HB: Aaron Davey, Jared Rivers, James Frawley

C: Neville Jetta, Brock McLean, Jamie Bennell

HF: Russell Robertson, Brad Miller, Matthew Bate

F: Brad Green, Colin Sylvia, Liam Jurrah

Foll: Paul Johnson, Jack Grimes, Cameron Bruce

I/C: Brent Moloney, Cale Morton, Jack Watts, K.Cheney

Emg: Lynden Dunn, Addam Maric, Ricky Petterd

In: Bartram, Bennell, Jetta, Jurrah, Martin, Miller

Out: Daniel Bell, Mark Jamar (quad), Nathan Jones (Virus), Addam Maric, James McDonald (Knee), Matthew Warnock (virus)

New: Liam Jurrah (Yuendumu Magpies, NT)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredibly disappointed that Maric has been omitted. Would much rather him in then Jetta or Bartram.

Other then that, it's looking pretty good. VERY young team we have in... 5 aboriginal players!

agreed.

And i would of thought thus could valentis chance.

Incredibly disappointed that Maric has been omitted. Would much rather him in then Jetta or Bartram.

Other then that, it's looking pretty good. VERY young team we have in... 5 aboriginal players!

I'm with you Maric for bartram, maric looks as though he is going to be very Special

Bartram in and not Valenti is an epic fail.

Is Valenti your love child CB?

Gee, the ruck will be interesting without Jamar. Patty Ryder..hmmm.

I'm salivating at our forward line of Green, Sylvia & Jurrah.

What about our interchange bench?! How good is the bench - Moloney, Watts, Morton & Cheney

edit: All in all 6 changes.

Grimes starting in the centre!

I'm with you Maric for bartram, maric looks as though he is going to be very Special

Last time I checked Maric was an opportunist forward not a tagger/small backmen. Would have liked to have seen Maric but Jetta has been kicking goals and deserves his chance. With that many outs and Bell getting ommitted and not even an emergency. I would say thats nearly the last we have seen of him. Unless some list management is required.....

9 Aboriginal players on the field tomorrow night. I think Maric was due for a rest, and I think it's good that Bartram is getting a game for once. The Jetta inclusion is another good one. Hope Jones and Warnock are ok with the virus. A knee injury for McDonald is also a suprise. But it's also good to see that McLean is playing, despite the talk on the other thread. Martin will need to play in the ruck although Essendon only have Ryder so PJ won't need too much help.

Very interesting..............

A shoot out for sure.

Can't see us winning away form MCG against a very sharp Essendon outfit. But it should be a good match, which will allow our young fowards to show us their stuff.

Ruck and midfield look v. weak. Hopefully we can get our hand on the ball enough to make a contest.

Can't wait!

bartram to do a job. i dunno why you love valenti so much. essendon are quick, and valenti is slow. wont work.

Gee, the ruck will be interesting without Jamar. Patty Ryder..hmmm.

if PJ cant stand up this week and give us a contest then it says a lot about his future at the club.

I think Maric was due for a rest... Hope Jones and Warnock are ok with the virus.

warnock despite constant flow of the blow down there has been very good this year. has really improved. he will be a loss tomorrow. would have been perfect for the "bulked" up lloyd. lloyd may have too many smarts for martin ...

I'm happy with that one - we need leg speed to go against the Bombers.

Most exciting line up of the year thus far. 5 indigenous boys must be a record for the MFC?

And, although it may not gel tomorrow night, that forward line is the most promising and balanced we've named for a while.

Really looking forward to this one.

Well! After the total farce against Eddiewood, it is no wonder the changes (I'm still sulking, and it is still a bitter pill to swallow). However you may notice a trend happening, each player omitted basically has a ready made replacement. However their abilities may not match exactly. I would say that bar a few, just about every player is playing for their future, and if any player wants to be part of that, stand up now! I agree that there may be a change or two that doesn't sit with the faithful, like Maric/Bartrim or Jetta, but time will tell. This would have to be one of the least experienced teams the MFC has ever put on the park! All I can say give it your 100% not like Eddiewood! Go D's!

I'm happy with that one - we need leg speed to go against the Bombers.

One of Essendon's major weaknesses is in and around the clearances with Watson as just about their only genuine in and under player. This was an opportunity to expose their weakness especially with McDonald and Jones out.

Melbourne have played their best football without Dunn and Bartram as taggers.

Fast 'N' Furious

Is this a mearuring stick or what!?

Essendon is one of the teams that I see us being directly competing with over the next few years, & so will be a way of seeing how far our list is behind theirs.

This IMO, will help us to see where we go with our drafting this year.

The game seems to be moving towards even more hard running, & possession oriented style. Key Forwards now must be hard runners as well, (lucky we have Miller) he'll be very handy as we develope, (& so juice, get your tank built up man).

This will be a game to study. I hope we compete well.

*I don't think Butcher will be mobile enough IF, the game continues the mobile way it's heading.