C: Trengove, McKenzie, Jones

HF: Petterd, Watts, Sylvia

FF: Howe, Jamar, Green

FOLL: Martin Moloney, Scully

INT: Gysberts Morton, Nicholson

SUB: Jurrah

EMERG: Blease, Gawn, Maric

Gawn in for garland, stef to backline

blease named emergency for last few good performances, morton, strauss, nicholson all need super games to keep him out soon

jurrah as sub, to try and wake him up, could be amazing coming on through 3rd quarter, dont think tigers would have an answer for him.

Jamar to play 60/40 forward/ruck, let him trry and take a few grabs over the undersized richmond defense

Frawley vs Reiwoldt

Scully, Jordie Mac and Trengove vs Martin Deledio and Cotchin

Our midfield is better than theirs, sylvia and moloney will thrive against their solid, but still very young onballers

Jack Watts to continue his good form, would love to see him getting closer to the goals each week, a bag isnt far away

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our midfield is better than theirs, sylvia and moloney will thrive against their solid, but still very young onballers

I disagree, you have to remember Foley is a class player and Jackson will most likely got to Moloney and curb his influence. If we shut down Cotchin and Martin and they shut down Moloney we need Scully, Sylvia, Trengove, Jones and Morton to beat their opponents - likely Foley, Houli, Grigg, Edwards.

The advantage we should have is in the ruck with Jamar against Browne, and Martin backing up against Miller or Vickery. Hopefully Jamar and Martin can really wear Browne down and force Vickery into the ruck, thus taking away a danger man up forward.

In: Jamar, Gysberts, Dunn

Out: Gawn, Morton, Strauss

Notes:

• Gysberts to be the sub given he was out last week.

• Tapscott needs a week in the VFL when he gets right.

• Dunn to play on Deledio. Dunn is above Morton in my eyes. While Dunn does not get enough of the ball, he makes less simple skill errors than Morton.

• Strauss has improved this year, but he is still well outside my best team. I think with Bartram, Nicholson and Bennell (plus Joel MacDonald and Garland if necessary) we have enough small defenders to cover Richmond’s small forwards.

• While Bartram was hopeless last week I think he has enough credits in the bank to stay in the side. He should play on Dustin Martin when he goes forward.

• Jamar for Gawn (who has already shown he will be a good player next year) as three ruckmen is one too many.

• Jurrah is one of a handful of players in the AFL that can win a game off their own boot, so he has to play.

Blease may be close to selection this week

IN: Jamar, Blease, Gysberts

OUT: Gawn, Bennell, Bartram

Please not Dunn. We already know he's not upto it.

In: Jamar, Gysberts, Dunn

Out: Gawn, Morton, Strauss

Notes:

• Dunn to play on Deledio. Dunn is above Morton in my eyes. While Dunn does not get enough of the ball, he makes less simple skill errors than Morton.

I would prefer to see Morton improve incrementally as he is than do this dance again with Lyndon.

I would prefer to see Morton improve incrementally as he is than do this dance again with Lyndon.

Same here.

Add me to this thought as well......

Guest Artie Bucco

Lose a ruckman and 2 defenders... and replace them with a ruckman, a mid and a HFF?

Not sure that balance will be maintained.

I agree, if Dunn spent less time filming Carlton Draught advertisements we might be able to extract something...

have no idea why people are dropping bartram, yes he turns it over a bit, but his role to the side is critical.. his role on nahas or whoever they go with small up front is vitally important to our chances of winning, a small foward hasn't carved us up for a long time.

In: Jamar, Gysberts

Out: Bennell, Gawn

Sub: Nicholson/Gysberts, either will do

Troll surely?

What has he done to deserve a game? He is total deadwood now and, barring a miracle, will be first to go come seasons end.

Possibly based on the fact that he kicked five against them last time and kept a dangerous opponent in check. That, and the fact that he would come into the game motivated knowing he's perhaps on his last chance.

Who to leave out for him though?

Possibly based on the fact that he kicked five against them last time and kept a dangerous opponent in check. That, and the fact that he would come into the game motivated knowing he's perhaps on his last chance.

Who to leave out for him though?

Does he get a game ahead of:

Watts - no

Green - 5 goals last week says no

Howe - no chance

Jurrah - LJ has been struggling, but it would be a big call

Petterd - Ricky's VFL was as good as Dunn's and he more than played his role last week

Call me crazy but I still think Dunn can be a useful player, but he has to replace one of these guys or wait for injury. He also has to get back to full fitness and be part of the midfield rotation like Petterd is doing. Part of this is our fault I think, after his impressive performances late last year we tried to make him into a big strong forward, when really he needs mobility to impact games.

Part of this is our fault I think, after his impressive performances late last year we tried to make him into a big strong forward, when really he needs mobility to impact games.

Gee if you listen to all the experts on D'land they howled for years that MFC were stuffing Dunn as a forward because they tried to make him a midfielder tagger.

Every time I look at Howe alongside Green, Jurrah, Watts, Petterd and perform like he does I struggle to see how Dunn/Bate get a look in outside of injury.

Haha mate you should change your name to blind bambi cos you have no idea!

Bartram - Bailey will NOT drop him, you are dreaming

Warnock - While I agree he's not in our best 22, calling him a spud is just plain ignorant

Morton - Outclassed his opponent?! He just wandered around by himself on the wing staying clear of the contest

Strauss - I like him, but to bag out Bartrams disposal and not mention Strauss' shows your bias

Jurrah - Not working hard enough, will stay in but another week "on the verge" without more effort and he's back to Casey

Haha who's the bambi now?

I think Bartram has been dropped because if you're a defender and you turn the ball over 4 times a game, against a decent side, you will get 4 goals kicked against you. And that makes you a massive liability, no matter how good a 'defender' you are. This also goes for Warnock who might be good against a gorilla, but is no good for anything else and will often turn it over. Rivers was once like this but managed to stop doing it too often.. If Bartram can fix that part of his game then he will be back in the team. But at the moment he's behind Strauss and Tapscott for the same position.

Regarding Morton - i can only comment on what i saw and that was he ran with the flight into a contest a couple of times and was very dangerous on the wing. Did screw up one kick but apart from that I thought his disposal was good. Ah god OK he probably wasn't in the best but would've come close........

Edited by damon the demon