• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

jabberwocky

Yes I was there and yes I saw plenty of Melbourne supporters around me cheer his substitution.

It was also another appalling move by Neeld who has methodically destroyed his confidence and toyed with him.

Watt's confidence was destroyed when we played him too early, you can't attribute it all to MN, particularly when he was playing some of his best footy last year under MN.

What I have seen from Watts this year isn't a lack of confidence, it's a lack of effort.

He used to go to ground too easily, even at Casey, in his early years. Now he is too lazy to get into those situations.

The only time he put in some effort was when he was breifly played up forward where his confidence in his kicking and marking was already there.

• Like 3

Seems to me top clubs like Geelong ( Ottens, Rivers) Hawthorn ( Gibson, Hale) Collingwood ( Jolly, Ball) Swans ( Tippett, Hall) aren't that concerned about draft picks at all. They know they aren't going to get them because they are on top. Just pick off the good players from the cellar dwellers, much easier. IMO Players association and managers have blind sided the AFL on this.

Means 5 year plans for cellar dwellers simply can't work as players depart prior to reaching their peak and you are left with immature kids. Its a nonsense to be hoodwinked by them. Winning should be a week to week expectation.

The AFL has stuffed up the whole trade situation leaving the battling clubs to wither on the vine.

• Like 1

By now most here should know my opinion. After round 5 last year I started writing posts outlining the terrible choice we made in making Neeld Coach. I said that he had divided the players, he had lost the players before he even coached his first game, I said Neeld did not have the personal skills or management skills to be head coach, I said after round 6 Moloney and Rivers would walk, midseason I spoke of a major falling out (fight) between Neeld and Martin and that he would never play for Melbourne again. I spoke of a falling out between Jurrah and Pettard with Neeld......... but few listened.

I told all that would listen that Neeld was the greatest mistake since firing Norm Smith and that if we did not remove him quickly he would drive us into extinction. I said we were in a slow motion train crash.

I was and still am called an alarmist, a nutter, other people asked for me to be banned from this sight, however, everything I have said on this subject has turned out to be true.

This season, I have said that as things currently stand, Frawley, Sylvia and Watts would leave season end. Again as recently as yesterday I have been smashed.

My information has never been made up, it has come from within the playing group and player managers.

I love this club and l will do anything I can to help ensure its long term viability and survival. I have made significant donations to this club via debt demolition. I only want to see my club survive.

It is time for those who still have their head in the sand to wake up. We are deep in survival mode. We should no longer be looking at Premierships, we must put all effort into survival. Make no mistake, we have 2 to 3 years to turn this club around or we will be relocated or merged in time for the next broadcast contract. If we lose more senior players that task will be close to impossible. Its time to look at the big picture, everything must be done to hold all our top 25.

I will make things very clear to all who will listen.

Mark Neeld may not be the person who started the rot, however, he is not the person for our club. He has divided our playing group, he has lost our players, he does not have the motivational or personal skills required. He is a cancer, he is part of the problem rather than the solution. He was a terrible choice in head coach.

The ONLY chance we have is to fire Neeld immediately, replace him with a motivational coach that can unit the players and do whatever we can to land Roos or then next best experienced coach. Only then may our players stay. Only then may we survive.

This is the train wreck I told you all was coming. I am devastated.

We must move quickly while there is still time. I again call on the board to fire Neeld immediately.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 8

I have no problem with players/clubs deferrig contract talks until season end because its

1. The players way of saying ill back my self to improve form, therefore negotiating a better deal.

2. Clubs way of awarding contracts on performance rather than potential. As a young list we show alot of potential, but as a 60 gamer we need to see performance from Watts before re-signing him.

This article says nothing other than clubs are interested in an uncontracted player.

To me, he was gone as soon as he was jeered off the ground when subbed against the bombers by his own supporters.

If there is anyone on this list who owes the club, its this kid. I don't believe he has it in him to pay us back. If we got an A grade midfielder for him I'd let him go. He was a mistake at pick 1. If we can get something worthwhile for him then its not a complete loss.

called an alarmist, a nutter, other people asked for me to be banned from this sight

people werent talking about you mate, those commetns were about Satryconhome!

• Like 2

By now most here should know my opinion. After round 5 last year I started writing posts outlining the terrible choice we made in making Neeld Coach. I said that he had divided the players, he had lost the players before he even coached his first game, I said Neeld did not have the personal skills or management skills to be head coach, I said after round 6 Moloney and Rivers would walk, midseason I spoke of a major falling out (fight) between Neeld and Martin and that he would never play for Melbourne again. I spoke of a falling out between Jurrah and Pettard with Neeld......... but few listened.

I told all that would listen that Neeld was the greatest mistake since firing Norm Smith and that if we did not remove him quickly he would drive us into extinction. I said we were in a slow motion train crash.

I was and still am called an alarmist, a nutter, other people asked for me to be banned from this sight, however, everything I have said on this subject has turned out to be true.

This season, I have said that as things currently stand, Frawley, Sylvia and Watts would leave season end. Again as recently as yesterday I have been smashed.

My information has never been made up, it has come from within the playing group and player managers.

I love this club and l will do anything I can to help ensure its long term viability and survival. I have made significant donations to this club via debt demolition. I only want to see my club survive.

It is time for those who still have their head in the sand to wake up. We are deep in survival mode. We should no longer be looking at Premierships, we must put all effort into survival. Make no mistake, we have 2 to 3 years to turn this club around or we will be relocated or merged in time for the next broadcast contract. If we lose more senior players that task will be close to impossible. Its time to look at the big picture, everything must be done to hold all our top 25.

Mark Neeld may not be the person who started the rot, however, he is not the person for our club. He has divided our playing group, he has lost our players, he does not have the motivational or personal skills required. He is a cancer, he is part of the problem rather than the solution. He was a terrible choice in head coach.

The ONLY chance we have is to fire Neeld immediately, replace him with a motivational coach that can unit the players and do whatever we can to land Roos or then next best experienced coach. Only then may our players stay. Only then may we survive.

We must move quickly while there is still time. I again call on the board to fire Neeld immediately.

We all know your views.........You do not have to rant on and on and on about it...........You highjack every thread with your anti Neeld sentiments..........I don't think you have posted in any thread where you have not called for slash and burn of Neeld......Geezzz...

• Like 4

That's BS, Dr. If those 3 players want to play finals bad enough, they can make it happen in the red & blue. They have top training facilities, they have a handy FD, they have handy "support" players around them, and most importantly, they have the ability to move this club forward. If they want to take the easy way out and go to a team where they don't have the responsibility of leading a club to finals footy, then they can fcuk off.

I will refuse to let players hold the club to ransom unless they have runs on the board. In any job, if your top performing employee is criticial about the runnings of the company they work for, then you listen. You don't sit back and listen to the lazy pricks who prefer to sit back and sulk rather than doing something about it. Until your words are actions, I dismiss anything you say. In that, if Nathan Jones wanted to leave, I'd be very concerned.

OK maybe saying we can't afford to lose Watts is over the top because it would depend what we got for him. If we got a good midfielder in return it wouldn't be a big loss. But we certainly can't afford to lose Frawley and we can't afford to lose Sylvia for nothing. Davey is also on his last legs so if we lose all of them I can't see how the hell we will 1) field a team next year who could beat even Port Melbourne let alone Port Adelaide and 2) meet the minimum cap requirements for next year.

The club needs to make retaining these players a priority as we will be in big trouble if they all walk considering the dearth of talent on our list and the plummeting "games experience" stat that will be pointed to as reason to give the club/coach more time to be even competitive. If Neeld has to go to make sure these guys are retained then it has to be that way. You show me our best 22 next year if these guys all up and leave.

DemonOX, on 23 May 2013 - 08:17, said:

I posted this in another thread but it fits here too.

I dont think I can remember the MFC being in such a dire position with players wanting to leave.

Neeld is a nut job and he needs to go. He has actually made us worse which I thought was not possible and is driving players away to top it off (and he wants another 3.5 yrs).

Its like being in a horror movie which never ends with Neeld as the star.

If we can land a BIG NAME coach (Roos, Choco, Eade etc) I am sure the players would rethink leaving but this needs to happen NOW not at the end of the season.

I really hope for all us supporters (and players) this is happening.

If anyone on here has a contact which is reliable with what is going on PLEASE give us some hope?

I have already posted in another thread that I have a friend who volunteers for the club with fundraising efforts and is in the rooms at every game before, during and after the game. All the statements about the players not being behind Neeld were dismissed, rather their comments were that they had never seen the playing group so united.

This HUN article is just speculation. I also wonder why people would say that it is Neeld who is the sole problem if Watts really is disgruntled. What about Bailey??? What about the 3 1/2 years that he was in charge and the club stupidly decided to debut Watts for the Queens Birthday clash in 2009 for "marketing" purposes. Seriously, if Watts has a problem with the club, I think it would have more to do with the pre-Neeld era than the post-Neeld era. I sometimes wonder if Scully would still be playing in a Melbourne guernsey if Neeld was around, because Scully obviously didn't see much discipline or leadership amongst the experienced players while he was here given he reportedly cited their behaviour on the China trip as one of the reasons he didn't feel certain about remaining with the club.

I actually think Watts has performed better under Neeld. His move to the backline has been a great move. I was actually pretty frustrated to hear that Watts had played most of his junior football along the half back line and on the wing, but we decided to throw him into the forward line despite the fact that he physically wasn't ready for it. We as fans, also placed too much emphasis on him becoming that big gorilla forward we've wanted rather than looking for the club to utilise his athletic ability and disposal ability for the best of the club. As a forward, Watts is more a Josh Kennedy type than a Jonothan Brown. But that wasn't the way the club operated under Bailey. There wasn't any thought, or any analysis of player skills and matching them to the abilities we required for different positions. That was when the administration of the club (Schwab and co) were meddling with the football department. If I was Watts, that would be the part of my career that would make me think about leaving. Not the current period.

But hey, blame Neeld if you want. I'm getting in the way of some more Neeld bashing, so my apologies. Please proceed.

Edited by pm24
  • Like 4

I would never normally do this, but I can't stand to see this train wreck in slow motion.

The only way for the club to listen to its supporters is for a "Please remove Neeld and appoint a Senior coach with Finals credabilities" petition to be put forward. Going from what I see on this site I think there is enough support to get one kicked off.

I would love to know feedback on if people think it is feasible or just a waste of time?

What about the 3 1/2 years that he was in charge and the club stupidly decided to debut Watts for the Queens Birthday clash in 2009 for "marketing" purposes. Seriously, if Watts has a problem with the club, I think it would have more to do with the pre-Neeld era than the post-Neeld era.

The same people were in charge of the club at that time, just had a different coach and now a new (temp) CEO.

And, with all due respect, a fundraiser wouldn't have much idea of what's going on with the relationship between coach/club and players regardless of whether they have access to the rooms or not.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

I'll take what you say on Face Value GNF - the club is falling apart - lets talk about some Footy issues that is J Watts

Lets say Watts comes back after Queens Birthday - i think we play the dogs??? From the last 10ish rounds what is reasonable expectaion of Watt's output so WE the MFC want to offer him another contract?

When is Jack Watts expected to deliver consistent performances? And let's not forget that Watts isn't being asked to carry the load or expectations of a CHB or CHF he is playing as a 3rd up tall across half back where blokes like Dermie would argue if you can't get a kick across half back you ain't much chop as a player

Edited by Unleash Hell

Did you have to repeat it

I have never known such a bunch of gullible posters who believe as gospel anything that is printed/spoken/displayed/broadcast in the media today.

Great character assessment of Neeld, although recognizing that type is easy, there are so many posting on this board

U didnt have to read it again S.

Gullible posters u say, everyone with half a brain can c what is going on we dont need the media to tell us.

I guess hindsight is a great thing but it would appear you are right. I agree with you 100% about survival mode. Some talk on here as though we are a couple of years away from a dynasty. We aren't on the road to success. We are on the Frankston bus line via Crown Casino with a shopping bag full of five cent bits with that bogan bloke from YouTube screaming racial ephiphets at us.

Watt's confidence was destroyed when we played him too early, you can't attribute it all to MN, particularly when he was playing some of his best footy last year under MN.

What I have seen from Watts this year isn't a lack of confidence, it's a lack of effort.

He used to go to ground too easily, even at Casey, in his early years. Now he is too lazy to get into those situations.

The only time he put in some effort was when he was breifly played up forward where his confidence in his kicking and marking was already there.

This I find an urban myth based on a total cop out. He was set up on that QB debut but surely that can't be used as an excuse anymore, he has a coach now who has not handled him well at all. Dragging Watts (he was not the worst that game) was always going to draw focus on a kid who did not need it, then dropping him and have him hang around without a game. This is poor player management and Neeld finally lost me with this.

• Like 1

The same people were in charge of the club at that time, just had a different coach and now a new (temp) CEO.

And, with all due respect, a fundraiser wouldn't have much idea of what's going on with the relationship between coach/club and players regardless of whether they have access to the rooms or not.

That is true, but the observations that they make within the clubrooms are more accurate than the perception of us supporters based on actions in game and possibly more accurate that the media rumors that swirl around. Jack may not be 100% happy, but none of us truely know.

I don't disagree with you regarding those in charge of the club having a lot to answer for in respect to Watts, and I know that the leadership of the club has only changed minimally. However the Football Department is completely different, and that is the environment that Watts would find himself in on a daily basis. I'm just suggesting that I think under the new football department, Watts has shown more improvement than he did under Bailey, and has in fact performed better.

• Like 1

We all know your views.........You do not have to rant on and on and on about it...........You highjack every thread with your anti Neeld sentiments..........I don't think you have posted in any thread where you have not called for slash and burn of Neeld......Geezzz...

Bossdog: I highjack every thread because of the seriousness of the situation. I truly believe we are in a death roll. Doing nothing or pretending things are not as they are will bring us to extinction.

Part of the problem that has haunted this club has gone. The players, particularly the older ones have been mistreated by the now departed CS. Neeld also last season wanted to push a player, out the door mid season. Other players knew exactly what was going on and were not overly happy about it. Hence Rivers to the cats, and now talk of other senior players wanting out is understandable. The dangling carrot of playing finals football, perhaps even a flag when we are in more trouble than the early settlers is hardly surprising.

people werent talking about you mate, those commetns were about Satryconhome!

"I don't care how many people say it I am not paranoid!!!!....good contribution to the topic, down to your usual standard

U didnt have to read it again S.

Gullible posters u say, everyone with half a brain can c what is going on we dont need the media to tell us.

You have the probelm in a nutshell there

Bossdog: I highjack every thread because of the seriousness of the situation. I truly believe we are in a death roll. Doing nothing or pretending things are not as they are will bring us to extinction.

A death roll?.....does that mean when it happens we will shed crocodile tears?

Oh no the sky is falling?.....believe we are going to forfeit against Freo this weekend, can't afford the plane fare

That is true, but the observations that they make within the clubrooms are more accurate than the perception of us supporters based on actions in game and possibly more accurate that the media rumors that swirl around. Jack may not be 100% happy, but none of us truely know.

I don't disagree with you regarding those in charge of the club having a lot to answer for in respect to Watts, and I know that the leadership of the club has only changed minimally. However the Football Department is completely different, and that is the environment that Watts would find himself in on a daily basis. I'm just suggesting that I think under the new football department, Watts has shown more improvement than he did under Bailey, and has in fact performed better.

This I find an urban myth based on a total cop out. He was set up on that QB debut but surely that can't be used as an excuse anymore, he has a coach now who has not handled him well at all. Dragging Watts (he was not the worst that game) was always going to draw focus on a kid who did not need it, then dropping him and have him hang around without a game. This is poor player management and Neeld finally lost me with this.

Why was it bad player management? Watts hurt his ankle the week prior, and played while sick during the Essendon game. So how is it poor player management to sub a player off when he is sick and playing with a bad ankle, and struggling in the game..... Please explain.

• Like 1

GNF I love your posts, especially the fact that u get your info from the inside. (I am obviously taking you at face value when you say that, as I dont know u and wouldnt know if I passed u in the street)

Do u know or have u heard of any movement on Neeld?

Keep posting.

• Like 4

Agree, I'll freely admit I know nothing about the relationship of those in the club and can only go off what's reported in the media and on here, all of which I take with a grain of salt. On this thread I have one anonymous person telling me he has links to players and player managers and saying there is an issue and another anonymous person telling me knows an employee who works as a fundraiser within the club saying there isn't based on their observations in the rooms on matchday. Taking them at face value I'd have to go with GNF's comments over yours and remembering that it is with a grain of salt. I only say IF the relationships with Neeld are an issue then he has to go but ultimately I'm not in a position to make that call.