• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Harden up Dees!!!!!

Dee1987

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest milpod

We will see in the second half if the kids can handle adversity, hang tough and manufacture a win.

While it's beyond frustrating being beaten by a team worth nothing.The future is nigh.

This is getting ridiculous. Have never seen a bigger bunch of front runners in my life. We can all sit here and say the future is coming, bla bla...but there needs to be a serious mental shift amongst this group if they are going to go the highest level and win a flag in the next 5 or 6 years. Their natural progression will only take them so far.

Guest 36DD

They disgraced the club tonight. Something is seriously wrong if they cant get up for a match like that.

Passing of club legend in tragic circumstances during the week.

Opportunity to break a 10 game losing streak at Etihad.

Continue the push for a finals berth.

On national TV.

Yet you could tell in the first 5 minutes that they didn't bring it tonight.

Grimes can talk all he likes about being able to play if we make the finals, put your feet up son, we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.

They disgraced the club tonight. Something is seriously wrong if they cant get up for a match like that.

Passing of club legend in tragic circumstances during the week.

Opportunity to break a 10 game losing streak at Etihad.

Continue the push for a finals birth.

On national TV.

Yet you could tell in the first 5 minutes that they didn't bring it tonight.

Grimes can talk all he likes about being able to play if we make the finals, put your feet up son, we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.

Yep, we don't deserve to play finals this year. If we manage to sneak into 7th or 8th on the back of a cushy draw, it will do nothing but send a bad message to the group that this kind of season is acceptable. This year has been every bit as, and possibly even more, as disappointing as the last few, where we were at least a rubbish team having a dip, compared to this year where we are an average to decent team deciding to play only when the opposition lets us.

I actually think we looked knackered from early on. Three six day breaks will take its toll. I hate Darklands and we don't play it well but we had no zip from halfway through the first quarter. We also looked too young and too small. I've decided not to lose any sleep over this game. We were always going to have trouble here. Virtually no winner apart from Petterd. People need to remember that young teams get blown away. Those who say they are sick of excuses are freakin' stupid! Just remember these names.

Nicholson

Howe

Blease

Watts

McKenzie

Scully

trengove

Strauss

Gysberts

We are expecting some of these guys to be our core mids week after week. We definitely looked smaller in physical contests and when things don't go our way we are going to suffer this year. I don't expect to make the final eight.

You let the memory of Wighty down badly tonight boys, hang your heads!

I'm pretty disgusted with that effort. It was shameful! Coaches had no idea either..............again.

Jayzus that was *%&@^# !!!!!!!!! We are simply the laughing stock.

Very disappointed but thought we would struggle to get up - we had a pretty tough game last week and were knackered in the last quarter against the Tiges, we could barely raise a trot - Bulldogs had a cushy win against Gold Coast. Not to mention half our team have played only around 20 games. Still gutted and the effort was not good enough.

Don't even get me started on the umps. At least 3 goals just handed to them on a platter. Yes the Dogs outplayed us on every line but that just guts the team.

Not to mention our relatively easy misses. 3rd quarter Green and Sylvia miss gettable shots to bring the margin to around 20 points. They take it down and kick a goal and the margin's back out to 33 points.

I actually think we looked knackered from early on. Three six day breaks will take its toll. I hate Darklands and we don't play it well but we had no zip from halfway through the first quarter. We also looked too young and too small. I've decided not to lose any sleep over this game. We were always going to have trouble here. Virtually no winner apart from Petterd. People need to remember that young teams get blown away. Those who say they are sick of excuses are freakin' stupid! Just remember these names.

Nicholson

Howe

Blease

Watts

McKenzie

Scully

trengove

Strauss

Gysberts

We are expecting some of these guys to be our core mids week after week. We definitely looked smaller in physical contests and when things don't go our way we are going to suffer this year. I don't expect to make the final eight. To all the doomsayers, F%%K OFF!

I don't think people are expecting to just rock up and take the 4 points tonight. I personally thought this would game would be a tough one to win, but to give up yet again when things are going against us is poor. Hardly doomsaying...and to say f&%k off is a bit uncalled for and even offensive.

And on the coaches - what is the deal with telling every man and his dog how we were going to play tonight? I think I saw at least three articles in the last couple of days telling the world we were going to try and play the boundary and not go through the corridor. All the Dogs had to do was corner us onto one flank and either wait for us to handball in circles and turn it over or just bomb it up the lines to a contest which we inevitably lost.

All these Bulls*it excuses have nothing to do with the fact that last week we actually showed up and cared and this week we did not!!!!

Still looking for an excuse? Well please explain this for me:

Last week 34 Inside 50 tackles...... THIS WEEK 3!!!!! FOR THE WHOLE TEAM!!!!

This has nothing to do with age or games played or stadium or 6 day breaks.

It is a lack of pride and respect for the club and its supporters.

Just when you think Melbourne can't disappoint you any more they come out with that insipid effort. That was embarrassing and some of the players looked as if they didn't even care.

Bulldogs were too slick,too fast, too skilled, they out marked us they out bustled us they made us look third rate. We were playing behind all night and even when we got in front they out marked us. They looked like they really wanted to win and we looked like we couldn't wait for the game to finish.

Sorry but wefailed badly at centre breaks & keeping the ball in our inside 50 long enuf

As much as some of our faithful aren't fully supporting the likes of Dunn and Bate at least those two are developed bodies who contest potentially up forward who can keep it there momentarily for the swoopers. If you think young small bodied guys on there own can produce the goods week in week out then your as dillusional as our selection committee. There's nothing wrong with pinch hitters like bate every 2~3 weeks to give some young and nimble bodies a rest. I said jurrah 3 wks ago needed a break and I still stand by that

I don't think people are expecting to just rock up and take the 4 points tonight. I personally thought this would game would be a tough one to win, but to give up yet again when things are going against us is poor. Hardly doomsaying...and to say f&%k off is a bit uncalled for and even offensive.

My apologies. I just get sick of the idea that we are soft and have no backbone. I do think we are slowly weeding out the downhill skiers but it will take time. McKenzie, Scully, Trenners etc. would not take this loss lightly. The thing that really struck me was the comment (I think by Tom Harley, but I can't be sure) that we are relying on individual brilliance rather than teamwork. This has been part of our team culture for to long. IMO it goes right back to people like Robbo and even The Ox before him. The idea that heroic efforts can save the day. They are fantastic but only work when they are on top of teamwork. Anyway, I am rambling through frustration and disappointment. I did really want to win this game tonight.

Yep, we don't deserve to play finals this year. If we manage to sneak into 7th or 8th on the back of a cushy draw, it will do nothing but send a bad message to the group that this kind of season is acceptable. This year has been every bit as, and possibly even more, as disappointing as the last few, where we were at least a rubbish team having a dip, compared to this year where we are an average to decent team deciding to play only when the opposition lets us.

Couldn't agree with you more.

My apologies. I just get sick of the idea that we are soft and have no backbone. I do think we are slowly weeding out the downhill skiers but it will take time. McKenzie, Scully, Trenners etc. would not take this loss lightly. The thing that really struck me was the comment (I think by Tom Harley, but I can't be sure) that we are relying on individual brilliance rather than teamwork. This has been part of our team culture for to long. IMO it goes right back to people like Robbo and even The Ox before him. The idea that heroic efforts can save the day. They are fantastic but only work when they are on top of teamwork. Anyway, I am rambling through frustration and disappointment. I did really want to win this game tonight.

Not rambling mate you are spot on. Last week we caned the Tigers in close because of our teamwork. Why this team feels they can rest on their laurels has me bemused.

Just when you think Melbourne can't disappoint you any more they come out with that insipid effort. That was embarrassing and some of the players looked as if they didn't even care.

Bulldogs were too slick,too fast, too skilled, they out marked us they out bustled us they made us look third rate. We were playing behind all night and even when we got in front they out marked us. They looked like they really wanted to win and we looked like we couldn't wait for the game to finish.

Agree. I'll add that I thought our leaders didn't stand up enough in terms of leadership. Moloney gave some resistance at stoppages, but in the main we were beaten by what seemed a stronger side, somewhat fresher side with run and power. I was disappointed in the lack of support by teammates for Scully all night. I saw Petterd late come to support in the last , but the game was well and truly over. Statements need to be made early. Intentions need to be made. Sylvia, Jones, Green , Rivers, Jamar, - I'm struggling to find other senior players that come to mind - probably because we have such a young side. But we need these guys to play well to do well and suck the youngsters along with confidence.

Look at the Bulldogs side. Finals experience accross the board with a sprinkle of further youth that blended in. Their senior players played well and Hudson played really well on both Jamar and Martin. We lost that battle. We got beaten in most contests from stoppages and gave too much free reign to Griffen, Cooney and Giansiracusa.

Disappointed as any.

Agreed entirely . Don't know how Giansiracusa gets a kick but he did well tonight .Jamar and Martin got held and wrestled out of first use and nearly every bounce got to them first .Scott West where were you?

Good point.

Last week we played as a team - even if there were some very good individual contributions. It was close to our best win of the year. This was an important game against a side (The Tiges) who are at a similar stage in their development - so we had an obvious reason to work collectively.

Tonight we were walloped by the Doggies. We got carried away with beating Richmond and a very under manned and playing in Melbourne, Freo. The Doggies had strength tonight and came to win.We seemed to come along thinking - without knowing how - this would be a walk up start to a win. We had been lauded in the media as "back on track". We don't just need to believe that, we need to show it. We didn't. So a couple of standout moments, from individuals is all we have to show for our effort. At least we did have some - against the Maggies, we had nothing !

If we get dumped out of the 8 after this weekend, so be it.

If we don't learn from tonight to be there for each other and not the "highlights reel" ...is that all there is?

Edited by BangkokDemon

Agree HT re Scully. Pathetic effort from our 'hard-nuts' in Jones and Moloney.

I felt sorry for Tom, they didn't once help him out.

I think the "hard nuts" you talk about had their own troubles tonight and therefore were not there for Scully.

He has to learn how to negate this close tagging. Otherwise, we'll have another Davey (particularly this year) to deal with. If he's to be the "class act" we believe he is, he'll learn to deal with it.