While the Saints are Down

fired up

While the Saints are down and low on confidence is the time Melbourne should take advantage, and not just go out to win but to smash them.

I think this game will determine exactley where we are at.

If we go out and play them in to form like we usually do, then the whole football department and team are a joke.

Time to stand up and be counted..

While the Saints are down and low on confidence is the time Melbourne should take advantage, and not just go out to win but to smash them.

If we go out and play them in to form like we usually do, then the whole football department and team are a joke.

You can only pull up your socks up if you have some on.

At the present the sock cupboard is fairly bare.

I doubt JC could perform the task you ask

let alone the FD of the MFC.

I think the Saints may be thinking the very same thing and punting on a "lets get back some form" result.

We are both playing for the chicken liver cup.

While the Demons are down and low on confidence is the time St Kilda should take advantage, and not just go out to win but to smash them.

I think the Saints may be thinking the very same thing and punting on a "lets get back some form" result.

We are both playing for the chicken liver cup.

strange they dropped McEvoy, would have been a chance to play him back into form

Guest Artie Bucco

Kosi into the ruck.

Or Dean Polo (he was a bit-part ruckman, right?)

Easier prospect for Martin anyway, without McEvoy.

I've already accepted an 11 goal loss this week. Too many injuries and we're useless at Etihad.

You should stay away from sharp objects this week.

I would have thought on form both sides are a definite chance. However, I recognise that MFC have their own mountain to climb.

Looks like they are going more mobile. They also think this is a good time to make an example of underperformers and also debuted a new player. Got no respect for us.

You could apply your flawed logic to Melbourne atttitude toward St Kilda by debuting Evans. Its got nothing to do with respect at all. And given St Kilda's performance this year, I would not suggest mobility is going to be increase through the addition of a first gamer.

If you cant see yourself winning you won't.

I go into every match with the belief we might be able to win and I hope our players think they can every week.

I sure hope our players dont read this iste.

You could apply your flawed logic to Melbourne atttitude toward St Kilda by debuting Evans. Its got nothing to do with respect at all. And given St Kilda's performance this year, I would not suggest mobility is going to be increase through the addition of a first gamer.

Yours is flawed. They have axed three players. Evans is more of a response to our sudden plague of injuries and too many non performing options. Dropping their regular ruckman form or no form to go against our part timers is an indicator they don't see us as a real threat. All their 4 inclusions are mobile players including big man Blake. Don't tell me Winmar is a slug.

Yours is flawed. They have axed three players. Evans is more of a response to our sudden plague of injuries and too many non performing options. Dropping their regular ruckman form or no form to go against our part timers is an indicator they don't see us as a real threat. All their 4 inclusions are mobile players including big man Blake. Don't tell me Winmar is a slug.

Right Winmar is no slug and picking him is showing us no respect. :rolleyes:

And we have selected Evans (not on performance we could have kept Bennell in)and that shows we respect them less. Gotcha.

Given how poor we were against North, it could be easily argued that the Dunn, Wonna could have been omitted with Bennell. And if you did note that the players they axed were Gram, McQualter and lost Baker. So while they have gained Montagna, Peake they have lost some foot soldiers.

And seeing Blake named a first ruck is as effective as naming Newton there.

St Kilda are struggling and are in much the same position as us. I would have thought given their aspirations this year that St Kilda are chock full of non performing options and bringing back underperformers like Blake and Peake they have added to the collection.

There you go. They are happy to drop their regular ruckman and put in a part timer. Do you reckon that would have been the case if Jamar was in? You'd jibber jibber about anything trying to win an argument.

Right Winmar is no slug and picking him is showing us no respect. :rolleyes:

And we have selected Evans (not on performance we could have kept Bennell in)and that shows we respect them less. Gotcha.

Given how poor we were against North, it could be easily argued that the Dunn, Wonna could have been omitted with Bennell. And if you did note that the players they axed were Gram, McQualter and lost Baker. So while they have gained Montagna, Peake they have lost some foot soldiers.

St Kilda are struggling and are in much the same position as us. I would have thought given their aspirations this year that St Kilda are chock full of non performing options and bringing back underperformers like Blake and Peake they have added to the collection.

RR all of the above makes good sense but based on:

-Past performance against the Saints and at ES

- Our efforts this year

- Our loss of top players over the last 3 weeks

I would not back the Dees with someones else's money.

It is rapidly turning into "another Melbourne Year" for me.

Zero confidence in our skill level.

I am forced to admit I have over estimated our ability.

I thing we are a bottom 6 side even with an full list.

Edited by old dee

There you go. They are happy to drop their regular ruckman and put in a part timer. Do you reckon that would have been the case if Jamar was in? You'd jibber jibber about anything trying to win an argument.

They have won 1 game in 7 weeks. How desperate are they given they have to select a 3rd up defender who had lost form and was dropped? I do note that that have brought Kozi in as well and he should be rucking some of the game.

They are in no position to take anyone easy. They would be desperate for a win to keep their very slim hopes of Sept action alive.

And given that Jamar is out, how poorly do you think McEvoy must be playing not to have trusted/selected here? We might be having a bad season but for a team that was a kick from a flag last year, its been a disaster. And they would be desperate to get a win.

...I thing we are a bottom 6 side even with an full list.

Fair comment OD. The only thing to counter that is that St Kilda are having a Melbourne year too. Its easy to write us off but the otherside is not necessarily a sure bet.

Pot, kettle, black.... anyway, both sides are desperate to find a win and are trying first gamers in the hope that they might revitalise seemingly disinterested playing groups - because obviously (and particularly with the Saints - ours being injury driven), things just aren't working as they are now - if they had dropped Goddard (who probably deserves to be dropped), then I might subscribe to your lack of respect theory.

I'm glad Newton has been retained, but I'm a little disappointed Gawn isn't getting a run (even as a sub). The only real surprise for me in the Saints side is that they dropped Gram, who if I'm not mistaken, generally turns in a good performance against us.

I'm feeling unreasonably optimistic about this game. Don't know why as I realise as on paper we're toast; I just have a good feeling. I can hear those Egyptians shouting...

Only in the french quarter Nasher