Looking for Supporters

Jordie_tackles

Ok i am a 22 year old Melbourne supporter looking for other similar in age supporters to go to the footy with in 2011 (None of my friends support this great club). People who enjoy a beer at the footy, and even after, last time i was a member i did go to the footy on my own which is less fun,

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go with my parents 70% of the time but other times I am in the standing room area directly on the wing in the Southern Stand, Gate 6, AFL members. There's always a group of regulars standing around there. Great area to have a few beers or 10 and cheer on the Dees!

The best thing I can suggest is to buy a reserved seat. You'll get to sit next to the same people week in week out and over time you develop a footy relationship with them.

I for one would feel a bit sad if I didn't get to experience the joy of a premiership with the guys I sit next to nearly every week, who share my ridiculous passion and whom I've shared many a high-fives/ face-palm moments with over the year.

I'm 23 and I go with my old man. It's our bonding session :P

There's something just so sentimental in going to the footy with the old man. Love it.

If you get a Dees membership you can sit with fellow supporters can't you?? I'm an AFL Member with Melbourne club support.

I'm 23 and I go with my old man. It's our bonding session :P

There's something just so sentimental in going to the footy with the old man. Love it.

If you get a Dees membership you can sit with fellow supporters can't you?? I'm an AFL Member with Melbourne club support.

I'm the same! I'm 27 and I go with the old man, and my little bloke. It's great that we can all go and watch our boys play!

I dream of the day all three of us can watch the Dees play in a premiership! I feel giddy just thinking about it!

Gippy

I'm the same! I'm 27 and I go with the old man, and my little bloke. It's great that we can all go and watch our boys play!

I dream of the day all three of us can watch the Dees play in a premiership! I feel giddy just thinking about it!

Gippy

I would have thought you'd feel "gippy" just thinking about it!! :P

Yeh I DREAM of the day me and my old man can rejoice and see the Dees win a Premiership live at the MCG. Dad was 5 when we last won a flag (and 3 months in '59 and 1 in '60). Hopefully there's one around the corner... and then some! :)

I think a lot of men go to a lot of their games with their dads. It's a part of the culture, although it's becoming more of a family thing now.

I second the reserved seat recommendation. I don't have one, but you're guaranteed to be sitting with a bunch of passionate, hardcore Melbourne fans. Otherwise, you can always hang around the standing room areas, because each bay has a group of regulars.

Am I the only one who would prefer going to the footy by myself?

Sometimes I think I'm a bit abnormal :P

No you`re not. I prefer going alone and usually do, but don`t mind going with a few others occasionally as long as they don`t speak to me during the game.

Ok i am a 22 year old Melbourne supporter looking for other similar in age supporters to go to the footy with in 2011 (None of my friends support this great club). People who enjoy a beer at the footy, and even after, last time i was a member i did go to the footy on my own which is less fun,

Thanks

you can join our wolf pack!

me and my mate have red and blue seats on the hff (m16)

I go nucking futs when I sit by myself.

I need my mates to laugh off those moments that you inwardly can't stand:

Brucey's helicopters, Beamer's no-hopers, PJ's presence, Newton's presence, etc.

I think a lot of men go to a lot of their games with their dads. It's a part of the culture, although it's becoming more of a family thing now.

Yep - going with the old man has that sentimental value I referred to earlier. It's something special. :)

No you`re not. I prefer going alone and usually do, but don`t mind going with a few others occasionally as long as they don`t speak to me during the game.

I don't mind some chat directly related to the game, but otherwise talk is for the breaks :)

I second the reserved seat recommendation. I don't have one, but you're guaranteed to be sitting with a bunch of passionate, hardcore Melbourne fans. Otherwise, you can always hang around the standing room areas, because each bay has a group of regulars.

My dad goes for Collingwood... Cooked

Times that I end up at games alone, seem to always have another teams supporter want to chat and politely critique the opposition, when all I want to do is get stuck in!!

Feel free to join me and my crew in the Redlegs (reserved seats).

Joining the redlegs this year. With a 2 & 1 yr old, they are about to join their dad to get an understanding of the red & blue blood handed down.

Usually stand around M16 and will miss that. Few beers and cheers with fellow supporters you meet on the odd occasion is fantastic.

The best half hour this year was being squeezed in against carlton, the place jumped when we got a bit of a move on. I will miss the standing room :(

I was a red leg member but upgrade to Trident the last couple of years. No offence but I found the Red Leg members a little on the old side and the Hassett room sometimes reminded me of a retirement village. I have found the Trident side a little younger, the bar is good and you often find yourself drinking with Past players and officials as the Presidents Function is right next door. I have sent an e-mail to the club, asking that they make the Jim Stynes Room in the olympic stand our Social club it is a great spot to have a drink and watch the footy.

you want your mates there, but the worst is getting stuck next to somebody who is not really interested... have you ever ended up next to a mate's girlfriend or something, who has no interest in the sport whatsoever but has tagged along purely for the social aspect? chewing your ear off about some rubbish while the game is on, and you are trying very hard to pretend to be engaged in conversation but you are monitoring every second of the action on field.. then something big happens and you let out a scream or whatever while she's mid-sentence and you just want to say 'can't you see i'm watching a game of footy!?'

Brucey's helicopters, Beamer's no-hopers, PJ's presence, Newton's presence, etc.

aha, yes me exactly the same.

you want your mates there, but the worst is getting stuck next to somebody who is not really interested... have you ever ended up next to a mate's girlfriend or something, who has no interest in the sport whatsoever but has tagged along purely for the social aspect? chewing your ear off about some rubbish while the game is on, and you are trying very hard to pretend to be engaged in conversation but you are monitoring every second of the action on field.. then something big happens and you let out a scream or whatever while she's mid-sentence and you just want to say 'can't you see i'm watching a game of footy!?'

My wife, when we we first got together, she used to come all the time. Which was fine by me but it all came to a head during that 2002 Semi Final against Adelaide.

We got lumped in with some Adelaide ferals and after they blew us away in the 1st qtr they were more than happy to share how good they were. The 2nd and 3rd qtr, to this day is some of the best football I have seen a MFC 22 put together. It was scintillating stuff, Vardys goal, TJ's ripper (and game). Well, I was at my finest and let those ferals know all about it.

Unfortunately there was one more qtr to be played, which I wont detail too much other than I was very silent and copped it from all angles.

At least the footy is now mine B)

EDIT: I'm mostly in a red sox jumper and black cap with the initals PJ, anyone that recogonises, stop me and am always happy for a chat & a brew.

Edited by Demon Hill

aha, yes me exactly the same.

Me too. I'm more at ease with mates or family around me. Pretty quiet actually.

But, if I happen to venture into the G by myself I'm not the same....almost Hulk like...scary. (ie. the blood pressure rises when Bruce gives off a hospital handball and there is a resultant turnover with a teammate hurt) :unsure:

I turn green when the opposition capitalise on the error with 6 points. Probably through lack of oxygen.

Me too. I'm more at ease with mates or family around me.

If I happen to venture into the G by myself I'm not the same....almost Hulk like...scary. :unsure:

I always hate it when the stars align so that i have to go it alone.. but the silver lining is that you pop on the headphones and get into an insular, zen-like state and absorb the contest in the fullest way possible

Me too. I'm more at ease with mates or family around me. Pretty quiet actually.

But, if I happen to venture into the G by myself I'm not the same....almost Hulk like...scary. (ie. the blood pressure rises when Bruce gives off a hospital handball and there is a resultant turnover with a teammate hurt) :unsure:

I turn green when the opposition capitalise on the error with 6 points. Probably through lack of oxygen.

See the McMahon thread for a brilliant display of Bruce's finest in that regard!