The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/120866/default.aspx

just read this GWS already worried their young players will be lured by other clubs hope that happen and players leave GWS

At the end the resort is for only two years

"But Silvagni is hopeful the lure of on-field success will ultimately prove the club's biggest selling point when its 2011 draftees are falling out of contract and bigger dollars are on offer elsewhere.

"I think most players would take a grand final over money," he said.

"When they see that there is a real chance at playing in a grand final and being successful - that's what we play football for."

If they are looking for a grand final then I reckon the last place they'll find it would be in West Sydney.

I guess they think that the players they lure there for money will all of a sudden be more interested in team loyalty, yeah right.

"But Silvagni is hopeful the lure of on-field success will ultimately prove the club's biggest selling point when its 2011 draftees are falling out of contract and bigger dollars are on offer elsewhere.

"I think most players would take a grand final over money," he said.

"When they see that there is a real chance at playing in a grand final and being successful - that's what we play football for."

If they are looking for a grand final then I reckon the last place they'll find it would be in West Sydney.

I guess they think that the players they lure there for money will all of a sudden be more interested in team loyalty, yeah right.

Hahahaha, nice pick up there Robbie. If that is truly what he believes, then he mustn't be too confident about stealing Scully. And, as you said, if Scully does go for the dough, what would make it different in 5 years time?

And the last line about "surrounding its talented youngsters with harder-bodied veterans" seems to fly in the face of all the allegations regarding who they are targeting and recruiting. I cannot see Scully or Ward as harder-bodied veterans just yet.

Edited by Kento80

Hahahaha, nice pick up there Robbie. If that is truly what he believes, then he mustn't be too confident about stealing Scully. And, as you said, if Scully does go for the dough, what would make it different in 5 years time?

And the last line about "surrounding its talented youngsters with harder-bodied veterans" seems to fly in the face of all the allegations regarding who they are targeting and recruiting. I cannot see Scully or Wood as harder-bodied veterans just yet.

im assuming you mean Ward?

im assuming you mean Ward?

Fair call, should wait a while after waking up before I take to the computer ! :lol: Edit made.

Guest The Tweed Pig

While I can I'm going to give my final take on the matter.

For months and months I took Scully at his word and thought that he was likely to stay. He'll be well remunerated at Melbourne, the club have treated him well, he knows plenty of players from Vic Metro days, and most players are more interested in premiership success than money, especially when they're being well paid anyway.

A few weeks ago I started to shift my beliefs. Not that I'd decided that he wasn't completely candid earlier in the year and not that he'd already signed with GWS, but that he was likely to. My reason being that there wasn't any logical reason not to make a decision now, even though he and his management had been consistent that he'd decide at year's end. The heavy media focus, his teammates being constantly asked to defend his honour, the club having been unsuccessful in efforts to bring contract negotiations forward, and the belief that it was more difficult to focus on his footy with the on-going distractions. And no matter how others try to paint it, it is definitely an unwanted distraction for Scully and the club as a whole.

The recent sagas involving the coach and footy admin have given me a better understanding as to why he may not have agreed to stay. Before I saw no reason not to, unless he was going, but at least now I can accept that there may have been legitimate reasons not to commit to the MFC due to major off-field concerns.

In reality, like everyone else, I'm none the wiser. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if he stays and I won't be surprised if he goes. And tbh, I'm not that fussed either way, although I'd definitely prefer him to stay.

Edited by The Tweed Pig

Scully is buy all reports Gone. So if he is its time we stopped Kidding ourselves

The kid has every right to go after the money.

However unfortunately for him this will determine how he is viewed for the rest of his career . Basically he has his price everyone will know it and Loyalty is not one of his strong point s

Though I at first didnt care as long as Melbourne was to be appropriatly compensated I didnt have a real problem with this.

However the more I read the less possible it looks

The AFL would sell not only their mother and their grandmother but also the grandmother mother

Also it will also be a way of punishing Melbourne for Deans little indescression regarding Melbourne and Tanking .

Dont think it wasnt calculated what Dean said. Think about it he could have answered as he always had when asked that question, this time he chose not to. A nice little barb, pay back is a Bisshh

Especially when Compensation for Scully is on the table and the AFL is to determine what Melbourne gets. Dont think the AFL wont apportion a certain amount of blame for this towards the MFC

Call me a cynic if you like but Melbourne looks like their in for a large amount of pain for little gain and we all know who those responsible will be.

While I can I'm going to give my final take on the matter.

For months and months I took Scully at his word and thought that he was likely to stay. He'll be well remunerated at Melbourne, the club have treated him well, he knows plenty of players from Vic Metro days, and most players are more interested in premiership success than money, especially when they're being well paid anyway.

A few weeks ago I started to shift my beliefs. Not that I'd decided that he wasn't completely candid earlier in the year and not that he'd already signed with GWS, but that he was likely to. My reason being that there wasn't any logical reason not to make a decision now, even though he and his management had been consistent that he'd decide at year's end. The heavy media focus, his teammates being constantly asked to defend his honour, the club having been unsuccessful in efforts to bring contract negotiations forward, and the belief that it was more difficult to focus on his footy with the on-going distractions. And no matter how others try to paint it, it is definitely an unwanted distraction for Scully and the club as a whole.

The recent sagas involving the coach and footy admin have given me a better understanding as to why he may not have agreed to stay. Before I saw no reason not to, unless he was going, but at least now I can accept that there may have been legitimate reasons not to commit to the MFC due to major off-field concerns.

In reality, like everyone else, I'm none the wiser. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if he stays and I won't be surprised if he goes. And tbh, I'm not that fussed either way, although I'd definitely prefer him to stay.

You've summed up my thoughts as well. Although it's got to the point where personally I'd be genuinely surprised if did re-sign. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

Edited by Sylvia Saint

Chatting to the sources today, Scully still making his mind up but it is really starting to affect him mentally a lot more now.

Said this as part of my reply on the positives thread that he is playing like someone who has the weight of the world on his shoulders, either the decision talk is getting to him or he just wants to tell someone at the club he is gone. Why do you think Eddie deflected the attention away from his boys so early in the season no matter what we say it has affected the club this year

Chatting to the sources today, Scully still making his mind up but it is really starting to affect him mentally a lot more now.

he's gone and judging by the way he's played this year who cares, he is totally overrated and if we can get 2 picks for him all's good I reckon.

Mate are you serious about this sources thing

I have to say Tom Scully played his arse off in the last quarter for demons maybe he already made up his mind :)

Oh poor baby, his lack of decisiveness is tough on him, is it?

It's tough on the rest of the club too. He just needs to sort it out, FFS he's had almost two years to work out if he wants to play for this club or if money is more important.

It didn't seem a tough choice for Trengove. Why can't everyone be as cool as Trengove? B)

he's gone and judging by the way he's played this year who cares, he is totally overrated and if we can get 2 picks for him all's good I reckon.

I'm amazed there are replies such as this. Perhaps I shouldn't be...

I'm amazed there are replies such as this. Perhaps I shouldn't be...

You shouldn't be... it is simply typical of someone in denial to direct their anger at the source of their grief.

http://demonland.com...post__p__470436

">My link

Go listen ;)

edit what he said ^^^^^^^

:)

Edited by belzebub59

I'm not sure why you all keep beating yourselves up about Tom Scully.

I love reading some of the passionate posts to do with all things footy and MFC on here from the fellow supporters, however don't let the inuendo and BS get you down. Some of you are like a little kid shaking and rubbing a wrapped box trying to fiqure out what Santa bought you for xmas, throwing out positive negatives to shape the thing into something that makes you feel better. If he goes so be it, if he stays great.

But think of what it would be like for him, a second year player having an offer like that reported put to him, add to that all the talk of him being a liar and all the other crap reported with it over the year, if you really think that it is Tom doing all of this then you are sadly mistaken!

At the end of the year what will be will be and none of us can change that!

Go Dees!

There were a couples of morons near where I was sitting booing Scully everytime he touched the ball. Hope these scum never show up to a Melbourne game again.

That is disgraceful!

The way I see it....How is Scully any different to Trengove, Tapscott, Gawn, Gysberts etc who have all signed this year? It's because he'll be at GWS next year.

These guys dont have the offer in front of them, thats the big difference

Not saying they dont deserve such offers but they wont have them atm imo

Also Trengove is all class, and has leader written all over him, if they are targeting Scully he wont have been offered anything until next year, i doubt GWS thought he would sign so early etc

The other difference between Scully and Trengove is that Scully is set in his ways imo, if he says he will do something, he will do it, he said he would wait till the season is over and he is, thats it