Great DB press conference

Dean Bailey's Press Conference is well worth watching....

He cops his fair amount of $hit from a few of the clubs supporters, but he is so down to earth it isn't funny (hence why he's not overly funny himself :P )

Honest, To the point and realises where the club is currently at and where they want to end up....

When asked why he did not join the team after the match to sing the song he replied "The game is about the players. What do I do?? They are the ones who train for six months, they are the ones who lift the weights, so it is only fair that they celebrate together. It is just great to sit back and watch them celebrate a win after working so hard for so long. But let's not get ahead of ourselves"

Dean Bailey may not be the man that coaches our next premiership side.... But he will have had a massive input in the lead up!!

Go Dees!

I would love him to coach for the next 10 years.....

I have rated him since he was assistant to Mark Williams at Port Adelaide....

The bloke can coach..... The bloke develops players..... The bloke develops culture..... The bloke develops blokes :)

Very blokey post this one.....

Top bloke Dean is... :P

I am tryig to watch it, but always seem to have trouble with Bigpond TV.

I've had trouble sometimes too, i think the trick is to watch it in Internet Explorer, not Firefox (which is what i would normally use)

Here are 10 things i like about Dean Bailey. Remember he is learning his craft as well as time goes on.

I like the fact that he doesn't take crap and doesn't talk it.

I like the fact that he got rid of TJ, Yze and White

I like the fact he is giving kids a go.

I like the fact that he expects every player who walks out on that park to bust his arse for the jumper and if you don't you will hear about it.

I like his press conferences because he tells it like it is.

I like the fact he tells the fans "be patient" even though we don't want to be.

I like the fact his head is not in the paper all the time and when it is i get excited reading about it because it's so rare.

I like the fact that his game plan is about being cautious out of defence and turning on the after burners when we are coming off half back.

I like the fact he is building a "team" rather than molding a "spine."

I like those old school sideburns!

If we do not renew his contract then we are the biggest bunch of morons in the footballing world.

Dean Bailey may not be the man that coaches our next premiership side.... But he will have had a massive input in the lead up!!

DB's a teaching coach. Agree with your comment, his input into the development of our exciting and talented young group is going to be immense. Maybe he'll get someone like Jimmy to rev them up with inspiration when we're 3 goals up at 3 qtr time in our next grand final (3 or 4 years away?)

I'll keep dreaming anyway...

Great Press conference, he always seems to find humor in everything.

The theme song was amazing.

Great to see Wattsy and the other youngsters belting out the "grand old flag" with the boys.

Imagine how excited they'll be. They know what its like to win now.

Just about to have a peek - while i do, here's a fun game. I call it fill-in-the-blanks.

5yyy44.jpg

Is he saying farewell to the Tiges? Who knows? it's up to you!

"You see that big wide hole in here, that's for Jack. Sure he isn't playing yet, but it's all about being competitively aware of the fact that when he comes into the team I want you all to [censored] off and give the great man his space. Start practicing now" :lol:

Team song video is pure gold. Absolutely fantastic to see that passion. Brock's smile on the way to the change room says it all really.

Watching the team song was better.

Big big circle, and oh so loud.

Yeah it was awesome. I sat down at the `g` after the match listening to MMM when they played it, and I could not wipe the smile off my dial! Nearly had to turn the volume down they were singing so loud. I just saw the replay and that was one massive circle!

I don't want to get carried away.

Bailey should get 5 years, at least, but judgements either way are far too early.

I mean, last week he was a dud and now he is a future premiership coach?!

I think he should get a two year extension at the start of 2010 so rumours are nipped in the bud.

And I'm saying that knowing full well he will have a 7 and 37 record when that decision is made.

The thing I like about Bailey is the quiet confidence he has......there's no fuss or song and dance routine.............he has his plan, and he's sticking to it.

Whether he knows what he's doing or not, he's got me convinced that he does!

If you look at how Bailey handles himself compared to Mark Harvey, they are chalk and cheese.

I would cry if we had Harvey as coach seeing how he goes about it. He looks completely in over his head!

And i'd be crying if we had a list like Richmond's. Their best players are over 30 and they've got very little to look forward to except quite a few years of clearing out and trying to find quality to replace in the period when the new Gold Coast will be getting all the cream. We bottomed at a good time.

I am tryig to watch it, but always seem to have trouble with Bigpond TV.

Mac user? If so, you should know that Bigpond thinks all Mac users are the devil. I haven't been able to watch a Bigpond video online for about 2 years.

"You see that big wide hole in here, that's for Jack. Sure he isn't playing yet, but it's all about being competitively aware of the fact that when he comes into the team I want you all to [censored] off and give the great man his space. Start practicing now"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the best things I've read in weeks.

I don't want to get carried away.

Bailey should get 5 years, at least, but judgements either way are far too early.

I mean, last week he was a dud and now he is a future premiership coach?!

I think he should get a two year extension at the start of 2010 so rumours are nipped in the bud.

And I'm saying that knowing full well he will have a 7 and 37 record when that decision is made.

I think the verdict after the match on one of the radio stations was that giving Wallace (let alone any player) a 5 year contract is too long. I would agree.

Its still early days in Bailey's coaching career. He is in the 2nd year of a 3yr contract. He isn't going anywhere so lets keep it under review until year end.

But I agree with the pendulum swing on Bailey. Had we lost there would have been growing calls for his head. We only won by eight points against an appalling opposition. Had there been another 5 minutes to go I reckon MFC would have gone down.

Footy is a funny game.

There could be a reality check this week and few will be gushing about the Press conference then.