Fev A Dee, Ridiculous or Just Crazy?

Redleg

Before you all howl me down and seek to get me committed consider this idea. It appears that the Lions are prepared to pay Fev out a certain amount of his package and release him even if nothing comes of the latest allegation. If they were to pay him say $1.5M instead of $1.9M and did it with say $500K this year and $1M next year they would save $450K this year and with about $350K saved on Rischitelli they could pay all their other players and keep them.

Here goes the crazy part, the Dees then take him and pay him $200K a year which makes up his original package with the Lions for the next two years, with a strict get out clause and contract cancellation if he misbehaves at all in the next two years. Oh and by the way we would give the Lions our last pick in the draft for the trade.

What do Demonlanders think. I am waiting for the men in white coats with the straight jackets to arrive.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cultural cancer. PR nightmare for our club. He doesn't at all fit the image we have cultivated for the MFC.

Even moreso, his body is giving up on him and we don't really need him.

Sorry redleg, but you have me worried.

... maybe Carlton could use him though?

Before you all howl me down and seek to get me committed consider this idea. It appears that the Lions are prepared to pay Fev out a certain amount of his package and release him even if nothing comes of the latest allegation. If they were to pay him say $1.5M instead of $1.9M and did it with say $500K this year and $1M next year they would save $450K this year and with about $350K saved on Rischitelli they could pay all their other players and keep them.

Here goes the crazy part, the Dees then take him and pay him $200K a year which makes up his original package with the Lions for the next two years, with a strict get out clause and contract cancellation if he misbehaves at all in the next two years. Oh and by the way we would give the Lions our last pick in the draft for the trade.

What do Demonlanders think. I am waiting for the men in white coats with the straight jackets to arrive.

I don't think Melbourne has weeded out those it considers a bad influence on the team to recruit someone who would do more damage.

Cultural cancer. PR nightmare for our club. He doesn't at all fit the image we have cultivated for the MFC.

Even moreso, his body is giving up on him and we don't really need him.

Sorry redleg, but you have me worried.

... maybe Carlton could use him though?

'Cultural cancer' - that's the best description I've heard about him. Having said that, Redleg might have a point? Surely, surely, everyone grows up at some stage? Surely? Big body in the square will allow Jurrah, Watts, Pettard, Wonna, Green etc to run amok.

Surely that front lobal part of the brain is coming together?

Red it's not that looney an idea in principle. It's just theres so much that could go south. He'd be that perfect fit as as stay at home forward ... Price would be good I agree but as others already suggest the risk of negatvie cultural influence is the big negative.

Like your lateral approach though :)

Guest hangon007

Red it's not that looney an idea in principle. It's just theres so much that could go south. He'd be that perfect fit as as stay at home forward ... Price would be good I agree but as others already suggest the risk of negatvie cultural influence is the big negative.

Like your lateral approach though demon_smile.gif

CS made mention of it last week in the ustream broadcast. I'm no body language expert & he seemed to brush it off with his comments ... which I can't recall exactly.

Maybe somebody else has better recall than me.

Definetly we should try to get him!

The aim of the game is to win premierships.........look at Todd Carney for the NRL roosters, was worse than Fev and now the Dally M player of the year.....look at Stevie J............Fev just needs a mentor and some guidance and he will be a great player!!

Gives our young forwards time to develop as well

Love the idea

cons:

-the main problem is he will be 30 at the start of next year

-obvious negative influence

-if he screws up its a waste

pros:

-could really help the team win a grandfinal

-possible 70 goal a season for the next 3 years

-provide a step ladder for jurrah

could see why we would, could see why we wouldnt

Served Fev at a F&C shop most weekdends a few years ago, a lovely guy on the surface, very good with Alex's kids.

He is a talent. If all things went well it is not outside the realms of possibility that he could kick 100 goals.

In terms of "type" he is exactly what our forward line is looking for. Gorilla stay at home forward.

Given his position he only a little bit too old, Hall is still playing, potentially a few years in him.

i'm trying really hard here, but I can't get him anywhere near it.

They're outside your house right now.

Please put down all sharp objects and leave peacefully.

I am the bald one!

Agree with you Whispering Jack

and the answer is YES it is Ridiculous and Yes it is Crazy!

They're outside your house right now.

Please put down all sharp objects and leave peacefully.

Well many posters will add me to this list-as I don't think it is as Silly or ridiculous as you may think. Fevola could indeed fill that hole as we all have subscribed- a big tall forward- if he got paid out and we put him on a performance salary with strict conditions-- it may just be worth a very little consideration.

Well many posters will add me to this list-as I don't think it is as Silly or ridiculous as you may think. Fevola could indeed fill that hole as we all have subscribed- a big tall forward- if he got paid out and we put him on a performance salary with strict conditions-- it may just be worth a very little consideration.

Sorry to be so negative "Jayceebee31" but the "very little consideration" would be about 1 second for me.

NO

.. Redleg might have a point? Surely, surely, everyone grows up at some stage?

Surely that front lobal part of the brain is coming together?

Two words that dampen that hope....

Shane Warne

He is a talent. In terms of "type" he is exactly what our forward line is looking for. Gorilla stay at home forward.

He is exactly what Carlton and Brisbane need but they are both ready to go to great pain to get rid of him

TOXIC.

I can only think he has all the charm that Mark "Jacko" Jackson brought to MFC. Talented gorilla forward that was a fruitcake

...if he got paid out and we put him on a performance salary with strict conditions-- it may just be worth a very little consideration.

Its exactly what he had at Brisbane and its those alleged breaches that they are getting rid of him.

If he did not abide to the strict conditions then it will cost the Club alot of consideration (eg Carlton and Brisbane)

I would have thought that Fevola, Lovett and a few other cases would have and should have taught most watchers about punting on faulty goods. You put the blindfold and spin the barrel of the gun and....

Listen to the man. His idea has some merit.

We could package up Travis Johnstone in the deal and get Mark "Jacko" Jackson back to the fold as their personal trainer and mentor.

FEV IS INNOCENT

I'm in Malaysia right now and almost spat my Nasi Lemak on the keyboard when I read this...

If the club even considered taking Fevola I would fair dinkum lose it. We're building a strong culture within the club, why would we take a guy like this when we've recently got rid of the likes of Carroll, Johnstone & McLean?

Ridiculous & crazy!

Edited by Jarka