaeamirri

• Joel Macdonald

• Jack Fitzpatrick

• Brad Green (Upgraded to Veterans List)

• Colin Sylvia

• Stefan Martin

Dangerfield is up for grabs this year and who we really need is Dawes.

Just for the rumour mill word is Bate has started to talk to Richmond. Sylvia isn't going anywhere and it sounds like Morton is pretty safe as well.

We've got tall forwards coming through. we don't need an expensive tall forward. A temp like a Mooney or Cornes if they were fit and could play 12 - 15 games a year for 2 years would be plenty.

Our Major weakness is still our Midfield. We lack tough hard players with real class.

I think we'll see McDonald next week for the first time.

I think we should target the Adelaide clubs for some mids:

Rory Sloane

Patrick Dangerfield

David Mackay

Robbie Gray

Steven Salopek

Travis Boak

Hamish Hartlett

Ben Jacobs (next year)

All of these players would be in our best 22 when fit and with the current state of SA football would not be beyond reach in my opinion.

I think we should target the Adelaide clubs for some mids:

Rory Sloane

Patrick Dangerfield

David Mackay

Robbie Gray

Steven Salopek

Travis Boak

Hamish Hartlett

Ben Jacobs (next year)

All of these players would be in our best 22 when fit and with the current state of SA football would not be beyond reach in my opinion.

I'd zero in on Boak. Exactly what we need.

I would seriously give up our first round pick for Rory Sloane!!! Kill me... But he will be a star. Tough as nails!

Or

Our first round pick and Morton for Gaff!!! Bennell could be sweetner...

If Scully does go to GWS, one of the compensation picks for Sloane. I am sure Todd Viney has an opinion on Adelaide's list.

Bate & a pick for Nahas. A real goer and game breaker! Weapon...

I would consider Davey trade too Essendon but is fraught with danger... Could lose Jurrah too! So no. Play him in a different role to get his mojo back.

Sylvia too Sydney for Sam Reid or there first rounder????

This might have just been the year we had to have. To many good player have just been so poor,maybe we got ahead of ourselfs or maybe the goings on at the club have effected the players. Some have to go but be carefull who we trade. we are just not that bad.

I sometimes wonder if posters really think about their "great" trade deals.

Clubs aren't stupid. There is a golden rule in the trade game...to get value you must give value. I know we did well with Brock and TJ deals but they were the exception not the normal.

A quality player with a great future like Gaff will demand equality on the other side. And a showbag of fringe, underperforming or deemed past it players is not going to clinch a clearly one sided deal. Not even if we gave Simon Godfrey as a sweetener.

To get someone like Boak we'd have to give up one of our best young players. Watts, Trengove etc.

We've got the guys we need in our side, we just need them playing their best footy in a structure that works for our group.

Trading away all of our talent is not the answer.

Sylvia and a pick if need be. Would that be enough?

I think if we look at unloading the likes of Bartram , Morton , Dunn etc then the likelyhood is we would get a collection of picks in return.

Its these picks which really , if we had too many in this draft would be of littel value but as currency to spice up a deal such as Sylvia to somewhere it might just tip a deal into the "doable"

OK,

So what we would be possibly looking to trade:

- Morton

- Warnock

- Bate

- Bartram

- Sylvia (if he wants out)

What we need:

- Leadership

- FF

- Top Class Midfielder

Apparently the saints will go pretty hard after Sylvia as he would compliment their team very well with another option up forward, so do we want from them?

Goddard - would have to give alot more then sylvia, but maybbe throw in Warnock and Davey and then they have have the outside pace, tall defender and another option up forward. I would take that trade and give him the captaincy.

Armitage and Archer/Lynch/Stanley for Sylvia - would we want that?

Sydney would also like sylvia, so what do we want?

Sam Reid - would we do a straight swap?

Hannebery?

Jack?

Jesse White + a mid for Sylvia?

Can we get anything from South Australia?

Thompson?

Dangerfield?

Boak?

Edited by daveytrain1

This might have just been the year we had to have. To many good player have just been so poor,maybe we got ahead of ourselfs or maybe the goings on at the club have effected the players. Some have to go but be carefull who we trade. we are just not that bad.

We need to keep the players who are 27 Yrs or under, with 5 seasons of top footy ahead of them, & are dyed in Red 'n' Blue.

Any who have less than 3 years left, we should shop around, except Green who'll be 31 yrs old, @ the start of next season. > We have 2 players who are of value that we can survive without.