Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Att: MFC Players

I will probably get shot down for this topic, but seriously, I don't give a toss!!

To all Melbourne players.... You have members who live in Adelaide.... We spend year upon year giving $hit to the locals about how crap they are and how when Melbourne come to town, they will beat the living suitcase out of the Crows & Power....

Fair dinkum Dees.... Put up a fight goddamn it!! This is beyond a joke.... Get some heart!! Apart from a few players in the side who are SA bred, you have no idea what it is like living amongst these ferals.... SA based MFC members look forward to the games at AAMI every year and unfortunately, what you serve up time and time again is an absolute disgrace to the jumper!

Have a go at my post if you must, I don't really care.... but try living in this $hithole year in and year out..... The people of SA have absolutely no respect for the MFC and nor should they, with what they see each time my beloved side travel over the border!

Hang your heads Melbourne..... Hang your heads!

End of rant..... And abuse me all you like Demonlanders.... I pay my membership each and every year like every one of you.... I don't give a crap if you think I am not a true supporter.... I challenge any one of you to try and tell me I am not a born and bred Dees supporter!!

This is getting beyond a joke!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably get shot down for this topic, but seriously, I don't give a toss!!

To all Melbourne players.... You have members who live in Adelaide.... We spend year upon year giving $hit to the locals about how crap they are and how when Melbourne come to town, they will beat the living suitcase out of the Crows & Power....

Fair dinkum Dees.... Put up a fight goddamn it!! This is beyond a joke.... Get some heart!! Apart from a few players in the side who are SA bred, you have no idea what it is like living amongst these ferals.... SA based MFC members look forward to the games at AAMI every year and unfortunately, what you serve up time and time again is an absolute disgrace to the jumper!

Have a go at my post if you must, I don't really care.... but try living in this $hithole year in and year out..... The people of SA have absolutely no respect for the MFC and nor should they, with what they see each time my beloved side travel over the border!

End of rant..... And abuse me all you like Demonlanders.... I pay my membership each and every year like every one of you.... I don't give a crap if you think I am not a true supporter.... I challenge any one of you to try and tell me I am not a born and bred Dees supporter!!

I completely agree. And yes, Adelaide is a $hithole.

Hate being a dee supporter for this past 3 years. Not going to the terror dome next week. The player don't need my support - they need some balls.

Absolutely shitted off.

I love this thread and share your anger.

I've travelled to that cesspit twice in 2004 (Adel) and 2005 (Port). We lost both game by an average of 73pts. It's a freaking disgrace how we turn to water at that joint and the SA Demon members deserve better from a professional sporting organisation.

I hate the fact that we're all talk. The media have been overly kind to us this year but they deserve to rip the shite of us on Monday.

Hate being a dee supporter for this past 3 years. Not going to the terror dome next week. The player don't need my support - they need some balls.

Absolutely shitted off.

I'm going to the game V St Kilda next week because I'm in town for 2 weeks (from the USA) and haven't seen the boys live since rd 11 2008.

Hope we can show something.

One day I'll fly to Mars, when that day comes we'll win a first quarter and beat a team at AAMI Stadium... it might be a SANFL team, it might be a Little League game, but by god I will see us win in South Australia again before I die.

Edited by Jaded

Agreed. As I have said to the locals when I have been to games there, at least I get to go back home to Melbourne now :)

well said mate, I know a little bite of your pain, had to watch the game with my smart ass Adelaide supporting Father, gave it to me all day and most likely the rest of the month! But to live over there..I take my hat off too you. Stay strong!!!!!

We spend year upon year giving $hit to the locals about how crap they are and how when Melbourne come to town, they will beat the living suitcase out of the Crows & Power....

There's your first mistake right there...

We were never going to "smack" the Crows. We barely beat them when they came to the MCG in the worst form I've EVER seen them in.

We're a long way from being feared by opposition clubs interstate. I'm all for spruiking us and reminding people that we're awesome and going to win. Just not right now when we're NOT awesome and are NOT going to win.

There's your first mistake right there...

We were never going to "smack" the Crows. We barely beat them when they came to the MCG in the worst form I've EVER seen them in.

We're a long way from being feared by opposition clubs interstate. I'm all for spruiking us and reminding people that we're awesome and going to win. Just not right now when we're NOT awesome and are NOT going to win.

On the bright side, we there's a good chance for some outright smashings of them in the next few years. They are about to retire the core of their team and there aren't that many good players left to replace them.

As you can see from my log-in, I am another MFC supporter living in Adelaide. I agree & disagree with you! I am very content living in Adelaide and have actively chosen to live in this fine city that provides a great balance of career opportunities, life style and affordable housing that should be the envy of all Australia.

On your other point, I have to sadly agree with you. I heard a statistic on the ABC radio on the weekend that I am battling to remember or verify. Basically, I believe they said that Melbourne's last 10 games at AAMI stadium have been 10 losses for an average losing margin of 50+ points. If you'd asked me, I would have estimated that the average losing margin was higher because I've been scarred by >>70 point losses over the last few years. Yeterday's game could have been a 100-point loss if the Crows had kicked straight. By the way, Collingwood also kicked poorly on QB. Is that a sign of our excellent backline at work? We were beaten so badly around the packs for 3 quarters yesterday. And so many turnovers. I won't go on!

I travel a bit to see my beloved Dees but really "hang out" for their occasional visits to Adelaide. I do not remember a victory at AAMI stadium. Which will come first? A premiership or an AAMI victory. I know which one I really want but a win over here would be very sweet. Perhaps when I get a win at AAMI, I'll know that the premiership's not far behind.

No doubt yesterday's game was hard to watch and we do have a horrendous record at AAMI. The frustration in this thread is quite heart felt and understandable. The only thing I would add is that (as hard as it is to consider) our poor performances at AAMI since 2001 are a legacy that most players on our current list should not have to wear, especially the kids we have recruited in the last couple of seasons.

Good on ya posters for saying it as it is.However, I strongly suggest you also voice your concerns to :[email protected] -attention Jennifer Watts whom also gets emotional but makes sure the message gets passed on.

Absolutely agree. Can't hang a person for being passionate and as a result being disappointed with yesterday.

7-8 weeks without a win should challenge everyone and appart from the Collingwood ok result, seems to me performance has declined abruptly. Can't imagine this will be lost on the board who are ultimately accountable. They structured the club, appointed the coaches,recruiting staff etc.etc. So when they sit down to do their next review , they will no doubt canvass total club operations and performance. Off the field the results would seem to speak for themselves and the great man clearly galvanised the whole place. Wonder how he felt yesterday?

In the end though,everything hangs off the playing direction the club is headed. That's what everything is all about.We simply want success and to be part of a successful club.

We as supporters / members have been and continue to be patient, looking for the light at the end tunnell. We knew the journey would take time and have its ups and downs. But I'm not sure how the coaching staff/recruiters could explain a continuance of the recent decline in the second half, after such a promising start in the first. What's changed?

We were told our list is good ( young yes I agree but so are Roos, Essendon's and Richmond's who all currently have momentum)Further we were told that was needed was games played and maturity?

Our injuries have been no worse than others.

So fear not about being passionate, I think you have a case and frankly would be quite surprised otherwise. It is not hard to see who is underperforming.We can kid ourselves if we like. The coaching staff have been given an opportunity second to none with draft picks over the past three years. Pretty soon if not already, surely it's reasonable that weekly incremental improvement should be evident.CC put them on notice to some degree I thought.

Nonetheless the effort wasn't there by many yesterday and hasn't been for a few weeks. Geelong beat us up, Carlton beat us up, Adelaide were harder at the footy than us. How do you reckon St.Kilda will come at us?

Have to agree with your comments I reckon you were on the money.

Yep Adelaide sucks haha but yeah Dees werent great but we WILL get better and Adelaide arent. I know what its like being the only Melbourne supporter in a state. I live in NSW there a like 3 AFL supporters so its tough but when we start winning every game itll silence the critics