FINALS

e25

Assuming we lose to West Coast, and then win the final 3 games (which is not a fait accompli, I understand), what will it take for us to make finals?

Basically from my assessment and looking at the Bailey Ladder Predictor on the AFL webiste, I think we are now relying on Essendon losing their last 3 games.

If that happens we'll make finals.

It's unlikely because they play Port at Etihad in that time.

If they win that game, I can't see a way we'll make finals, unless they take a pounding in their percentage (as we'll be on the same points as them).

Looks like no finals this year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also don't see any other way. But to be honest if we did happen to make finals i don't know how i'd feel about it. Are we deserving of a finals birth? Have we played well enough this year to be one of the "TOP" 8 teams?

I dont feel as if we have, and without the good draw that we received who knows where we'd be.

We Don't Deserve To Make The Finals......

It is an indictment on the competition if we do.

I do not believe we will make them and i do not believe the last three games are a foregone conclusion (ie WIN) like many do around here...

This team needs to learn how to be a hell of a lot more consistent and a hell of a lot harder before it should think about playing finals. I just want to see the boys work back into some form and confidence to get the mindset right for pre-season 2012.

Firstly, I'd say it would be pretty farcical if we were to make the finals... and yet it's still not beyond us.

There are five clubs still vying for 8th place and it seems like none of them want it. I've been using the Bailey ladder predictor each week, and each time I've come up with a different club taking that 8th place. I had Essendon this week and I think that's how it will stay.

If we lose next week... Essendon only need to win one more game (and they will at home against Port Adelaide) to scrape into the finals on 10.5 wins and a superior percentage. However, IF we beat West Coast next week and Essendon lose to Bulldogs, then we have every chance of making it.

Unfortunately, on current form. I'm not confident about any one of our last three games.

We're playing rubbish footy - we won't make finals. At the moment I reckon we'll go the rest of the season without a win.

Agree.

I agree with all the naysayers above, but wouldn't be something if we pinched the game of west coast (it is doable) and then beat our fellow minnows and fell into the finals. In a bizzare way it would sum us up.

very bizzare.

But have no fear we will not beat the Eagles.

And now the tigers and Gold coast are looking danger games.

Assuming we lose to West Coast, and then win the final 3 games (which is not a fait accompli, I understand), what will it take for us to make finals?

Basically from my assessment and looking at the Bailey Ladder Predictor on the AFL webiste, I think we are now relying on Essendon losing their last 3 games.

If that happens we'll make finals.

It's unlikely because they play Port at Etihad in that time.

If they win that game, I can't see a way we'll make finals, unless they take a pounding in their percentage (as we'll be on the same points as them).

Looks like no finals this year.

Whips, Hand Cuffs & Branding Irons! :lol:

If we did make it we would be absolutely POUNDED by the 5th side - either WCE in Perth, or Carlscum anywhere.

I'll take a catastrophe-free 2012 over a meaningless & deflating 8th in 2011.

I got the answer. Me as caretaker coach MKII. Tom Scully as the new captain. His father as the new CEO. e whatshisname and the chimp holding up the banner. We'll kick it six baby!

Edited by america de cali

I'm sick of this "we don't deserve it" rubbish. How I see it, no team deserves 8th spot for the way they have been throughout the whole season. A side sneaking in to the 8 happens virtually every year, it's just the nature of having half the teams making the finals.

For us to make it, we will need to win ALL remaining games. If we were to do that, it would mean we have to beat the Eagles (a Top 4 or 5 side) at Etihad (a place where we don't like). Would playing a month of our best footy mean we are deserved of a finals spot? Maybe, maybe not, but I can't see why regardless of our season, our own supporters wouldn't want us making the last 8.

From a development point of view, getting pantsed in the first final (which is likely should we make it) will only benefit the young guys. They will get to experience what finals footy is all about and know how much they have to lift in September.

That said, I don't think we will make it (based on current form). But a win this week would not shock me, then it will be game on.

Finals are finals, and if we made it, I reckon it would be fantastic!

It would be a really good lift to what has been a difficult year.

Many of the kids getting their first taste of finals action would only help their development, and it would be a shot in the arm of all involved with the club, especially Jimmy.

Another week of footy would be fantastic, another week in the media, and whatever financial benefit the club receives couldn't hurt.

If we win the required number of games, and make it, then we deserve it!

Stop thinking like losers, and start thinking like winners...........we are still in with a shot, and the players should be buoyed by the chance to make it.

With all the anomalies in the fixture, we are no less deserving than any other club to make it.

we wont finish any higher that 9th...and nor do we deserve to

Finals talk is a little premature.