Addam Maric

Rocknroll

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his late turnover, Maric's game was pleasing today.

Just watched the replay and his harassment and second-efforts certainly stood out on the second viewing. Would have been nice if he finished off his shot on goal in the second term, but definitely a game to build upon.

Personally hope he holds his spot for next week as I still believe he has a lot to offer the team long-term.

I know people will call me a Maric-hater/basher/whatever but I just saw little from him yesterday. He was slow, hesitant, didn't showcase the kicking he was drafted for, and didn't really have an influence on the game. I did like his repeat efforts though.

Almost no doubt in my mind he'll be dropped next week. Sure, he did some nice things here and there, but there is absolutely no way he is going to hold any of McDonald, Moloney or Trengove out of the team.

The whole "he needs to be given a few games" argument is all well and good, but Maric won't be the unluckiest to miss out on a spot when those 3 players come back.

Exactly how I feel. He wasn't terrible, but he was clearly number 22 of 22 and with the talent we may well be bringing back this week he won't make the cut.

I know people will call me a Maric-hater/basher/whatever but I just saw little from him yesterday. He was slow, hesitant, didn't showcase the kicking he was drafted for, and didn't really have an influence on the game. I did like his repeat efforts though.

Exactly how I feel. He wasn't terrible, but he was clearly number 22 of 22 and with the talent we may well be bringing back this week he won't make the cut.

I am not a fan BUT He should stay in, he was probably scared of making a mistake as he knows his career is on the line.

Give him another go next week, I think he did enough to get another chance.

Now is the time to find out if he has it at senior level, after all we are not playing for the premiership!

I am not a fan BUT He should stay in, he was probably scared of making a mistake as he knows his career is on the line.

Give him another go next week, I think he did enough to get another chance.

Now is the time to find out if he has it at senior level, after all we are not playing for the premiership!

Your last line is spot on. I thought he played very well and created many opportunities for us with his defensive pressure and passing. Moloney and Trengove might need another week and Junior was not in the best players for Casey and they may not want him to fly this week.

Edited by Redleg

Your last line is spot on. I thought he played very well and created many opportunities for us with his defensive pressure and passing. Moloney and Trengove might need another week and Junior was not in the best players for Casey and they may not want him to fly this week.

I agree that the only thing that will keep Maric in the side is continued injuries.

Maric chased, tackled, showed his speed at times and had a couple of centimetre perfect, lace-out kicks.

He did have a bad turnover, but he showed enough tricks to keep him in the side. His spin out of trouble

and burst away from the pack in the backline was fantastic. Maric definitely deserves another game.

At the end of the game he was on the boundary line next to Bailey. Dean said something to him and the young fella broke into a smile. Maybe he told him he’s got a game next week. Reckon they will bring Trengove back through Casey.

Maric is good...he could be something..but he needs to work at it and make it his game. Hes still young cop him some slack. Some of us have seen glimpses of brilliance. If we canbring that to a consistent game and alllow him develop his talent to AFL levels...you wont be dissapointed. He creates spac and time. I saw that inanother..a certain Aaron davey against Richmond many years ago. They are differnt and will be but he has something and as he grows so wil his game.

Why do Trengove, Mcdonald and Moloney all come straight back in? we just played our best game of football in how many years? This may push the competitiveness of spots within the team to another level? if these types of players are kept out. And i do understand that these players are all best 22 but when you are out of the team very few if any players should be given an easy way back in after such a performance, just my opinion.

Personally I love Maric's game.

His precise delivery will be a thing of beauty as he develops.

I just hope he can keep his spot for the rest of the season.

I agree that the only thing that will keep Maric in the side is continued injuries.

Spot on.

I would not gloss too much on Maric's game at this point. In a game which was devoid of sustained opposition pressure, Maric just went without doing anything that stood out as special. He may well get better as a player but I thought he did little to command a spot ahead of more accomplished players.

Spot on.

I would not gloss too much on Maric's game at this point. In a game which was devoid of sustained opposition pressure, Maric just went without doing anything that stood out as special. He may well get better as a player but I thought he did little to command a spot ahead of more accomplished players.

You were watching a different game to me then. I thought he did a number of good things. His pressure was good, his second efforts were terrific and he had I think two goal assists. He made some errors but I would expect him to learn from them.

Whether he gets to stay in the team tho will depend on the match ups. I thought the Coaches picked the right team for their game plan against the Swans. I have confidence they wil do that again against Bris.

You were watching a different game to me then. I thought he did a number of good things. His pressure was good, his second efforts were terrific and he had I think two goal assists. He made some errors but I would expect him to learn from them.

Whether he gets to stay in the team tho will depend on the match ups. I thought the Coaches picked the right team for their game plan against the Swans. I have confidence they wil do that again against Bris.

It's all relative to the other players performances, roles and availability.

I think he did quite well, but was he good enough to keep Moloney, Trengove or Junior out of the side? I doubt it.

Was he better than any of the others demons players on the field that day? Maybe a few, but certainly not all of them.

Was he better than the other players that are available to play his role, whether they played that day or not?

Good question.

For now, I'd say no. Depends on who is fit.

But i'd like to see him keep his spot if at all reasonable.

I have not rated him before - I've not seen any reason for him to have a guernsey before last Sunday - and it's too soon to rate him now.

All that can be said is that he showed a bit...a bit of pace, a bit of dash, a bit of defensive pressure and some skill by foot.

He did not get a lot of it but he gave reason to believe the recruiters were not totally off the pace when they drafted him (although 21 still looks a bit high).

He should get another run but then, we need to find room for tapscott before the year is out as well as bring back grimes, jnr etc. Keep him this week for confidence sake and then see how he goes.

I would love to see addam run around in the red and blue for a couple of games before the end of the year. By all reports he is getting some touches in the magoos and I have always liked him. I though he might have a break out year this year but has struggled to make an impact.

I reckon he needs 2-3 games to show his value. Love to have a little goal sneak in the side like Milne or a La Cras. However I am struggling to find a player to drop for him.

2-3 games might give us some value to shop him around if trade if he doesnt peform.

Where do you guys see Maric's Future?

Watching him against the Swans I could not seeing him being dropped. He looked good in a side that could not do wrong. I did like his efforts around the ball (like the rest of MFC, especially Bartrams 2 awesome tackles, sent shivers down my spine)

Everyone looked good.

The question is whether he did what the coaches asked of him.

Junior will come back this week.

Moloney probably.

Trengove won't.

They may REST Scully or McKenzie given their workload. This will see Maric retain his spot. If they don't REST players and there are no injuries then i think he may be very unlucky.

He needs to keep building on that performance. It will be interesting to see how he goes in the team when things aren't going so well.