• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

jabberwocky

Almost all of these players left because they were not best 22 and wanted to play more senior footy (with some obvious exceptions, two of which are covered in my post above). Of course as say above players leave but if Watts goes we will have had 3 of our best 22 choose to leave the club in 2 years.

I know where you're coming from but we have a point of difference - JW is not in our best 22.

• Like 3

Semantics rjay - I meant dropped in the sense off the list for the game.

IIf you're argument is about transperency and if he should be played with a cold/injury or whether he should be playing better footy than thats fine... but thats a far cry from your original statement: "Neeld who has methodically destroyed his confidence and toyed with him."

Re his "natural growth". People criticise MN for not developing players, then when players develop its a natural growth - lol its laughable

mmmm...don't remember that original statement at all, but I do remember Watts was dropped after that game and kept as an emergency for the next. I think it would have been better for him to play a game somewhere and I don't think he should have been dropped in the first place.

He was dropped not injured.

Callum Ward?

Chris Judd?

Gary Ablett?

David Hale?

Josh Gibson?

Ivan Maric?

Chris Knights?

Mitch Clark?

Chris Dawes?

Brendon Goddard?

Ben McGlynn?

Shane Mumford?

Ted Richards?

And so on and so on, and so on.

Almost all of these players left because they were not best 22 and wanted to play more senior footy (with some obvious exceptions, two of which are covered in my post above). Of course as say above players leave but if Watts goes we will have had 3 of our best 22 choose to leave the club in 2 years.

Binman,

Callum Ward

Chris Judd

Gary Ablett

Mitch Clark

Brendon Goddard

but these 5 didnt leave because they werent in their clubs 22... that 5 out of 13 - hardly "almost all"

• Like 1

Binman,

Callum Ward

Chris Judd

Gary Ablett

Mitch Clark

Brendon Goddard

but these 5 didnt leave because they werent in their clubs 22... that 5 out of 13 - hardly "almost all"

And you can add Gibson . . .

• Like 2

I didn't say MFC members wouldn't care if Watts left. I said i would be gutted.

As for my comment that clubs with healthy cultures don't lose players perhaps i needed to be more literal. Clubs with good cultures rarely lose player because they are not happy or leave because they have been treated poorly. Clubs with good cultures rarely lose multiple players who are in the best 22. Clubs with good cultures rarely lose their young guns (potential a graders with 40-60 games). Clubs with good cultures keep their best players. Think Sydney. Think Hawthorn. Think the Cats. Even Port were able to keep their young guns.

Give me some examples of a club noted for its culture who has had a genuine young gun choose to leave?

And the examples you gave? Judd returned to Victoria but before he did helped win a flag for West Coast (and played what 150 games for them?). Ablett was lured north for a then unprecedented amount of money (interestingly rumors were a factor in his decision was he was not getting on with an increasingly erratic coach - a coach who left in acrimonious circumstances soon after. Also interesting that the talk is Ablett may return to the cats) . But not before playing 150 odd games and winning a flag. Both clubs were solid and remained solid after their star player departed.

Boy did you try hard to clarify your previous post ?? Perhaps had you put that much thought into your first attempt you wouldn't have received the response you initially did...AND if you believe G Ablett "may return to the cats BUT not before playing 150 odd games AND winning a flag", then I suggest you do not add further to your post because you are only digging a deeper hole... He will be lucky to achieve even one of those goals... ESPECIALLY Winning a Flag !!!! Quit while you have at least made a reasonable attempt to clarify your previous flawed post... :P

mmmm...don't remember that original statement at all, but I do remember Watts was dropped after that game and kept as an emergency for the next. I think it would have been better for him to play a game somewhere and I don't think he should have been dropped in the first place.

You're right, I'm getting confused with all the different posters - I've miss-quoted you.

Here's my point. Lets wait and see a couple of months to see if Watts actually is best 22 or not! Right now he's just a fringe player in a bad side.

• Like 1

I must have missed something today can someone link the article where J Watts said i'm leaving, along with CS and JF have looked in both papers and radio links but cannot find it someone please point me to them?

Bossdog: I highjack every thread because of the seriousness of the situation. I truly believe we are in a death roll. Doing nothing or pretending things are not as they are will bring us to extinction.

Nothing gives you the right to highjack every thread. Make your point. Make your point once. Then drop it. You're getting really really tedious, and I for skip your posts because you just say exactly the same thing (player manager, blah blah, Watts, blah blah, Neeld, blah blah) over and over. You are not doing your argument one iota of good.

As for being desperate, it's a football club. Desperate is when you don't have enough money to feed your kids or pay your rent.

• Like 4

Well, if I may, we don't actually know. His grandfather died, and along with a few other players at the club, he'd been sick with some gastro thing. Quite how much the two affected him, only those on the inside would know.

Maybe he is trying relative to how he feels about playing at the club.

What about relevant to how much he's being paid? In the end he's being paid as a professional - he should behave like one. Just because I don't like my boss, doesn't mean I'm not expected to earn my pay. Pretty simple really.

Can't blame him if he wants a fresh start. When our own supporters are so pathetic that they cheer when he gets subbed off, and our coach is such a stubborn moron that he berates him before he even steps foot inside the rooms, then proceeds to play him like a yo-yo, what do you expect?I'd want to get the [censored] away from this basket case too if I had a limited time frame to have a successful career and I've been treated with such contempt. This club is a joke. My anger and disgust towards it makes me ashamed, but I can't help it. Look at what the [censored] is going on around us!

agree..... Who would want to stay? Think we are all looking for away out.... Watts is gone, you can put money on it! To many of our own jump on his back, when things aren't going our way..... I wouldn't stay....
  • Like 1

I know where you're coming from but we have a point of difference - JW is not in our best 22.

?

No players will leave

This I know

Cos satyriconhome told me so

The thing I love most about Satyriconhome's views is that I disagree 100% with everyone of them. From coaches, to players, to CEOs. The views are consistent and passionate - and one by one, I fear will be shown to be mistaken

Watts has been managed appallingly since the day he arrived at the club. It was my hope Neeld would put an end to this poor management. How wrong was I.

Neeld making him a scape goat for the round 2 flogging was disgraceful. According to Neeld he had the flu. As such he should not have been playing. Blind Freddy could see he was struggling to run that night. Neeld subbed him off, but instead of coming to his defence and admitting that in hindsight he should not have played as he was still suffering the side effects of the flu, Neeld publically sprayed him and then dropped him. It was unprofessional, and disgusting publically humiliation. Neeld (not for the first time) made him into a scape goat for the teams terrible performance. Despite being sick Watts was far from our worst that night. In fact I will say that half the team played worse than him.

The following week he was then left on the boundary as an emergency, while hacks who played worse against Essendon and have 10% of his skill played.

Absolute appalling player management. Its as if Neeld went out to try and destroy this kids self confidence. It worked. No wonder he wants out under Neeld.

You're right, he should have dropped ages ago. Made to earn his spot , he has been spoilt , gifted games , that's the only mismanagement.

Boy did you try hard to clarify your previous post ?? Perhaps had you put that much thought into your first attempt you wouldn't have received the response you initially did...AND if you believe G Ablett "may return to the cats BUT not before playing 150 odd games AND winning a flag", then I suggest you do not add further to your post because you are only digging a deeper hole... He will be lucky to achieve even one of those goals... ESPECIALLY Winning a Flag !!!! Quit while you have at least made a reasonable attempt to clarify your previous flawed post... :P

Right. Do you understand parenthesis? Perhaps with your ability to misquote you could become a footy journo for the age or the hun

Edited by binman

The thing I love most about Satyriconhome's views is that I disagree 100% with everyone of them. From coaches, to players, to CEOs. The views are consistent and passionate - and one by one, I fear will be shown to be mistaken

Now, jimbo, he has spoken to all the board, players, coaches, cleaners, masseurs, trainers, admin staff, Peter Jackson, the walls, the floors and the toilets.

He is therefore the only person we can believe

• Like 1