• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE TOM SCULLY TO GWS THREAD

DirtyDees DDC

Just saw Scully going for a walk with a young girl who could be described as having "inner beaty" in a nice leafy suburban area of Eastern/South East Melbourne. He had the footy in hand. Regardless of whether it was his gf/sister/female friend he wouldn't want to leave her for glum western Sydney I'm sure.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this alleged GWS offer is true it could turn out to be a cancerous situation for the club until resolved. I hope the club takes a stand if it knows as truth what many suspect. Give Tom our best offer based on what he is worth and a couple of months to mull over it. If he doesn't bite then send him to Casey to bide his time till he gets to GWS. I'm sick of this club being treated like Cinderella. I don't want to see endless speculation and angst like what happened with Gary Ablett. What will happen when our next rising star is out of contract? Get tough.

Edited by america de cali

That is so idiotic.

What if he genuinely wants to make his decision after the season?

By making that move we would be making the decision for him.

Why force his hand if we don't need to?

NB Pavlich waited until after the season to re-sign, yet stayed at Freo.

It happens.

And how often has this club been "treated like Cinderella"..?

Get a grip people!

Looks like the HUN get their info from Big Footy too.

Or from here...

America de cali it is only cancerous if we allow it to be, I am confident our club will not descend into the situation that occurred at Geelong.

We have a quality leadership team who will not let this spiral. I am confident they have had open discussions with Scully and every other player.

The press will try and whip it up but the reality is Scully clearly has said he wants to leave it until later.

Makes sense for him to do that.

The less we fret about it the easier the whole situation will be for him and the club to handle.

I want every club to be looking at our list with envy and trying to poach them.

How good would it be to have a significant bunch of players who are thought of as top 50 players.

I cant wait to see Sylvia complete his transformation with a full year on the paddock and a medal around his neck, Jurrah kicking a 10 in a match, Scully tackling Swan who fumbles the ball leaving it to Scully to accelerate away banging it down the throat of Petterd who kicks a goal after the siren to seal a win of 5 points over the filth, etc , etc...

If this alleged GWS offer is true it could turn out to be a cancerous situation for the club until resolved. I hope the club takes a stand if it knows as truth what many suspect. Give Tom our best offer based on what he is worth and a couple of months to mull over it. If he doesn't bite then send him to Casey to bide his time till he gets to GWS. I'm sick of this club being treated like Cinderella. I don't want to see endless speculation and angst like what happened with Gary Ablett. What will happen when our next rising star is out of contract? Get tough.

There are hits, and there are misses.

That's a miss.

Oh, the way I see it - If we offer something he agrees to, then we have 'matched' or 'beaten' the GWS deal.

KS is wrong in that we won't get close in terms of money, but he's right in that we will go close (or over) in terms of lifestyle, playing with mates, playing for the MFC!, and being near family.

I'm not worried at all.

Hi Everyone,

Iv been reading demonland for years now but have never posted until now.

(Please dont shoot me down on my first post. lol)

I would love to see someone from the club place a post on this site to help settle the discussion and provide some actual fact rather than rumor. I can only see this ongoing speculation as damaging to the brand. I would hate to see a similar situation as Geelong. The pressure the situation placed on all concerned ended up creating a poor environment for all involved. These discussions can only add to the fire.

I hate to state the obvious, but it is all fun to read and speculate, but Melbourne supporters are not the only ones to reed this site (Tom Scully / Jurno's probably included)

Edited by Feldy

Hi Everyone,

Iv been reading demonland for years now but have never posted until now.

(Please dont shoot me down on my first post. lol)

I would love to see someone from the club place a post on this site to help settle the discussion and provide some actual fact rather than rumor. I can only see this ongoing speculation as damaging to the brand. I would hate to see a similar situation as Geelong. The pressure the situation placed on all concerned ended up creating a poor environment for all involved. These discussions can only add to the fire.

I hate to state the obvious, but it is all fun to read and speculate, but Melbourne supporters are not the only ones to reed this site (Tom Scully / Jurno's probably included)

Hi!

are you going to the info night tonight? There is question time at the end, I would love someone to ask (without being specific to Tom Scully) what the club's philosophy/strategy is regarding keeping together the fantastic list they have done so well and suffered so badly to assemble

Looks like the HUN get their info from Big Footy too.

weak lazy journalism as is the norm for the HUN especially at this time of year. They probably could't find out what James Hird had for lunch so they went with the Scully story.

Greg Denham just summed it up well in KB's show

he said - this will happen all year insert players name our of contract with a doller figure and you have a story , it's rubbish.

the club knows what it is doing and will make the right descision like they have been doing with everything since Jimma and Cam Schwab came on board. I have 100% confidence they will sign Tom up when everyone is good an ready

Edited by Bates Mate

Hi!

are you going to the info night tonight? There is question time at the end, I would love someone to ask (without being specific to Tom Scully) what the club's philosophy/strategy is regarding keeping together the fantastic list they have done so well and suffered so badly to assemble

No... I cant get there. Im from North East Vic so the 3.5 hr drive is a killer. Would like to go though.

I really wish this discussion would stop until the club makes a statment, and Mr. America i really think what you are stating above is almost offensive....(whoever started this rumour-and that is what it is....)STOP NOW.

I really wish this discussion would stop until the club makes a statment, and Mr. America i really think what you are stating above is almost offensive....(whoever started this rumour-and that is what it is....)STOP NOW.

I profusely apologise for almost offending you.

I have another slant on this situation. WHAT IF Sheedy, who we overlooked, knew that it was unlikely that he could get Scully, so puts the story around that they are offering Scully $6m over 6 years to cause the Dees grief. We have this uncertainty and a higher contract price to sign Scully. Nice bit of revenge for knocking back Sheeds.

It also draws other managers out to test the waters and hides some of the real targets GWS are after.

Of course I could be wrong.

I have another slant on this situation. WHAT IF Sheedy, who we overlooked, knew that it was unlikely that he could get Scully, so puts the story around that they are offering Scully $6m over 6 years to cause the Dees grief. We have this uncertainty and a higher contract price to sign Scully. Nice bit of revenge for knocking back Sheeds.

It also draws other managers out to test the waters and hides some of the real targets GWS are after.

Of course I could be wrong.

Of course. Definitely.

If we keep Scully, the aim is to make us keep him for over the odds, so it is is even harder to match what they offer Wasts or Morton, or Trengove in 2012.

Not sure it really has anything to do with revenge though.

Surely Sheedy has better things to worry about than being bitter at MFC to that extent.

Of course. Definitely.

If we keep Scully, the aim is to make us keep him for over the odds, so it is is even harder to match what they offer Wasts or Morton, or Trengove in 2012.

Not sure it really has anything to do with revenge though.

Surely Sheedy has better things to worry about than being bitter at MFC to that extent.

There is now doubt he has eyes for players on our list but which team doesn't.

Guest 36DD

Sheedy is a [censored] of the highest order. His bitter ramblings aimed at Melbourne and Richmond after they had the gall to reject him as a potential coach are evidence of this.

I fail to understand that this so called legend of the game has escaped criticism for failing to personally inform BOTH Ron Andrews and Derek Kickett that they would not be playing in a Grand Final.

Sheedy is a little man who hides behind non sensical ramblings

Edited by 36DD

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but this is a real offer.

my mates dad is on the board or something and he told me so im pretty sure.

i really hope he stays... obviously

Youv'e had 15 posts since the 15th - May - 2010.

Your mates dad is on board, & your Mums his manager hey?

And they want him to get a Big pay rise.

Well if Sheeds wants us to give such a pay rise, he then sits back to scoop up the outfall, of the players who won't fit into the cap.

Tell Mrs Sheedy to go tend her Roses.

edit spellhing.

Edited by dee-luded