Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Harden up Dees!!!!!

Dee1987

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but wefailed badly at centre breaks & keeping the ball in our inside 50 long enuf

As much as some of our faithful aren't fully supporting the likes of Dunn and Bate at least those two are developed bodies who contest potentially up forward who can keep it there momentarily for the swoopers. If you think young small bodied guys on there own can produce the goods week in week out then your as dillusional as our selection committee. There's nothing wrong with pinch hitters like bate every 2~3 weeks to give some young and nimble bodies a rest. I said jurrah 3 wks ago needed a break and I still stand by that

I think on these smaller tighter grounds you're spot on. Need to bust a few packs with bigger bods up forward, crumb off them (bennell/Howe/Evans/Maric) and maintain the forward structure instead of every smaller bodied player leading out wide or bombing it on their heads from outside 50 where the spill and the ball is crumbed by the opposition and run easily out of our 50. Lack of any i50 pressure doesn't help matters though!

Resting Jurrah is a definite must on these smaller grounds. Or alternatively he needs to be rotated off the bench and asked to play through the guts (and occasionaly push forward) as we did with him very late (too late!!...game was well and truly over). I would ask this of him more often regardless of the ground too. He's a big downhill skier at present and shows little interest in pressuring his opponent once he loses the ball in most cases. HUGE liability in this regard when he's off like tonight which is far too regular atm. And i'm not just talking liability physically pressure wise. As a team mate seeing this you'd have to be rocked and pretty [censored] that he's allowed to play like this most weeks and yet keeps getting a game week after week. And this is more a criticism of the FD rather than Jurrah. His lack of defensive improvement up forward is a blight on them to some degree as well.

Also, listening to Davey tonight, looks like Wanna has gone on a permanent walkabout. He hasn't heard from him (nor has anyone in the Club apparently) for 2 weeks now :rolleyes:

Edited by Rusty Nails

You let the memory of Wighty down badly tonight boys, hang your heads!

I'm pretty disgusted with that effort. It was shameful! Coaches had no idea either..............again.

Jayzus that was *%&@^# !!!!!!!!! We are simply the laughing stock.

This ^^^^^

very disapointing. and what is the go with our players doing interviews during the game and during play?? hate it concentrate on getting the pill and on the game please!! club should can it very quickly....

Not only happening to us, but has been going on in other games, and other codes.....

I'm not a fan but not necessarily the players fault here.

I actually think we looked knackered from early on. Three six day breaks will take its toll. I hate Darklands and we don't play it well but we had no zip from halfway through the first quarter. We also looked too young and too small. I've decided not to lose any sleep over this game. We were always going to have trouble here. Virtually no winner apart from Petterd. People need to remember that young teams get blown away. Those who say they are sick of excuses are freakin' stupid! Just remember these names.

Nicholson

Howe

Blease

Watts

McKenzie

Scully

trengove

Strauss

Gysberts

We are expecting some of these guys to be our core mids week after week. We definitely looked smaller in physical contests and when things don't go our way we are going to suffer this year. I don't expect to make the final eight.

well said

well said

+1

Ppl need to realise this is what you get with a young team. Don't get caught up in the emotion and riding the performances week in week out as you will be disappointed. Bigger picture view required here which is not easy for many here to do.

I siad iwas not going to lose sleep over this one. In fact, I had a rotten, tense, broken sleep and fell really shyte about it.

I'll raise you having a crap sleep then having to go into the office this morning to finish off work I didn't have time to do yesterday because I had to leave early to go to the game. That is what I call epic fail.

I agree with whoever said a while ago that this team gives us nothing. Short lived, soft wins and badly fought-out embarrassing losses.

And on the coaches - what is the deal with telling every man and his dog how we were going to play tonight? I think I saw at least three articles in the last couple of days telling the world we were going to try and play the boundary and not go through the corridor. All the Dogs had to do was corner us onto one flank and either wait for us to handball in circles and turn it over or just bomb it up the lines to a contest which we inevitably lost.

I agree. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by revealing strategies pre match or during the game, no matter how basic/disguised we might try to dress them as. Bailes was interviewed on SEN just before the game. Dermie asked "Now you see tackling tonight as a big part of how to break down the Doggies quick ball use/run & carry yeh?" (or something to that effect). Bailes' response.... "not tackling as such, more the inferred pressure on the ball carrier, followed up with tackling where we can get to them" (or something to that effect). And to me that's how they played. Second to the ball, chasing all night, apparently trying to place some "inferred pressure" on the ball carrier. Wouldve been joy to Rodney's ears that comment (if he or someone was listening at that late stage which i doubt). But still. Why give it?

And these nonsense interviews of players during the actual game on the boundary. What a load of crap. Can only play into the oppositions hands and take our boys' focus off what they should be doing surely.

Neil Balme when asked why the Cats don't do this during the week on KB's show, said he sees no good reason in doing this. Nothing to be gained and just laughed whenever anyone kept pressing him on the potential benefits. Now, when the most successful club in recent times isn't doing it, why the hell are we? We know better?

:rolleyes:

Jimma/MFC/FD (someone!!!) needs to put a stop to this rubbish immediately.

I'll raise you having a crap sleep then having to go into the office this morning to finish off work I didn't have time to do yesterday because I had to leave early to go to the game. That is what I call epic fail.

I agree with whoever said a while ago that this team gives us nothing. Short lived, soft wins and badly fought-out embarrassing losses.

I'll raise you all that with having to come in to the office to start work at 8AM, and end up spending half my morning deleting ridiculously abusive posts on Demonland.

I'll raise you all that with having to come in to the office to start work at 8AM, and end up spending half my morning deleting ridiculously abusive posts on Demonland.

I see your raise and call you.

Look at the Bulldogs side. Finals experience accross the board with a sprinkle of further youth that blended in. Their senior players played well and Hudson played really well on both Jamar and Martin. We lost that battle. We got beaten in most contests from stoppages and gave too much free reign to Griffen, Cooney and Giansiracusa.

Disappointed as any.

Yeah we were very disappointing again on Prime time TV but your spot on with the Dogs side .

Sure they haven't had a good year so far but are very seasoned and by rights should be around the top4.

Problem for them , like us , are a club with mental issues .

At least you get paid to work on a Saturday and read this delightful forum post-loss.

I'm just sitting here waiting for reports to download, but the server is having a meltdown. Must be shitty doing unpaid overtime, like me.

Got sucked in badly by this promotion. Why didn't GWS try to poach me? WHY?! :lol:

Guest Artie Bucco

I wouldn't underestimate the effect of Sean Wight's passing.

The emotional drain of the desire to play well for a departed club figure can often have an adverse effect, and it looked to me like most were spent before they stepped on the field.

The effect is magnified for kids who've not had to deal with this sort of thong before.

Not trying to make excuses, just offering plausible explanations that are much better than just the tedious oft-repeated and uninsightful "we are crap, crap coach, crap players."

I wouldn't underestimate the effect of Sean Wight's passing.

The emotional drain of the desire to play well for a departed club figure can often have an adverse effect, and it looked to me like most were spent before they stepped on the field.

The effect is magnified for kids who've not had to deal with this sort of thong before.

Not trying to make excuses, just offering plausible explanations that are much better than just the tedious oft-repeated and uninsightful "we are crap, crap coach, crap players."

"it looked to me like most were spent before they stepped on the field."

How could you possibly ascertain that?

They did look & play without any Mojo. They played like they were drained. Tiredness X low selfbelief can do this to a sportsman.

If you have 4 or 6 players like this, your gone.

Guest Artie Bucco

Well, I thought it was pretty obvious what I was saying, but I think the players were mentally and emotionally drained from the build up and the 'need' to win it for Sean Wight.

It wouldn't be the first time a side has failed under such an emotional burden.

Especially a young side that has not encountered this situation before.

I obviously have assumed this from what we saw on Friday, rather than ascertained it, but it is hardly unlikely.

Well, I thought it was pretty obvious what I was saying, but I think the players were mentally and emotionally drained from the build up and the 'need' to win it for Sean Wight.

It wouldn't be the first time a side has failed under such an emotional burden.

Especially a young side that has not encountered this situation before.

I obviously have assumed this from what we saw on Friday, rather than ascertained it, but it is hardly unlikely.

What Burden were the players under?? Apart from watching a video, they would have hardly known Sean Wight.

Not an excuse at all Artie, sorry won't buy it.

The application of the players was ok, i think from watching the game on TV we were out coached by the Eade Box.

Who the hell was on Cooney??

i think moreso they smashed us at clearances all night, our young mids were outmuscled by a gun midfield who nearly made the GF last year. not a great night but lets think longer term - we have a young team that can play well but wont against the older midfields ie dogs and pies until next year at least.

I wonder whether three 6 day breaks in a row was a reason for their insipid effort?

If so they should have planned better with resting players etc.

For god sake Most of the team is less than 22.

We were just out played by a better side.

We keep looking for excuses

the majority of the current players are not good enough to compete with the top teams.

We have 7 - 8 good players and then a lot of average players.

Simply not good enough against the better sides.

Why else do we get badly beaten by the top sides.

I wonder whether three 6 day breaks in a row was a reason for their insipid effort?

If so they should have planned better with resting players etc.

I think they were spent from the 18 day roll over and Bails bizarre decision to make that a talking point in the lead up. the silent message to the players was you will be tired this week so we dont expect much.

Poor atmospherics.

i think moreso they smashed us at clearances all night, our young mids were outmuscled by a gun midfield who nearly made the GF last year. not a great night but lets think longer term - we have a young team that can play well but wont against the older midfields ie dogs and pies until next year at least.

Agree.

I don't buy into the view they were tired from 3 x 6 day turnovers between games in a row. They had a light week and mentally they were right to go. The FD were aware and planned accordingly. They were simply outgunned by their opposition where it mattered. Their cream in Griffen and Cooney had their best games for the season (definitely Cooney) and this complimented their hardness and efficiency at stoppages with Hudson on top, Boyd, Cross & Picken playing a good negating role. Whilst we had our share at the stoppages we were no where near as efficient and did not punish on the scoreboard as they did. Beaten by experience where it counted and leadership.