New Melbourne guernseys

DemonsHQ

All, It's Tom from the Demon Shop here. I just wanted to clarify the recent issues we’ve been having with merchandise for you-

• We’re very pleased to have New Balance as our new apparel partner. The range they have created looks fantastic however they have encountered some problems in the manufacturing of some of the garments which is obviously very disappointing. There are two key issues- 1. The process they used to attach the Club emblem to the media polo, the training tee and the training tank has not been effective and there have been some cases where these emblems have started to peel off. There has been a full recall of these items. 2. When we received the delivery of the first lot of guernseys last week, we identified a colour imperfection in the stars and the Emblem. The guernsey samples the Club signed off on were the correct colours, however when they went to manufacture New Balance did not reproduce them correctly.
  • New Balance have taken full responsibility for all of the issues we have encountered. They will replace all stock and bear the cost of the reproduction. New Balance are extremely disappointed with the service they have provided and are doing all they can to help us.
  • The items are produced off shore. New Balance have only just become aware of the issues and are exploring a range of options to get replacement stock as soon as they can but we expect it will be at least February before we receive replacement stock.
  • Player guernseys are produced using a different process and are not affected by the above issues and will therefore be delivered in time for pre-season matches.
  • The Club became aware of the issues last week and we have been working on solutions to ensure the 270 customers who pre-ordered the range would have something to give as a gift at Christmas.
  • The Club is sending vouchers to those who have ordered training gear and a discount voucher for their next purchase by way of compensation. The Club is also offering to exchange any items for other Demon Shop stock if the customer would prefer this.
  • With regard to guernseys, those who pre-ordered guernseys are being sent the colour imperfect version so they have something before Christmas with a letter of explanation. They will then be sent a new guernsey when they arrive so they will receive two guernseys. They are also being offered the chance to exchange or refund their purchase if they choose.
  • We have also encountered some issues with some sizes not being available. I have been phoning those affected and offering them alternatives.
  • Our main priority has been to contact those who have ordered things with the intention of giving them as Christmas gifts to ensure they receive something.
  • We have been using Express Post to ensure pre Christmas delivery.
  • It has been challenging time and we are very disappointed that we haven’t been able to provide the kind of service we would like to all our members and supporters.
  • Please don’t hesitate to contact me in the Demon Shop on 9652 1102 at anytime although due to the delivery issues, we are receiving a high volume of calls at the moment so we may take a day to get back to you. We will be open until 1pm on the 24th of December.

Thanks again for your support.

Thanks for the update.

Tom - welcome to Demonland and please feel free to come on and assist whenever these issues might arise. It's much better to get the correct picture straight from the horse's mouth so to speak than to rely on guesswork and speculation.

Agree with that. When people like Tom, or Cam Schwab, come on a clarify stuff it just takes out all the rumouring and bragging about who said what and the information is clear.

Thanks for the update.

Agree with that. When people like Tom, or Cam Schwab, come on a clarify stuff it just takes out all the rumouring and bragging about who said what and the information is clear.

Indeed. I really do believe Demonland could be used as an effective medium for communicating with members. Obviously a fairly low percentage, but effective all the same.

All we need now is for Chris to sign up and we've just about got all the bases covered :-p

This Post is pretty impressive.. for 2 reasons

Some would say it would have been enough to just explain

the messup and the solutions forthcoming to retify the problem, and have it on the MFC web site.

But for someone - Tom in this case - on behalf of the club to take the time to sign up on Demonland and personally explain ALL the details

needs to be applauded in my eyes.

Should help soften the disappointment for all concerned that

everyone is doing their upmost and beyond.

And on that note

I wish everyone a safe and Merry Xmas.

Edited by Deevoted

Got one of the new guernseys for christmas and have to say that the "imperfections" are so minor as to be barely noticeable. I pointed them out ot my sister (who bought it from the Demon Shop) and asked if she got the discount. She started laughing and said the guy at the store had pointed them out and said to see if I noticed them. I told her I already knew about them because I had read it on here.

Two things though; firstly if I didn't already know about the colour imperfections I doubt I would have noticed them. And secondly, the imperfection on the emblem (that the lining of the emblem is a royal blue rather than a navy blue) seems to be the same colour on the guernsey as it is on the membership package. Therefore I wondered whether the print on the guernsey was actually incorrect or if that is the colour it is meant to be?

Either way couldn't be more happy with the guernsey. I may keep this one to get some autographs on it and buy a new one when they get them in in March/April.

Thanks very much Tom for taking the time to post and explain the situation fully.

Just another example of the improved communication from the MFC, there is so much to like about the way the club does things these days.

Edited by Big Kev

Still chasing on of those NQR tops if someone got one they don't want I'll swap for a proper one when they come in! SMS me 0411580577

I receieved an away jersey with the 'misprints'. They are very, very minor, can hardly notice the different colours.

Are they still selling the 'misprinted' jerseys online or at the Demon shop? I'd be more than happy to buy a 'dodgy' home jersey

Closed until early Jan I think.

On the jumpers: I'm a massive fan, and many MCC members on day 3 agreed. Just one thing, the seams are a bit white - is this a problem, has anyone else noticed?

I have no complaint about the jumpers however I have a small story about the MFC shop.

Just before Christmas my wife ( Collingwood would you believe ) went with my daughter ( not Collingwood thank god ) to buy me one of the new

Polo shirts. They were both very disappointed with the experience.

Both claimed the place was a shemozale with almost nothing of the new range available.

There was old gear all over the place. The staff were nice and tried to be helpful but you cannot sell what you don't have.

Their comment was why advertise the 2011 items when there was no stock.

My wife came home muttering about no wonder we cannot beat the "PIES"

I am still living with the negative comments on the 30th.

I think in some areas the club still has a ways to go before we can match the top clubs!

I have no complaint about the jumpers however I have a small story about the MFC shop.

Just before Christmas my wife ( Collingwood would you believe ) went with my daughter ( not Collingwood thank god ) to buy me one of the new

Polo shirts. They were both very disappointed with the experience.

Both claimed the place was a shemozale with almost nothing of the new range available.

There was old gear all over the place. The staff were nice and tried to be helpful but you cannot sell what you don't have.

Their comment was why advertise the 2011 items when there was no stock.

My wife came home muttering about no wonder we cannot beat the "PIES"

I am still living with the negative comments on the 30th.

I think in some areas the club still has a ways to go before we can match the top clubs!

I was not long before xmas also mate, and I can say that this is all true.

However - there are reasons. I went in the Friday before the Barassi signing and the launch of the new demons. The place was a mess because it was being rebranded the Demon Shop and stuff was being moved around in preparation for the Barassi signing.

There was no new stock on sale because they had pretty much all been pulled. The jumpers for the reason we all know about and the polo shirts, training singlets etc because the logo was peeling off and inferior.

This had only been noticed that week I think, hence it still being on the website.