The Run Home

Road2Recovery

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is our draw for the last eight rounds

Essendon at the G

Freo at Subi

Sydney at the G

Brisbane at the Gabba

Richmond at the G

Hawthorn at the G

Port at AAMI

North at the G

Just interested to know where you guys think we will finish. Personally I think we will get three more wins to finish at 12th.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reckon we might only win 2 more but our draw (2p) will just float above a pack

Essendon at the G

Freo at Subi

Sydney at the G

Brisbane at the Gabba

Richmond at the G

Hawthorn at the G

Port at AAMI

North at the G

Just interested to know where you guys think we will finish. Personally I think we will get three more wins to finish at 12th.

I think Essendon, Richmond and North. With Sydney here possible

I would like to think we can finish above the bottom four and I would be pretty happy with that progression.

I'm not sure that we will win anything more than 2 which would be disappointing. I say this because other than interstate sides and Richmond we still can't beat any other Victorian teams.

A win this weekend would improve this situation.

I reckon we can do it and our best this season has proven that. Just not sure right now.

Essendon at the G = WIN. They're in horrible form, and with the potential return of Jurrah & Sylvia our forward line looks a little more potent. Loss of Grimes hurts, but I think Bail can come in and cover him pretty well. We'll get up in a close one.

Freo at Subi = LOSS. Interstate, enough said.

Sydney at the G = WIN. I think we topple the Swannies. Their form isn't great, and although they probably need to beat us in order to play finals footy, I just think we play the G too well. If the Tiges can do it, then we can too!

Brisbane at the Gabba = LOSS. Interstate, enough said.

Richmond at the G = WIN. I think the Tiges will hit a trough soon, as with their young team, they'll find out they can't be on a high for too much longer. Their kids will start to tire ala Melbourne rounds 5-8.

Hawthorn at the G = LOSS. Hawks are flying and I don't expect them to stop anytime soon.

Port at AAMI = LOSS. We can't win at football park. Simple as that. Although if we're ever going to break the run, this will be it.

North at the G = WIN. We'll break our losing streak against the Roos. For no other reason than its the last game I'll see live for 2 years!!

So that will be 4 wins. Lock it in!!

Essendon at the G = WIN. They're in horrible form, and with the potential return of Jurrah & Sylvia our forward line looks a little more potent. Loss of Grimes hurts, but I think Bail can come in and cover him pretty well. We'll get up in a close one.

Sydney at the G = WIN. I think we topple the Swannies. Their form isn't great, and although they probably need to beat us in order to play finals footy, I just think we play the G too well. If the Tiges can do it, then we can too!

Richmond at the G = WIN. I think the Tiges will hit a trough soon, as with their young team, they'll find out they can't be on a high for too much longer. Their kids will start to tire ala Melbourne rounds 5-8.

Hawthorn at the G = LOSS. Hawks are flying and I don't expect them to stop anytime soon.

Port at AAMI = LOSS. We can't win at football park. Simple as that. Although if we're ever going to break the run, this will be it.

North at the G = WIN. We'll break our losing streak against the Roos. For no other reason than its the last game I'll see live for 2 years!!

I love the optimism but I think 2-3 wins at most will be closer too the mark, Keep in mind a very Shite WetCoke beat us at the G. Jurrah & Col are big additions but I still think 2 wins is what we will end up with, Thus scraping through for a pass.

Doesn't sound too unreasonable at all and I would 100% agree with your outlook, dees_rule.

HOWEVER... as a young side and vastly inexperienced... we will drop 1-2 of those "wins" (aka vs Eagles at home!!) and perhaps pull out a ripper vs Brissy/North. You really can't pre-empt what will happen with our group.

It all depends on the Forward line, if Jurrah & Sylvia can find some form we may win some games. If the Forward line does not fire we will not win another game this year.

Right now opposition Clubs have all our bases and strategies covered-they know how to beat us.

Hope i am wrong guys, but right now we are easy meat-Which makes next weekends game a good contest because Essendon are no better.

What makes you say that?

Since the Bears game at the 'G all teams have done their homework on the Demons, look at the results since then. We are usually beaten in the first 10 minutes of the Game.

I want to know where the counter strategy is....we were always going to be examined this year.

Losing LJ for the First 14-15 games didn't help, granted. But i have been very disappointed at how early in a match it has been Game Over.

How about you do it? I'm sick of these posts where you rant about this and that in overly generalized terms with no mention of how things could be fixed or anything to back it up.

You missed the saints game, the crows game was a poor outing, the pies game was certainly over in the first ten minutes... There's a reason why our results have gone down of late, our fixture has been very tough, we have hardly any senior leaders, junior has been out and we don't have a forward line.

But whinge away.

2 weeks after the 'bears' game we almost rolled the dogs in the wet. Clearly they had 'figured us out.'

Since the Bears game at the 'G all teams have done their homework on the Demons, look at the results since then. We are usually beaten in the first 10 minutes of the Game.

I want to know where the counter strategy is....we were always going to be examined this year.

Losing LJ for the First 14-15 games didn't help, granted. But i have been very disappointed at how early in a match it has been Game Over.

Probably right in that they have worked us out as our game style is not that difficult really. But we continue to be our own worst enemies due to decision & disposal error's and how easy we make those error's when under pressure. Young side for the most part still will do this, need more game time and confidence in each other.

I've been a bit critical about Bailey and can't say that I have seen much evidence yet of a defensive/hold the ball type mentality that could help in early stages or other periods where we just can't get the ball but I've come around in some part. I understand the reasons that we continue to play OUR way or at least taught our way. Because when we do make better and surer decisions and are clean with our disposal more consistently we will hopefully be pretty difficult to stop regardless of opposition pressure or plans.

Need to have full confidence in each other as Geelong have the last 4-5 years. They don't play much of a plan B or defensive style.

Is it a matter of "other clubs have figured Melbourne out"? Or is it simply "Melbourne is not competitive enough and lacks the skills and fire to start off a game of football"?

Essendon at the G

Freo at Subi

Sydney at the G

Brisbane at the Gabba

Richmond at the G

Hawthorn at the G

Port at AAMI

North at the G

I think if we win this Sunady we could win 4 Sydney Port Brisbane Bummers

If we lose this Sunday its hard to see us beating any one unless we become more competitive

It was always going to be a difficult year with our younger players and a group of older players who have rarely performed well. The next 2 years are going to also be transitional wilth gradual improvement evident. Any body who thinks you can go from 2 spoons to finals in 3 years in the modern football enviorement is not seeeing how difficult it is. If St kilda took 6 years from 2000 to be competetive why would the demons do it in two?

Is it a matter of "other clubs have figured Melbourne out"? Or is it simply "Melbourne is not competitive enough and lacks the skills and fire to start off a game of football"?

Too sharp Deez but dont steal the poor man's thunder. B)

I think we really should win 4 more games.

I think we are definitely capable of that.

I think we are a good chance against Essendon, Richmond and Brisbane (ex Brown, Fev and one or two others they are putrid atm).

We are definitely a chance against the Swans, North and Port.

Garbage.

Bailey has been seeking the side to play like the Bears game for the whole time he has been there. I know an opposition assistant coach who clearly outlined what MFC's strategy was two years ago. The issue is how effectively you implement it.

Its bone naive to think that one good win and all other Clubs cry "Get the tape what are they doing?". Its clear that the WB, Port and Collingwood had not watched the tape. :wacko:

Prior to our three wins in a row teams would have focused on their own game and not been too worried about what we did. After that they started to realize that of we got our game plan going we could be damaging hence a bit more planning. The Norf & Cartel games were two where we were outcoached in spectacular fashion. Games we should have been in with a shot. And for WCE to beat us was a huge poor effort from us.

Prior to our three wins in a row teams would have focused on their own game and not been too worried about what we did. After that they started to realize that of we got our game plan going we could be damaging hence a bit more planning. The Norf & Cartel games were two where we were outcoached in spectacular fashion. Games we should have been in with a shot. And for WCE to beat us was a huge poor effort from us.

You have to be dreaming if you believe that Clubs were unaware of how we seek to play football. Given all the coaches, scouts and preparation that Clubs do for a season dont you think they seek to understand how other teams play.

A further hint. When you are watching the football on TV and the camera pans on members of another football club buried in the stands seeminlgly watching the game impartially do you think they go there just for the pies and chips? And the North and Blues were not simply a matter of being outcoached. If you actually spoke to some of the players they would tell you why we lost. It would be illuminating for some. I agree about the WCE effort by the players. A poor team performance all around.

It all depends on the Forward line, if Jurrah & Sylvia can find some form we may win some games. If the Forward line does not fire we will not win another game this year.

Right now opposition Clubs have all our bases and strategies covered-they know how to beat us.

Hope i am wrong guys, but right now we are easy meat-Which makes next weekends game a good contest because Essendon are no better.

I agree- we are no shoe in to win another game. However, as WYL states if our forward line shines we could win four to five more. Nothing is beyond us.

By the way- if we don't do we get another early pick.And which pick do we get?

Edited by jayceebee31

I agree- we are no shoe in to win another game. However, as WYL states if our forward line shines we could win four to five more. Nothing is beyond us.

By the way- if we don't do we get another early pick.And which pick do we get?

We'll probably be around the 10-12 mark in the draft JCB.

Essendon - winnable. There's not a lot between the two clubs. Neither of us are in good form. We can (and to be honest probably should) beat them but it's no certainty.

Fremantle - loss. Subiaco + top 4 opponent = loss. I'll be hoping for a sub 60 point loss.

Sydney - winnable. IMO more winnable than Essendon, provided Bradshaw misses (which he's supposed to). They just don't have a forward line atm with Goodes out of form, White out of the team and O'Keefe playing midfield. Their midfield is also pretty slow.

Brisbane - winnable. No Brown, no Fev, no Drummond and a sore Black makes Brisbane rubbish. No depth on their list. Being in Brisbane makes it a lot tougher than if it was down here but they're a rubbish team atm.

Richmond - winnable. Playing exciting football for a team expected to finish 16th, but a little bit over-hyped given the opposition they've had. Still, won't be a walkover by any stretch of the imagination

Hawthorn - loss. Can't remember the last time we played even remotely well against Hawthorn in the first half. And they're pushing for top 4.

Port Adelaide - loss. They're not in good form but when has that stopped us from playing like a VFL side at AAMI?

North Melbourne - winnable. Although I expect a loss given North seems to bring the worst out of us each and every time we play them. They'll be pushing for 8th but I still believe we're a better team than they are.

So I say 5 games are 'winnable'. Let's say we win half of them (2-3), we'll end up on 6.5-8.5 wins, and about 12-13th on the ladder.

Honestly, I believe that it depends when Junior gets back onto the park.

Such an underrated player, but IMO it's no coincidence that early in the season when we were on fire, Junior was in tip-top form.

Adds so much experience to a very young midfield (Nathan Jones is the 2nd-most experienced in there atm, and is only 22!)

Other than that, I believe titan_uranus' assessment is pretty much on the money.