Jim Stynes to remain President but temporarily step down down due to illness!

danboyle99

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the EJ Whitten game with David Parkin talking, now this with Jimmy, I'm going to go for a check up.

That's a pretty fair response, HT. Maybe a few of us could commit to do this for Jimmy, it could be a regular "pre-season" (checkup) for us. I know all the barriers to me ever going near a doctor, even if there's posibly something wrong let alone when I'm feeling fit & healthy. So regular checkups just don't happen.

If others are keen, we could commit to a checkup prior to each footy season (so we're in good shape for the rigours ahead supporting the Dees). We could keep each other honest to our commitment, and agree to do it for Jimmy!

The best possible thing we can do is to continue his faith our club, get to every game we can and put a smile on his face as he recovers.

The best possible thing we can do is to continue his faith our club, get to every game we can and put a smile on his face as he recovers.

Without a doubt.

Even while facing his toughest battle, Jimmy made sure he encouraged every one of us to turn up to the game on Saturday and wear our colours with pride.

He loves this club, and he wants to see us succeed. If we help that happen, we will no doubt play a part in his return to the club sooner rather than later.

For this reason alone, I hope everyone turns up for the rest of the year to watch us play, even if we are on the bottom of the ladder and struggling and our team is an infuriating collection of crap right now. We need to make sure Jimmy has a club to get back to!

I heard Dr. Bruckner say that he may not know what kind of cancer he has until he has more tests. Until then they wont know what type of treatment he should receive.

It probably goes without saying but I also believe now that we should all get behind Don McLardy, support him and the rest of the Board so that when Jimmy does come back he will come back to a Club that will be even stronger and more committed to the future than when he stepped down.

Read on Demonlogy that along with our red and blue, we should wear something green to this week's game in honour of Jimmy.

As Jimmy Stynes would say, "WHATEVER IT TAKES" - do what ever it takes to be there for support for not only Jim, but the team. That's what he would want.

Maybe one of Jimmy's threads could be edited to the "WHATEVER IT TAKES" thread????

I was talking to a non Melbourne mate the other week, pre QB game and he was saying that we look like we are finally getting our [censored] together off the field and we spoke about Jimmy and the great job he has done and I thought as we were talking that Jimmy could become as revered as Barassi and Smith in the years to come.

And I truly do believe that this will be the case, the genuine well wishes from non Melbourne people really reminds you that whilst he is a legend withing the MFC he is highly regarded within the greater AFL community and even outside it.

I hope this is just a blip on the radar and that Jimmy is healthy and strong and holding the cup as president of the MFC.

The way he has changed this club in 12 months is phenomenal, and he will be a big reason why the MFC become a successful club once again.

Outpouring of emotional support throughout football community: -

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/comments/...997-661,00.html

Certainly pumps the blood through the heart reading these.....realising where he has come from, had to endure, the challenges he has faced yet been a true gentleman throughout. It's taken a guy like this to make the club greater. If he gives the same fight, determination and persistence to rid of the big 'C', that he did on the football field, he will come out at the other end...again.

This is disastrous on so many levels. No one can dispute that this man has done a hell of a lot for this club. There's the visible stuff, but I'll bet there's been a lot of invisible stuff that he's done to keep this club alive. A fantastic person and a brilliant servant of this club. We can only hope that his body responds well to the treatment he receives and that he returns to the club for 2010.

As for the short term, we must, absolutely must, win this week for him.

Very disheartening news, tough for Jim to have to battle something an illness especially the dreaded cancer word. My thoughts are with him and his family.

As to people saying how disastrous it is.... No one person is bigger than the entity. Jim through his passion, dedication, drive, vigor and love for our great club has pulled us from the brink but now more than ever it is time for others to step up. He has shown what can be achieved if you really want to put in the hard work. It is time for others to take up the challenge and use the standards he set and hopefully surpass them.

Sad news indeed.

Wish him and his family all the best as they start this daunting journey.

Some people are talking about wearing green to the G for Jim on ology.. i say wear your red and blue Guernseys cause thats what Jim would want!

Wishing Jimmy the best, hoping he gets over it.

I suspect the boys will put their body on the line on Saturday arvo for him.

I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good news and it would be the dreaded C word. When I listened to the press conference on the radio tears just welled up. But he is one of the most positive people and he has great support behind him. Come on Jimmy get rid of the bastard, the whole football community is behind you. As David Schwarz said on radio today he hopes karma exists because of all the good work Jimmy has done not only in the football world but in the community and he said that good karma better come its way.

puts our season into perspective really

had a conversation ( a couple actually..but this one ) was in a strangge locale and wont elaborate but in it he convinced me he was absolutely fair dinkum and deserving of a shot. He had no plan.. but he had a plan to get a plan !! He is honourable...he has the club ( as with many things dear to him ) close to his heart. Thats all I need .. Good luck Jimma :)

Dear Jimma,

Please please PLEASE get well, we miss you already....

Good luck for tomorrow, our thoughts are with you, Sam and the family during this time.

You are an inspiration to us all and a legend of this magnificent Club.

Red and Blue through and through.

I have just finished reading the newspaper tributes to Jim by the general public. I admit to getting a bit teary when I read them all.

Supporters of ALL TEAMS were so supportive of Jim. I reckon 3/4 were from other clubs. What an influence he has had on all football loving fans as well as the teenagers of Victoria. What a CHAMPION, what a MAN!

You WILL overcome this mate, and be around to see the mighty Dees take out the flag. If ever anyone deserves this to happen you certainly do. Get well soon Jimmy and best wishes to Sam and family.