• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 3 word player analysis V Wet Toast

joeboy

Bartram - was rarely sighted

Bate - obviously under duress

Bennell - tried but failed

Bruce - had no influence

Davey - quiet then worse

Frawley - loose and ineffectual

Garland - was shown up

Green - couldnt get started

Grimes - prolific but loose

Jamar - can't criticize endeavour

Johnson - probably not playing

Jones - scarcely gave whimper

McDonald - loved his endeavour

Moloney - many ineffective disposals

Rivers - game has passed

Scully - no repeat heroics

Sylvia - a major disappointment

Trengove - couldn't handle pressure

Warnock - impressive game again

Watts - had some moments

Hughes - cannot be retained

McKenzie - just a game

Bennell should read : Casey Scorpions along with hughes and PJ.

Harsh, except for PJ.

Considering our current forward stocks, Hughes and Bennell must stay in the team imo. Danny Hughes did enough.

Considering our current forward stocks, Hughes and Bennell must stay in the team imo. Danny Hughes did enough.

Hughes wasn't very good. We aren't kicking enough goals, he doesn't have any ability at ground level. He seems lost when we're in defence (there were 3 times in succession in the fourth quarter when he was standing in between players without committing either way, there was also a period in the third when he left his man to zone off an area which we already had covered).

He'll struggle to keep his spot if all he can do is take a mark.

I couldn't see the game today, but I wasn't entirely convinced by Garland's game against the Dogs last friday.

Is it a match-up problem? Does Col need to find form at Casey?

I thought Garland was OK today. Ran back with the flight, chopped passes off, manned up when necessary. Didn't really reach some spectacular heights, but there were plenty worse than him.

I thought Watts should read :Showed some class :)

But seriously he did take some nice contested marks and used the ball well.

Bennell should read : Casey Scorpions along with hughes and PJ.

Perhaps some of JB's disposal was slightly off, but whose wasn't? I thought he was probably in our top 5 or 6 still. He gave a contest, chased, tackled and harassed.

Garland will be a much better player when he gets a full pre-season behind him. He missed far too much football in the last 13 months, but he wasn't the worst today. A special mention to Jordie, who kept up his tackling average. At least HE didn't turn the ball over. And Jamar took on both Cox and NNN all day, never stopped trying.

Will someone tell me why we stopped running? Our work rate off the ball was terrible.

If you are old enough have a nice Carlton Draft and relax. Our midfield was completely shut down today, this will happen, don't blame our forwards the ball never got there and our backs did a good job. Games like today will happen in 2010, enjoy the ride we have 10 years of really exciting footy coming.

I thought Jones game was pretty poor and really showed up his lack of teamwork. He seems to ignore better positioned players and insist on going long. He gets caught way too often. I wonder if he is coached to play that way or is just wilful and um...dumb.

Our backman today where under intense pressure from the Eagles and our forwards had supply completely cut off.

I think the main concern was our midfield today.

Bartram - not good enough

Bate - injured, don't hate

Bennell - not very efficient

Bruce - saw him once

Davey - one word: FACEPLANT.

Frawley - best defender today?

Garland - top ten today

Green - one isn't enough

Grimes - under hefty pressure

Jamar - tried very hard

Johnson - didn't support Jamar

Jones - pick it up

McDonald - best on ground

Moloney - not so great

Rivers - must play loose

Scully - worked fairly hard

Sylvia - stuffed my Supercoach

Trengove - just not great

Warnock - great defense work

Watts - great contested marks

Hughes - needs more effort

McKenzie - worst game yet

If you are old enough have a nice Carlton Draft and relax. Our midfield was completely shut down today, this will happen, don't blame our forwards the ball never got there and our backs did a good job. Games like today will happen in 2010, enjoy the ride we have 10 years of really exciting footy coming.

I think the forwards should take some blame.

Ball comes in then rebounds straight back out.

They must supply pressure and force stoppages in the 50 to create scoring shots.

all the hard work in backline and mid field to get it there only to have it blasted back out.

Bate-Injured don't hate????

Can't mark over his head or out in his hands. Gets caught out because he can't kick on his right foot.

Interesting to read the stats with our forwards. Johnson horrible. Watts and Hughes had very similar stats and for guys in the 2nd and 4th games did ok with shocking delivery.

Bennel just doesn't do enough but may be playin out of position.

Grimes just needs to settle. Tries to play on far to much. It really hurt us today even though he was good.

Bruce whats happened? He is really struggling. Might be out with a hammy.

Overall very disappointing from our senior players. Sylvia, Davey, Green, and Bruce really struggled to have an influence.

I think the forwards should take some blame.

Ball comes in then rebounds straight back out.

They must supply pressure and force stoppages in the 50 to create scoring shots.

all the hard work in backline and mid field to get it there only to have it blasted back out.

Main reason for it getting blasted back out was that forward would make a lead only for the pass to miss by several metres. The delivery into forward 50 was abysmal.

Prolific but loose? Joeboy - I love your work and it generates great chat, but I think you should take a day off before the review. As a team we were poor - but 22 poor reviews is not how I saw today.

Joeboy, way off mate. I like the idea of the 3-worder. I usually agree with about 75% of your analyses.

Today you're obviously upset as we all are.

Hope you're back to your best next week.

Joeboy, way off mate. I like the idea of the 3-worder. I usually agree with about 75% of your analyses.

Today you're obviously upset as we all are.

Hope you're back to your best next week.

TBH I thought this was one of my more objective weeks ; where are we so different this week ?

Our backman today where under intense pressure from the Eagles and our forwards had supply completely cut off.

I think the main concern was our midfield today.

Agree.

A frustrating day for all with not much opportunity for the forwards or defenders. Games are won and lost in the midfield.

Bartram - poor flat game

Bate - courage when injured

Bennell - tried but so-so

Bruce - in and out

Davey - hard to access

Frawley - top notch fullback

Garland - slowly building form

Green - not aggressive enough

Grimes - plenty of footy

Jamar - honorable, not dominant

Johnson - the invisible man

Jones - one to forget