Eth

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Bartram

Out Evans

Agreed.

I think Evans is going to be a bit stiff, but Bartram has to play if fit. We need him down back.

Otherwise I would make very little changes, unless of course Jamar or Tappy make miraculous recoveries.

Earlier this season we suffered relatively few injuries and, as a consequence, made very few changes. Since the Adelaide game, the tide turned dramatically with four to five changes on a week becoming a regular occurrence, much of it out of necessity.

After the Carlton game, the axe swung and we saw an improvement in performance against Essendon. Hopefully, we can put our horror run with injuries behind us and limit changes to a minimum. 

I saw Sam Blease with the Scorpions yesterday and he continues to improve every time I see him. I know that both Evans and Nicholson are fast but Sam might come in to replace one of the rookies, not because they have played poorly but rather to give one of them an opportunity to get more game time at Casey.

The TBBO where the game was played yesterday is smaller than most AFL grounds but the lack of space didn't prevent Sam from showing some genuine pace and if conditions are good on QB then it might be time to unleash our young red head.

Otherwise, our better form on Friday night could give players coming back from injury the extra week to get things right or to play at VFL level in their first week back. 

Tough call this week, a nice change

IN - Bartram (need him for their small forwards, and i think Blair will come in this week for the pies)

OUT - Strauss (stiff but is not defensive minded enough for this weeks opponent)

Evans and Nicholsons run this week will be crucial

based on Sylvia being fit to play

Strauss did shut down Zaharakis on Friday night & caused some damage the other way. Tough call to make on a player who needs a run of games to gain confidence & time to adjust to the step up in speed of AFL. I would not drop a young player until their performance level drops. If we weren't about development this year & all about results instead it may be a different call IMO.

No change.

Why make changes for changes sake? This thread is always a frustrating one!

IF Bartram is 100%, which I'm doubtful he would be, he would be considered, and maybe Evans would be the unlucky one.

Bennell could play on Cracker, so the need to rush Barty back isn't drastic. Strauss may get Sidebottom.

Petterd was good today. But he's usually good at VFL level.

Our forward structure looked much better on Friday without him in it. Howe was good overhead, on the ground and applied really good defensive pressure. He's also a much better kick than Petterd.

Given that Petterd putting in decent VFL performances is the norm, then why would we expect a different AFL performance from him after one week in the VFL? Given Howe's debut, and all that he potentially offers the said, Ricky is going to have to be better than just 'good' to get back in.

Good summary. Howe holds his spot.

Petterd went alright against the Pies last year. Should that come into consideration?

Only on Demonland.

As much as you don't want to mess with team balance, Petterd was outstanding last year against Magpies.

About as relevant as Newton took mark of the year in 2007.

No change.

Why make changes for changes sake? This thread is always a frustrating one!

IF Bartram is 100%, which I'm doubtful he would be, he would be considered, and maybe Evans would be the unlucky one.

Bennell could play on Cracker, so the need to rush Barty back isn't drastic. Strauss may get Sidebottom.

*Cough* Sylvia was injured. So thee is going to be one change......for changes sake.

*Cough* Sylvia was injured. So thee is going to be one change......for changes sake.

Sounds like Sylvia will be alright.

Few players miss games, especially after a 10 day break, with a corky.

Although knowing our luck he'll probably be out for 4-6 :rolleyes:

Nicholson dropped?

You have to be kidding. He was sensational in close.

The only change I'd make is Bartram in for an unlucky Strauss.

Strauss will stay, needs exposure at the highest level and very important to our future.

Tough call this week, a nice change

IN - Bartram (need him for their small forwards, and i think Blair will come in this week for the pies)

OUT - Strauss (stiff but is not defensive minded enough for this weeks opponent)

Evans and Nicholsons run this week will be crucial

based on Sylvia being fit to play

I am glad you are not a coach

You sure know how to kill a players confidence

I'd be horribly surprised if Sylvia doesn't play. 10 day break, and it was only a corky.

You may need to get some butter & menthols for that cough you have RR, i don't want to catch whatever you've got.

In: Petterd.

Out: Nicholson.

I absolutely love Nicho and i think hes going to be a very good player for us but Ricky should never have been dropped in the 1st place and he had an outstanding game in the VFL on the weekend. We need the injection of a little more experience for such a big clash. Also im not sure about this one but does big Maxy Gawn keep his spot for this weekend?? If Robbie Campbell was ready surely we'd be tempted to bring him in??

Warnock has to come in to bolster the backline. I love Rivers, but one out against Dawes or Cloke could be a massive test. Would be good to have a back-up tall defender.

I'd also like to bring in Maric if any charges are required. He would be chomping at the bit to put a few 'legitimate' goals through against The Filth. Please no more debutants for a while. Starting to look like Gold Coast already. Great for Evans and Nicholson to get a run, but surely they have to be the first omitted for the blokes coming back from injury or after some penance in the reserves (Bartram, Pettard, Maric).

IN: Warnock, Maric

OUT: Evans, Nicholson

In: Petterd.

Out: Nicholson.

I absolutely love Nicho and i think hes going to be a very good player for us but Ricky should never have been dropped in the 1st place and he had an outstanding game in the VFL on the weekend. We need the injection of a little more experience for such a big clash. Also im not sure about this one but does big Maxy Gawn keep his spot for this weekend?? If Robbie Campbell was ready surely we'd be tempted to bring him in??

To bring in Campbell would mean we add another player to the LTI. Do we have anyone in that situation?

Calls for Petterd to come back aren't logical. Petterd has been sub-par all year, he plays one reasonable game in the reserves and people are calling for instant selection? Give me a break. Do youself a favour and watch the Inner Sanctum footage provided by Channel 7. Bailey voiced a serious concern regarding how Petterd was playing, and is obviously a reason he was dropped. He needs to do this for a couple of weeks at Casey before he gets a call up for mine.

Warnock has to come in to bolster the backline. I love Rivers, but one out against Dawes or Cloke could be a massive test. Would be good to have a back-up tall defender.

I'd also like to bring in Maric if any charges are required. He would be chomping at the bit to put a few 'legitimate' goals through against The Filth. Please no more debutants for a while. Starting to look like Gold Coast already. Great for Evans and Nicholson to get a run, but surely they have to be the first omitted for the blokes coming back from injury or after some penance in the reserves (Bartram, Pettard, Maric).IN: Warnock, Maric

OUT: Evans, Nicholson

Why do they?

To bring in Campbell would mean we add another player to the LTI. Do we have anyone in that situation?

Calls for Petterd to come back aren't logical. Petterd has been sub-par all year, he plays one reasonable game in the reserves and people are calling for instant selection? Give me a break. Do youself a favour and watch the Inner Sanctum footage provided by Channel 7. Bailey voiced a serious concern regarding how Petterd was playing, and is obviously a reason he was dropped. He needs to do this for a couple of weeks at Casey before he gets a call up for mine.

Sorry mate i was unaware that Campbell was a rookie and unable to play unless we put someone on the long term injury list. Thats a little dissapointing actually as surely a no 1 ruckman in a premiership side from only 3 years ago would be handy now with Jamar out and Big Maxy probably still not quite ready for AFL. Thank goodness for Stef ey?

Im happy to concede that Petterd hasnt been as good as i expected he would be this year but in all honesty has he really been that bad:

Round 1- played a quarter against the swans after coming on as the sub and had a really big impact with his strong marking and assist work.

Round 2- was dissapointing against the hawks but had limited preparation coming in and certainly wasnt the worst on the day.

Round 7- came back into the side and played a blinder on Johncock. Shut him out and had 15 disposals 4 tackles and 4 goals.

Round 8- had 13 disposals, 2 goals and 3 tackles and again wasnt the worst.

Round 9- 12 disposals and a goal against the Saints with very very limited opportunities.

Round 10- Concede that he was dissapointing

In between all that his form in the VFL has been outstanding and he was brilliant last year before being injured. If ive learnt anything so far this year its to not write players off too early. I did that earlier in the year with Stefan Martin, Jonesy and Wattsy and look what a di..head i look like now. I couldnt have been more wrong about all 3 of them. Ricky will come good. Lets get him back in the side!!

We have Spencer and Grimes out for the season. Newton was named as our promoted rookie that we were allowed to have because of our veteran, Green. Evans was named as a replacement for Spencer or Grimes; I can't remember which. Nicholson was named as a replacement for Fitzpatrick and will therefore lose his upgraded status when, and if, Fitzpatrick comes back, even for Casey. However, that point is moot as the point in the season where you can play rookies regardless of LTI will have been reached before Fitzpatrick's LTI period has elapsed. We can play Campbell whenever we want be naming him to replace Spencer or Grimes, whomever was not used for Evans.