2011 Intraclub Match

Reality Bus

Personally I couldn't make either date so I'm just hoping some guys are able to go along and give us a report. I was thinking about possible intraclub matchups to help determine the round 1 side. Obviously a lot of players won't play the intraclub and some will only play small amounts. I'm not worried about the midfield because I think it will be heavy rotations and little care for the opposition in there. But the backs v forward interest me. With Frawley out for a while and Bruce gone there are 2 spots in our backline available. The rumour is Martin will play centre half forward/ruck this year and Newton will play back at times. I'd give him a shot at Jurrah to see if he's worth trying there in the NAB cup. I'd like to see Rivers V Watts to see if both of them can fire up in intensity before the NAB cup. What does everyone else think, any matchups they would like to see.

Garland V Green

Rivers V Watts

Warnock V Martin

Newton V Jurrah

Bartram V Wona

Macdonald V Dunn

Grimes V Bate

Davis V Cook

McNamara V Petterd

Strauss V Jetta

Nicholson V Tapscott

Bail V Bennell

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In relation to the intraclub - does anybody know which of our indigenous boys will be playing in the All Stars game on the Friday night following the intraclub? I remember reading Jurrah and Wonna's names in an article a few months back but was wondering if the team has been released?

I wonder how much gloss will be taken off the contest by the fact that some of our inigenous players might not take part in the game due to its clash with next Friday’s All-Stars v Richmond game which has been moved to Alice Springs after monsoonal rain flooded Darwin’s TIO Stadium. The game will now take place at Traeger Park Oval (close enough to Liam's Jurrah's home - give or take 300kms) but I haven't seen a selected squad at this stage.

If we lose a few players to the All-Stars (and I reckon we might have four in contention), will we have enough players for a full game and will we have to draw on some of the Casey boys as we did last year to make up the numbers.

And speaking of numbers, this is my annual call to the club to make the players' numbers available on the club's website by the evening before so that we can download and copy them and be familiar with the newer players in particular!

I wonder how much gloss will be taken off the contest by the fact that some of our inigenous players might not take part in the game due to its clash with next Friday’s All-Stars v Richmond game which has been moved to Alice Springs after monsoonal rain flooded Darwin’s TIO Stadium. The game will now take place at Traeger Park Oval (close enough to Liam's Jurrah's home - give or take 300kms) but I haven't seen a selected squad at this stage.

If we lose a few players to the All-Stars (and I reckon we might have four in contention), will we have enough players for a full game and will we have to draw on some of the Casey boys as we did last year to make up the numbers.

And speaking of numbers, this is my annual call to the club to make the players' numbers available on the club's website by the evening before so that we can download and copy them and be familiar with the newer players in particular!

good idea and if they don't issue the numbers you can call every new player Lucas Cook.

Not to be a smart arse, but all the new players look fairly different from one another.

I think we should be able to comfortably tell them apart.

You're not being a smart arse but for those of us who haven't seen the new players before (or as in my case I've been to one training session) and there are nine of them, it won't be easy to differentiate.

I haven't seen Kelvin Lawrence but I'm told he looks similar to his cousin Neville Jetta so numbers would help there.

Cameron Johnston is a redhead and I think I can differentiate him from Matthew Bate and he has different colouring to Jordie McKenzie. With Kyle Cheney out at Hawthorn, I think I might safely be able to work him out.

I really haven't seen enough of the others to differentiate them - other than Lucas Cook.

So the numbers would help even people like myself who have been to training once.

By the way, I hope I haven't said anything politically incorrect above - no offence is intended.*

* If I have then I'll surrender to the Hague or the UN Human Rights Commission as soon as they produce an arrest warrant :lol:

In relation to the intraclub - does anybody know which of our indigenous boys will be playing in the All Stars game on the Friday night following the intraclub? I remember reading Jurrah and Wonna's names in an article a few months back but was wondering if the team has been released?

Nick48 in 'Ology reports that Davey and Jurrah will be away at the Indigenous camp during the week in preparation for the All-stars game in Alice Springs. I Just checked the AFL website. The match in Alice Springs will be on Friday night (4/2/11).

I think you do have a point WJ, and while I think I'll get by without numbers, it would be handy.

Carlton had its first intraclub praccy match yesterday and one of the posters on Talking Carlton wrote:-

The game wasn't easy to follow because the team sheet didn't have numbers and, as always this time of year, it was sometimes hard to identify players because we had new faces and some established faces with new haircuts and/or new body shapes...

Apparently a leaner, fitter Brock McLean impressed and there's no truth in the rumour that Blues fans are baying for Ratten's blood because one of the teams in the interclub was beaten.

Nick48 in 'Ology reports that Davey and Jurrah will be away at the Indigenous camp during the week in preparation for the All-stars game in Alice Springs. I Just checked the AFL website. The match in Alice Springs will be on Friday night (4/2/11).

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed these two get through it well.

I was at the last match at Casey in August 2010. From my view on the boundary it looked OK - no big puddles or muddy areas, but a trainer said it was very soft underfoot. Sounds like they still have drainage problems and need to resurface the ground. I think they even moved a match last year.

This could put Casey out of action for some time.

I think Casey had to play an away game instead of a home and away- Werribbee due to the condition of the ground.Becomes soft after a down pour. Definate draining problems-the club has a real role to save players getting injured at Casey.

I wonder when the organisers of the All-Stars game are going to inform our ABC of the change of venue and date?

I notice that the Foxtel programme guide is still billing the game as a live telecast from Darwin's Marara Oval on channel 102 at 8.30pm next Saturday.

Yeah, I really hope they dont stuff that up. Online tv guides are still showing it as 8:30 saturday also.

I wonder how much gloss will be taken off the contest by the fact that some of our inigenous players might not take part in the game due to its clash with next Fridays All-Stars v Richmond game which has been moved to Alice Springs after monsoonal rain flooded Darwins TIO Stadium. The game will now take place at Traeger Park Oval (close enough to Liam's Jurrah's home - give or take 300kms) but I haven't seen a selected squad at this stage.

Davey & Jurrah are the only 2 Dees named in the 33 man squad.

The indigenous camp is in Sydney & runs from Saturday to Tuesday.

Edited by She Devil 64

I would love to see the midfield match ups young guns V mature players, first centre bounce

Jamar, Sylvia, Jones, Moloney against Spencer, Scully, Trengove and McKenzie

The mature players might have the upside at stopages but the young guns will work them hard around the ground.

BLUE

3 - Clint Bartram

10 - Cale Morton

13 - Jordie McKenzie

14 - Lynden Dunn

16 - Jack Grimes

20 - Colin Garland

21 - Lucas Cook

22 - Brent Moloney

33 - Matt Fieldsend (Casey)

34 - Stefan Martin

38 - Micheal Riseley (Casey)