Squad VS Crows

DeeZee

Good news, Wona's back!

So are Dunn,Green & Mcnamara.

ADELAIDE v MELBOURNE

Adelaide

3. Brent Reilly, 4. Kurt Tippett, 5. Scott Thompson, 6. Jonathon Griffin, 8. Myke Cook, 9. Tyson Edwards, 10. Jarrhan Jacky, 11. Michael Doughty, 12. Daniel Talia, 13. Taylor Walker, 14. David Mackay, 16. Phil Davis, 18. Graham Johncock, 23. Andrew McLeod, 25. Ben Rutten, 26. Richard Douglas, 27 Scott Stevens, 28. Jack Gunston, 31. Rory Sloane, 32. Patrick Dangerfield, 33. Jared Petrenko, 35. Shaun McKernan, 36. Simon Goodwin, 37. Trent Hentschel, 38. Tony Armstrong, 39. Will Young, 44. Nathan Bock, 45. Ricky Henderson, 46. Christopher Schmidt.

Melbourne

1. Matthew Warnock, 2. Nathan Jones, 3. Clint Bartram, 5. Jordan Gysberts, 7. Brad Miller, 8. James Frawley, 9. Jack Trengove, 13. Jordie McKenzie, 14. Lynden Dunn, 15. Ricky Petterd, 16. Jack Grimes, 18. Brad Green, 19. Addam Maric, 21. Daniel Bell, 23. James McDonald, 24. Liam Jurrah, 25. Kyle Cheney, 27. Jared Rivers, 28. Joel MacDonald, 29. Michael Newton, 30. Tom McNamara, 31. Tom Scully, 33. Austin Wonaeamirri, 34. Stefan Martin, 40. Mark Jamar, 42. Jake Spencer, 44. Rohan Bail, 47. James Strauss, 48. Jack Fitzpatrick.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On our website it states that Wona is back along with Dunn,Spencer and McNamara .Great to get some preactice into this lot. Al be it, Bennell, Sylvia and Moloney will be rested and Cale will be back after 8 weeks or so. Strong list I think.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/90213/default.aspx

Edited by jayceebee31

Good to see Wona, Green, McNamara, Spencer back in the team. I want to talk about Dunn.

3rd week of pre season and he gets a run, now correct me if i'm wrong he's not been injured lately. He

did a full pre season why isn't he playing in 1st game of preseason. Is he really not good enough to get a pre season game till round 3

of the NAB challenge. I thought Dunn could/would/is a useful foreward line player especially when Bate is injured.

Maybe I'm deluded we have a 22-23 year old 95kg 192cm player on the sidelines and for no reason i can justify he's not

being played.

What do others think of Dunn the Bermuda Triangle of our club? Does he deserve a spot in preseason or not?

Good to see Wona, Green, McNamara, Spencer back in the team. I want to talk about Dunn.

3rd week of pre season and he gets a run, now correct me if i'm wrong he's not been injured lately. He

did a full pre season why isn't he playing in 1st game of preseason. Is he really not good enough to get a pre season game till round 3

of the NAB challenge. I thought Dunn could/would/is a useful foreward line player especially when Bate is injured.

Maybe I'm deluded we have a 22-23 year old 95kg 192cm player on the sidelines and for no reason i can justify he's not

being played.

What do others think of Dunn the Bermuda Triangle of our club? Does he deserve a spot in preseason or not?

It's not in any way a reflection on Dunn. We're playing as many young and fringe players as we can through the pre-season. Every one of our club officials has said it "it's just a matter of getting games into the young guys" or words to that effect. Do you really think Fitzpatrick is forcing anybody out of the first team? All we are doing through the preseason is getting games into the guys who need them most.

Dunn wasn't on the official injury list but i believe he pulled up sore after the intraclub match. Good to see him back, and he did spend some time on the forward line during the pre-season's match practice.

I wish we could work out what we are doing with Stefan Martin. He was on the forward line last week; the ruck against Freo, and spent some time in defence during pre-season. Maybe it's time to find him a position and leave him there.

It's not in any way a reflection on Dunn. We're playing as many young and fringe players as we can through the pre-season. Every one of our club officials has said it "it's just a matter of getting games into the young guys" or words to that effect. Do you really think Fitzpatrick is forcing anybody out of the first team? All we are doing through the preseason is getting games into the guys who need them most.

If he hasn't been injured it is certainly a reflection on Dunn - what a perfect way setting in the NAB CupChallenge over the past 2 weeks to test him again the forward line. The last time I checked he was a young player and it would be ideal to get game time into him. According to your argument Green, Miller, McDonald need more match time than him?

It's an interesting side, not only because of the selections but also the names that are rested or injured.

Here's the official injury list from 4th March:

Aaron Davey – Adductor Soreness – 1 week

- Cameron Bruce – Hamstring – 1 week

- Matthew Bate – Quad – 1 week

- Colin Garland – Foot – 1 week

- Neville Jetta – Groin – 1-2 weeks

- Jack Watts – Back – 2-3 weeks

- Sam Blease – Ankle – 2-3 weeks

- Paul Johnson – Foot – 5 weeks

- Cale Morton – Knee – 8-10 weeks

- John Meesen – Ankle – Indefinite

- Max Gawn – Knee – Indefinite

- Luke Tapscott – Hip – Indefinite

Add Moloney, Sylvia and Bennell to Bruce, Bate and Davey and you have at least 6 players pushing for selection in round one who are unavailable this weekend. The club is probably trying to nurse these players so they are ready for the Hawks on March 27. No Hughes or Healey either.

We'll probably struggle in Adelaide. We are a bit thin in midfield without Moloney, Davey, Sylvia, and Morton. We might not have any certified grade 'A' players at the moment, but at least we are starting to develop a deeper list.

And welcome back Wonaa!!! He finally gets to play alongside LJ. We desperately need someone that goes overtime with his passion and enthusiasm. I hope he bags a couple and jumps into the crowd.

This is it Stefan Martin isn't going to be the greatest player ever but what hope

does he and the likes of Dunn have if they don't learn how to play in their positions if their either

always omitted or they're constantly moved in positions they play. Seems consistency is being forsaken for flexibility.

Maybe I'm wrong but how about we get players to learn one trade either forward, midfield, ruck or back. Then

when that's up to scratch we look at adding strings to bows.

Dunn's a 22 year old player potential forward line player what is he to the MFC trade bait to GC. Between Miller and

Dunn I know who has more upside.

Healey, Hughes why aren't they getting game time in the pre season?

Edited by Diablo Deemon

If he hasn't been injured it is certainly a reflection on Dunn - what a perfect way setting in the NAB CupChallenge over the past 2 weeks to test him again the forward line. The last time I checked he was a young player and it would be ideal to get game time into him. According to your argument Green, Miller, McDonald need more match time than him?

Not to sure about that. The Dees have been very deliberate for the last few years about how they are going about developing players and resting players. I don't think we will see Col or Beamer in the next two weeks. "rest/freshen" them for season proper. While they have played the younger ones to get game time in they left the likes of Swinging (Dunne) and Greeny to come in for a couple of runs. Or I coulde be talking absolute rubbish. Who knows.

Not to sure about that. The Dees have been very deliberate for the last few years about how they are going about developing players and resting players. I don't think we will see Col or Beamer in the next two weeks. "rest/freshen" them for season proper. While they have played the younger ones to get game time in they left the likes of Swinging (Dunne) and Greeny to come in for a couple of runs. Or I coulde be talking absolute rubbish. Who knows.

I think your Red Hot close there 'Cards', "imo" a weeks rest before a big Game against either Geelong or the Saints I heard. The day after the "Casey" game is the Family Day, I believe, so a solid showing against Top opposition is a must.

I think we'll see a strong team formed by the "Casey" game arrives, just in time for the Dawks, Rnd1.

You could be well right there, Round 1 is when it all starts- i have been thinking about that strategy since the Freo Game. Bailey does keep mentioning Game time for the list.

i hope to see a lot of "first game for the year players" in the side. Welcome back Dunn & Wonna-Fire Up Boys-Cement a Spot.

Saw him on Saturday. he said he will be in full training in 3 weeks. I found it surprising Bailey said on SEN this week that Blease will play mid year. thought he would be earlier than that. maybe they are being conservative.

that's a year and a half before he even starts !!

I'm not sure I'd be risking him on a dodgy suburban ground in Adelaide.

I'm assuming this is just a stock standed assumption about regional grounds? Because the oval is actually really nice.

It's home to the cental bulldogs who have one the last 9 flags out of 10 or something close to that mark.

Saw him on Saturday. he said he will be in full training in 3 weeks. I found it surprising Bailey said on SEN this week that Blease will play mid year. thought he would be earlier than that. maybe they are being conservative.

that's a year and a half before he even starts !!

I think he means seniors, needs some time in the twos to fine touch before forcing his way into the team mid year

Dunn came off before the end of the intra-club game at Casey, and I'm pretty certain he received treatment for a hand or finger injury. That may account for his absence over the last two weeks.

This is it Stefan Martin isn't going to be the greatest player ever but what hope

does he and the likes of Dunn have if they don't learn how to play in their positions if their either

always omitted or they're constantly moved in positions they play. Seems consistency is being forsaken for flexibility.

Maybe I'm wrong but how about we get players to learn one trade either forward, midfield, ruck or back. Then

when that's up to scratch we look at adding strings to bows.

Dunn's a 22 year old player potential forward line player what is he to the MFC trade bait to GC. Between Miller and

Dunn I know who has more upside.

Healey, Hughes why aren't they getting game time in the pre season?

The fact still remains that if Dunn had shown us he was good enough we wouldn't be having this discussion. I still hold a glimmer of hope for him but let's face it what we've seen so far hardly leaves you salivating for more. The FD know exactly where he is at. I've no doubt he'll be given enough of an opportunity this year. In the end it's up to Dunn.

Edited by Roost It