F*&^ i hate Essendon

Sideshow Bob

Sitting at home bored watching Essendon give it to the Saints. Just thinking to myself - i cannot stand that football club. The smugness of their supporters is as bad as Hawthorns, the clubs stance against getting a clash jumper adds to it, all the defeats they've inflicted on us over the past 30 odd years.

Must have been 1999 or 2000, can't quite remember, we were up by 11 points with under 2 minutes to go and lost. Don't even need to contemplate the 2000 GF, however Danners said at the post GF wake at schwaters pub that he would never step foot back in windy hill after the pre-emptive hits on Simmonds and Green. Fricken Sheedy's bullying tactics (which unfortunately for us, left us as their [censored] for meany seasons), now Sheedy's love child Hirdy coaching them....... They really really just give me the shits.

/end rant. many apologies.

However I will add, the last few years of dishing out complete garbage as a football club, watching this rebuild take place, has left me numb watching football. No real energy or passion. The glimmers of hope, the spark the started in round 2 last year, that continued on Queens birthday, has relit the fuse. I can hate opposition clubs again, the competitive beast that lies within may well come back to the fore. i can't wait for opposition clubs and supporters take us seriously again and start hating us and wanting to beat us as much as i hate Essendon

/end rant properly

Under Knights,always started the season at full pace. By round 6 their injury list was extensive and they always fell away.

Looking like the same pattern under Hird.

But the Knights years has yielded some talented individuals from the draft, which will give him something more to work with.

More importantly, 1 week later...... did we perform better against them than last years Grand Finalist tonight?

Essendon and Hawthorn supporters ooze condescension. The attacks on a teenage Brad Green in the 2000 GF plus the non apology from Michael Long for the head attack on Troy Simmonds add to my ire ! At least after the Pie games last year i received a few sincere "Bad luck mate" comments in Yarra Park after the games.

Sitting at home bored watching Essendon give it to the Saints. Just thinking to myself - i cannot stand that football club. The smugness of their supporters is as bad as Hawthorns, the clubs stance against getting a clash jumper adds to it, all the defeats they've inflicted on us over the past 30 odd years.

Must have been 1999 or 2000, can't quite remember, we were up by 11 points with under 2 minutes to go and lost. Don't even need to contemplate the 2000 GF, however Danners said at the post GF wake at schwaters pub that he would never step foot back in windy hill after the pre-emptive hits on Simmonds and Green. Fricken Sheedy's bullying tactics (which unfortunately for us, left us as their [censored] for meany seasons), now Sheedy's love child Hirdy coaching them....... They really really just give me the shits.

However I will add, the last few years of dishing out complete garbage as a football club, watching this rebuild take place, has left me numb watching football. No real energy or passion. The glimmers of hope, the spark the started in round 2 last year, that continued on Queens birthday, has relit the fuse. I can hate opposition clubs again, the competitive beast that lies within may well come back to the fore. i can't wait for opposition clubs and supporters take us seriously again and start hating us and wanting to beat us as much as i hate Essendon

/end rant properly

I'm hearing you & agree 100%

Arogant swines the majority of supporters

Non Negotiable we must destroy them in 2011 & onwards.

Under Knights,always started the season at full pace. By round 6 their injury list was extensive and they always fell away.

Looking like the same pattern under Hird.

But the Knights years has yielded some talented individuals from the draft, which will give him something more to work with.

More importantly, 1 week later...... did we perform better against them than last years Grand Finalist tonight?

Yeah I was thinking that, we had a bad start and a poor finish which doesn't leave alot, however we were within 10 points at the last change. They always play well against the saints though.

Even though we were close at 3/4 time, there reserves did give our nearly full side a touch up though, had it been in the regular season i'd be concerned, but probably nothing to see here, they'll crumble.

Can't agree more... my 2 most hated teams !!!! The only difference between you and me is that i wouldn't watch them tonight...found something better to do !!

It is a well known fact that many players had fallings out or a dislike for the way Knights coached.

Hird has come in and many players feel rejuvinated- hence they were chomping at the bit for the NAB cup to prove their worth.

However:

There is and always will be the Carlton factor when it comes to pre-season comp;

They have not set foot outside the Dome the entire time (it would be like Melbourne playing every match at the G);

Whilst players will always go out and give 100% at the contest, the coaches are always trying different things and if they get behind, perhaps aren't so quick to ring changes and try to swing momentum because they want to see how certain players perform when they are out of position or being beaten etc....

And yes i HATE Essendon and can't wait to Round 11 or whenever to (hopefully) give them another pantsing!!!

I don't know what's happened to Demon fans lately. Collingwood is and was always the # 1 enemy, followed by Carlton. I just couldn't be bothered wasting any energy on hating or even disliking Essendon. They might be riding high in March but they'll be shot down by May.

No arguments about hating the pies WJ. Without doubt enemy no. 1

Just expressing my absolute disgust for the bombers, their supporters, and anything else to do with them. It all goes back for me to a certain bloodbath at windy hill in the mid/late 80's - can't quite remember the exacts but i thinly recall strawberry o'dwyer and balls grinter having an extended rest afterwards.

Also and more importantly remembering what its like to hate opposition clubs again - the time is upon us to start playing foot with some venom, get a little mongrel and that arrogant strut - to play to win, not to develop and to hurt when you lose. It's been missing for too long.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I don't know what's happened to Demon fans lately. Collingwood is and was always the # 1 enemy, followed by Carlton. I just couldn't be bothered wasting any energy on hating or even disliking Essendon. They might be riding high in March but they'll be shot down by May.

Carlton >>>>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>>>>>> Then we start talking about Collingwood and Essendon.

I nearly got disowned by my 70yo dad the other day for saying that. In the end I had to tell him I hated Carlton and Collingwood equally to save my name being struck out of the will.

/end rant properly

I agree completely. I've always said Essendon supporters are just Collingwood supporters, minus a sense of humour.

Edited by Sad old Man

With apologies to Dean Martin I presume.

My Most Hated Top 8:

1. Essendon (Origin: Crushing loss in the early 90's when they came back from 8 goals down at 3 quarter time to beat us. Smug bastard sitting next to me with his pumped fist in front of my face yelling "Hiiiiiirdy!" and "Caaaaalthorp!" etc as they stomped us into the MCG turf. This was oft repeated through the 90's.

Daylight

2. Carlton (Origin: Arrogance and sense of entitlement of the Jack Elliot era has not diluted in them one bit, even after their spoon years. Stealing of Kreuzer/Naitanui from us)

3. Collingwood (Origin: Generational beef passed on from father, aided by filth-supporting neighbours rubbing their 1990 flag in face for an entire summer.

4. Hawthorn (Origin: Snuffed the life out of our romantic late 80's resurgence with horrible grand final hiding. Dermott Brereton forever ironing out our players)

5. St Kilda (Origin: Really risen up the ranks in recent years. Seem to have conveniently forgotten their underdog past despite not yet having won a flag)

6. Geelong (Origin: Liked them a lot more when they were losing grand finals and carrying handbags to away games)

7. North Melbourne (Origin: Have jumped up into calculations here with their ne'er-do-well supporters continued sniping at us. And Wayne Carey, of course.

8. Gold Coast (Origin: Already hate them with a passion. AFL wants them to win flags and probably at our expense. Won't happen.

Anyone else's top 8 differ from mine?

Edited by Range Rover

Essendon supporters are so patronising it gets under my skin....but when its convenient they seem to go missing....football...oh we dont care about that....Essendon as per Carlton supporters are the best front runners in the league...

I have a pineapple w a bombers supporter that the dees will finish ahead of them on the ladder this year....

They have already gone into meltdown claiming its another '2000' year.....

These guys will fly out of the blocks and crash and burn by Anzac day where they will be smashed and fall away after...

Enjoy April while you can Bombers....

................... Collingwood is and was always the # 1 enemy, ....................

1958 ensured that for me. Irrevokable!

Yeah I was thinking that, we had a bad start and a poor finish which doesn't leave alot, however we were within 10 points at the last change. They always play well against the saints though.

Even though we were close at 3/4 time, there reserves did give our nearly full side a touch up though, had it been in the regular season i'd be concerned, but probably nothing to see here, they'll crumble.

52 Free kicks to them is like 5 extra players.

I don't hate anyone, even Collingwood. I love beating them, but hating other teams is just a misplaced use of energy. Save it for something positive.

I do really severely dislike Carlton though. :)

HaHaHa, beautifull... I luv your Poetry. It sounds familiar.

Perhaps it reflects your age, but I loathe Essendon, even more than Carlton, and much more than Collingwood. I wasn't alive in '58, but those who were and have related the details do so with rage. To me, it sounds like the tactics used in the GF 2000. What happened to Greeny and Simmonds were a disgrace and I'll never forget it.

In my living memory, the last three decades, we've beaten Collingwood when we're better than them and a few times won (or gone down by a bee's) when we clearly weren't.

Beating Carlton in the finals in 2000 was one of the great days ever.

But Essendon, they've destroyed dreams.

Obviously, the Grand Final in 2000, just the way they went about it was revolting. If Michael Long's name ever comes up in conversation I'll slag him. Dean Wallis ditto.

Elimination Final 2004, when they won by 5 points in the dying minutes, after Nicho ran over the ball. F#%$^@^&**@@!!!

Daniher's farewell game in Round 13 2007, ball goes over the pack and Lucas kicks a goal to give them a 2 point win. C$#*@$^@#@!@!!

Round 6 1992 at the 'G: up by 8 goals and lost by a point. J$#@!%!!

Dirty play with the umps kissing their arses, their arrogant supporters thinking their thugs are golden boys, it's enough to make your stomach churn. I'm praying they're the Richmond of the next two decades.

Yes, I hate Carlton, but that's primarily based on the arrogance and corruption of the Elliott era and the perpetual smugness of the supporter base. For me, Essendon's loathesomeness is endemic in every level of that club.

I'm no big fan of Hawthorn or North either, the thought of Wayne Carey and Jamie Shanahan by themselves in the back half of the MCG still gives me the willies.