• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for next week

s-t-i-n-g-a

Bail can't be dropped. The guy was running HARD right up until the final siren and can take a great overhead mark too.

Did anyone else notice how exhausted the Russian looked today? Is Rasputin teetering after a hard season of almost-solo rucking? If he's struggling, give him the week off. In form, he'll demolish the Hawks. Injured, he'll never lead us to a premiership cup.

Bail's quickly becoming a favourite of mine. His gut running is fantastic to watch. He simply runs from flank to flank and wins possession. There was one moment during today's game where he burst through the pack, spun and hit Green (I think it was) on the chest. Great to watch. He certainly gets another game for mine.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Watts, I think too many people expect him to come out & be Nick Riewoldt Mk II.

It just won't happen; it's just not his game.

I've said since mid last year he'll be like a taller Pendlebury and I think the more he gets the footy, the more he looks like that.

Calm sidestep, stop, prop, find an option and hit it lace out.

Like Dunn in the 4th.

Get used to it.

We were slow against the tigers today. Harsh as some see it but James MCD does little for the team now. Jones is better than McKenzie at this time as he has some outside to his game. McKenzie has little in this area. Jurrah and Watts need to grow in confidence therefore will continue. With Green and Dunne doing so well up forward, its wasting space playing Miller. (Bate, Morton Warnock Maric must come in before Miller) It's been a long year PJ has to stay. One ruck asks too much of the one remaining ruck. If by chance we did get to the finals, Jamar would be pooped. We need two rucks. The club is ruining Morton. They have got to find a spot for him as he is too good to mess around. Unhappy players go else where and Bailey has shown he doen't cope well with unhappy players. (EG C Johnson, S Buckley) He prefers to get rid of them. Morton is not the only young player unhappy with their treatment by the coaching staff. ( inside information)

We were slow against the tigers today. Harsh as some see it but James MCD does little for the team now. Jones is better than McKenzie at this time as he has some outside to his game. McKenzie has little in this area. Jurrah and Watts need to grow in confidence therefore will continue. With Green and Dunne doing so well up forward, its wasting space playing Miller. (Bate, Morton Warnock Maric must come in before Miller) It's been a long year PJ has to stay. One ruck asks too much of the one remaining ruck. If by chance we did get to the finals, Jamar would be pooped. We need two rucks. The club is ruining Morton. They have got to find a spot for him as he is too good to mess around. Unhappy players go else where and Bailey has shown he doen't cope well with unhappy players. (EG C Johnson, S Buckley) He prefers to get rid of them. Morton is not the only young player unhappy with their treatment by the coaching staff. ( inside information)

I just thought you were your average MFC supporter; keen to dwell on the negative, and constantly looking for it.

But that last line is something else.

Looking past the fact that the brackets should be inside the full stop, I have to say that claiming the 'coaching staff' has lost a few of the younger players is inflammatory. And then claiming inside information where you won't revel the source makes it incendiary.

I don't know if you think that passing along grumblings amongst the playing group is your right. Because it is.

But I will temper you, and everyone else reading your provocative post, with the fact that grumblings amongst over 40 grown men in a highly competitive industry is common place and hardly newsworthy.

If anyone is unhappy - I say, and I hope Bailey says (as I am sure he did to Buckley, and I know he did to Johnson (heh)) get in line or get lost - we are going to win a premiership.

And we'll run over anyone in the way...

Edited by rpfc

Is next weeks game v Hawks free entry for home members? Anyone know?

Yep - it most certainly is, mate! This is due to the Darwin game we hosted.

Yep - it most certainly is, mate! This is due to the Darwin game we hosted.

Thanks mate! Hope to bring an entourage of supporters with me. Most likely end up at the City end for those 'Away' games..? Cheer Squad end.

Thanks mate! Hope to bring an entourage of supporters with me. Most likely end up at the City end for those 'Away' games..? Cheer Squad end.

I'm AFL Member with Melbourne club support... so I'm right on the opposite wing to the interchange bench - 2nd level.

[

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter at hand are that Moloney is surely on the cusp of being out for too long to come straight back in now. If that's the case then no change.

Agree.

Miller is a chance. 10 goals will see the FD at least think of replacing PJ with Miller.

They wont.

Rivers = Very important part of team structure.

Get your head around it he isn't going anywhere.

Hmmm. Rivers did his job against a no name. He did give away two goals for crude tackle on Cousins and an unnecessary push on Graham. He wont be dropped but he does not want to slip up in the vital floating third up tall role.

I'm giggling at all those posts calling for Jones to be omitted. Gee whizzo.

Agree

Wow!! I thought Scully was excepetional today. Especially his last quarter. Wow??!

And he wants to drop Watts as well with 5 goal assists!! Where is that fellow from Star Trek?

The club is ruining Morton. They have got to find a spot for him as he is too good to mess around. Unhappy players go else where and Bailey has shown he doen't cope well with unhappy players. (EG C Johnson, S Buckley) He prefers to get rid of them. Morton is not the only young player unhappy with their treatment by the coaching staff. ( inside information)

How dare they make Morton play accountably?

And we just haven't filled the gaps left by CJ and S Buckley!!

And a footballer not getting a game is unhappy...get out of here.

Your persistent and malevolent sledges on the coaching staff are veering further into the ridiculous. You should also consider who you mix with. Your inside information would be best kept that way. B)

I said this last week and the week before. Bennell when playing forward plays on their most dangerous rebounding defender and usually doe sa bloody good job, he then has the pace and skills to hurt going the other way.

MMM spoke about Bennel with DB yesterday pre game and no way will Bennel get dropped.

If Moloney comes in I think it will be for Bail.

Have I missed something?

What happened to Morton?

Was he injured?

Did not play for Casey or Melbourne yesterday.

What is the situation with him?

As long as there are no injuries I doubt there will be a change for next week.

Moloney if back will be via Casey after three weeks off.

We all know Millar is too good at AFL level

but are you going to take out Watts, Green, LJ or Dunn from yesterdays team! I doubt it.

PJ played better than Jamar yesterday and I think he is necessary, we need a real ruckman

as back up for Jamar. Imagine yesterday without him.

For mine Bennel is the weak link

but Bailey and company love him so doubt there will be a change there.

Looks "Unchanged" to me

They have got to find a spot for him as he is too good to mess around. Unhappy players go else where and Bailey has shown he doen't cope well with unhappy players. (EG C Johnson, S Buckley) He prefers to get rid of them. Morton is not the only young player unhappy with their treatment by the coaching staff. ( inside information)

What a shame we haven't got Johnson and Buckley clogging our list. And pick 11 for Mclean what a disaster.

You don't give players games because they are unhappy. If and I say a big "if" a player does not respond well to demotion and criticism it is the player's not the club's problem. You attack the problem at it's root. Cale Morton could be a terrific player. Get him to practice his short kicking, work on his decision making, do some hard in close work and hopefully with another season or two with the protein shakes and in the gym he will be capable of playing any position on the ground.

At the moment in every position on the ground the footy dept believe we have a better option. It really is as simple as that.

Edited by dandeeman

I've heard Beama may have reinjured himself also (?)

They reported on Canberra radio that Beamer had injured a quad at training on Friday. Not sure about reliability, but if it's accurate it seems like a new injury.

In my opinion, changes will depend on what Melbourne want from this season. If this season is still all about getting games into youngster with a focus on the future, no change with Maloney coming back through Casey.

If they want to win games and do something in finals this year, and if I was a selector (obviously I'm not, never will be), I would make a couple of changes that I don't think anyone else will agree with.

In: Miller, Moloney

Out: Watts, Scully

Right now Miller gives more to the team than Watts, even without the ten goals yesterday, taking out age, potential development and planning for the future, his average game is better than Jacks. I think Watts will be a superstar, and he is progressing ok, but he is not in the team at the moment based on performance. Miller is in form at the lower level, and deserves to be promoted based on 10 goals, and hard work. It also sends a message that players will be picked on form. It's hard to justify dropping Jones when Watts still gets a game. He was not bad today, but out of the players that Miller would be competing with, Watts, Jurah, Dunn and maybe Green, the other three were better today.

I also believe, that on current form Scully should make way for Moloney, who is clearly best 22 and plays a similar role. Again, not popular, but Scully's disposal is not up to AFL standard at the moment. He gets a lot of touches, and works his heart out, but often he handballs to teammates feet, and bombs it long to contests, or his passes are not accurate enough so it ends up being a contest. I think he will be very good, and I love his work rate, but his disposal needs serious work if he is going to be the champion that I hope he will be. At this stage he has gone straight from junior football to the highest league, so he might be trying to do too much. Maybe a couple of weeks at Casey with the slower pace will give him a chance to work on his weaknesses.

But if we are picking the side for the future, next week’s not that important and Molony can come back through Casey, and Miller can start thinking about next year.

I would only makes these changes if we want to win next week and want to win some finals, otherwise, no change.

If you ever make it to being a selector we'll have to launch a new demolition initiative to remove you.

However, I also thought Dunn should not be on an AFL list, Joel MacDonald and Rohan Bail were bad draft picks, and we should have hung onto Simon Buckley.

However, I also thought Dunn should not be on an AFL list, Joel MacDonald and Rohan Bail were bad draft picks, and we should have hung onto Simon Buckley.

this says it all....seriously Watts and Scully dropped :huh:

I can see only Moloney or Morton being the only two, who are a possible selection for next week. Therefore it has to be a similar type going out. That either has to be Jones or Bail.

Bennell does get mentioned alot and he doesnt have big stats, but when he touches it, the game can change, so i would keep him in.

I nearly fell of the chair when read someone suggested Scully, He was on fire in the last quarter when the game was in the balance.

As for Watts this fella, continues to impress with his touches and is gaining confidence week by week.

I feel Miller's career has been stamped and will only play if someone gets injured and even then, they would choose Bate first.

Miller has had his chances. If hes smart he should go to the Gold Coast.

I think Miller is ahead of Bate. Bate struggled in the VFL.

Re: Watts, I think too many people expect him to come out & be Nick Riewoldt Mk II.

It just won't happen; it's just not his game.

I've said since mid last year he'll be like a taller Pendlebury and I think the more he gets the footy, the more he looks like that.

Calm sidestep, stop, prop, find an option and hit it lace out.

Like Dunn in the 4th.

Get used to it.

J Hird? I liked Jack's game yesterday and he showed plenty of nous.

For mine most likely no change is the first option. It ain't broke why fix ? But we need tounderstand that Hawks will come a lot harder and be more restrictive than the Toiges, but still who is dropped, who is elevated and for why ? Nothing jumps out to me . Beamer ought to come via magoos now if indeed he plays anywhere this coming week. Nice game Miller but who should make way ?

Dees playing well together ... Be careful where you tinker.

No change unless required by injuries

Wow. Where do I start with this post.

Every TV commentator was salivating at how fast Melbourne runs, spreads and moves the ball. I agree. And we were still running at the end. Not sure what game you watched.

McKenzie has been a revelation this year - its hard to have much outside when you are the one inside getting the pill!! But the few times I have seen him receiving and giving he has proved to be pretty good.

"The club is ruining Morton" - ROTFL - yep Morton is unhappy. But until he plays more defensively like the coaches want (and have told him repeatedly) he won't get back into the team. Morton more than any other player has been given an armchair ride to get games under his belt. Some might say he has had it too easy. A bit like the spoiled kid that doesn't have to work hard to get what he wants. Cale will learn. And he won't want to miss out on the next few years at the Dees. Oh, and the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree so when you look at his two brothers they also have difficulties with their coaches because they are perhaps too pigheaded to play the way the coach wants. Mitch Morton has only just got back into the Toiges side because Hardwick is trying to teach him to play a more team orientated game.

As for DB not coping too well with players that are unhappy you have given me my first big belly laugh for the week. (thanks!) You could have added McLean to the list as well. Buckley was "uncoachable" according to one of the coaches I spoke to - wouldn't listen or do what was asked. He hasn't yet played a game at the Filth so maybe he hasn't learned a thing or maybe he is just not good enough. McLean was dropped for his lack of defensive effort. Didn't like it and left - great. Johnson was similar and hasn't set the world on fire either. No-one is lamenting the loss of any one of them.

On the other hand, Dunn, Warnock and Bate have had spells at Casey to learn their craft the way the coaches want them to play. I applaud the coaches for this stance and can see readily that if you don't want to play the way the coach wants you are out. Warnock is doing great guns, Dunn has improved dramatically and Bate will learn his lesson. Let's hope Morton does as well.

I nearly forgot your Junior comment. Ignorance at its best. Martin will finish top 2 or 3 in the Toiges B&F. Gun midfielder. Junior taught him a lesson. You couldn't have been watching could you?

Edited by jnrmac

They reported on Canberra radio that Beamer had injured a quad at training on Friday. Not sure about reliability, but if it's accurate it seems like a new injury.

Correct. Corky is fixed. Thigh/quad now injured.

I thought I would add a bit about players that have been 'dropped', was at the Paddock to watch training on Saturday morning, DB had a long chat with Cale Morton when training finished, (at least five minutes) one on one out on the field, Morton did not seem too unhappy....Spoke to Nev Jetta on Sunday, he has been told to learn more about a midfield role, busting a gut to get back in, but realises he has to just keep trying.....also spoke to Danny Hughes at training, he has probs with ankles but is getting nothing but encouragement from Training staff

Edited by satyricon