• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Membership Growing

Mousey

is this a record ? cant recall this amount 2 weeks out from the season ...portends well :)

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff mousey. Love your passion.

I'd give the Club a call.

Well i contacted the membership club sheepishly as i know i shouldnt worry them too much like demonic said, they have more things to worry about other than a paid up member that they dont owe "[censored]" too,quoted from demonic.

So with that knowing, i was contacting the MEMBERSHIP department which to common knowledge i presume look after the MEMBERSHIP side of things to do with the club not the whole proccesses involved in running the club and keeping us a float. So dont worry Demoniac i was not wasting too much of the club resources!

Anyway talked to a lovely lady Jane who is a membership officer and she said that me and my girlfriend and friends memberships were sent out to our addresses in late February.

She was very suprised we had not received them.

She told me that they send all their data to a mail house and they send it off from there. Jane said that there must of been a mix up at the mail house and didnt send it to the right address or something else happened. She apoligised for this and said instead of sending the data to the mail house to make it quicker she would send our packages off this week from the club so we can receive them early next week.

So all is good now, i am pretty sure i didnt use much club resources other than the department that is set out to look after member complaints and issues, which does happen in business. The solution that she proposed was great and im now a happy customer/member.

If i bit my finger nails and didnt say boo like demonic said i would of not received anything.

:) END OF RANT :)

Well i contacted the membership club sheepishly as i know i shouldnt worry them too much like demonic said, they have more things to worry about other than a paid up member that they dont owe "[censored]" too,quoted from demonic.

So with that knowing, i was contacting the MEMBERSHIP department which to common knowledge i presume look after the MEMBERSHIP side of things to do with the club not the whole proccesses involved in running the club and keeping us a float. So dont worry Demoniac i was not wasting too much of the club resources!

Anyway talked to a lovely lady Jane who is a membership officer and she said that me and my girlfriend and friends memberships were sent out to our addresses in late February.

She was very suprised we had not received them.

She told me that they send all their data to a mail house and they send it off from there. Jane said that there must of been a mix up at the mail house and didnt send it to the right address or something else happened. She apoligised for this and said instead of sending the data to the mail house to make it quicker she would send our packages off this week from the club so we can receive them early next week.

So all is good now, i am pretty sure i didnt use much club resources other than the department that is set out to look after member complaints and issues, which does happen in business. The solution that she proposed was great and im now a happy customer/member.

If i bit my finger nails and didnt say boo like demonic said i would of not received anything.

Keep up the passion.

We had an issue like this a few years ago where by a few days before rd 1 we were yet to have the correct cards etc. No worries we met somebody at the members tent who took us through the gates and to our seats. early the following week the memberships arrived. They did everything for us that year to make sure we were in the correct seats for rd 1 cards or no cards. Good to see that they are still ensuring the members are looked after.

Plus a free hat with Davey's sig on it was a welcome supprise!

Pretty cool how that updates along with the site ;)

It is just an image; when the image is updated, this page will get the update any time it asks the server for a new copy.

"Free Junior Membership?? Does that include AFL members??"

No...it applies to Full MCC Members who also join the MFC. (some compensation for the fact that their MCC membership gives them entry to MCG games without having footy club membership.) In other words, their MFC membership is basically a donation. (which entitles them to vote on MFC issues.)

That's 2,000 in about a week. I'm sure I remember it lingering around 22k a week ago. Weekend game at Casey must have seen a few sign-ups, plus sponsorship announcement - some corporate memberships I'm assuming?

You did the right thing with this.

Solved your problem and informed the Club of an issue that they need to resolve.

Well done. Its a pity more dont follow your line rather than using the forums as a post to whip the Club. No benefits from that!

Stay red and blue!

I am pretty confident they did budget and aim for 30,000

Yeah, they did.

Jesus, we are doing well 24k at this stage?!

For all that's been said, two things are for certain - Jimmy is popular and has inspired the masses.

Very very poor form. Whilst the club is struggling and trying its best to place its best foot forward for the future, we have idiots like yourself having a [censored] about petty and I mean "petty" issues.

You will get it I'm sure. Hang tight as I'm sure it will come. Would hate to see you at christmas time. I hope to god that whatever profession you get in doesn't allow you to ever not deliver anything let alone make someone wait.

The club doesn't owe you [censored] and it is a priveldge to be a member and not a chore. Glass half full, not empty if you know what I mean.

Just chill out and be proud that you have contributed to the wellbeing of the club, after all the $160 spent is worth every cent when we see the group build to what we hope will be an eventual premiership.

Gee 3 posts and you come in here looking like a teapot. Social intelligence at its finest.

Gee 3 posts and you come in here looking like a teapot. Social intelligence at its finest.

A teapot! Oh well..probably did go too far however I still think that venting your frustration over a membership pack is petty. I understand the interstate travel issues and congratulate mousey for his support however your frustrations on the forum breeds negativity on the club and its something I don't like nor perform on the forum. As far as 3 post is concerned I have been on the site for many years and only just decided to register.

I am a passionate member and don't care what you say Golly. Putting down our club is almost like insulting my mum. I take offence and if you can't understand that then you have passion issues yourself.

I'm sure there have many instances where melbourne supporters have coped abuse about the club and have stuck up for them. True?

Sorry for having passion.

A teapot! Oh well..probably did go too far however I still think that venting your frustration over a membership pack is petty. I understand the interstate travel issues and congratulate mousey for his support however your frustrations on the forum breeds negativity on the club and its something I don't like nor perform on the forum. As far as 3 post is concerned I have been on the site for many years and only just decided to register.

I am a passionate member and don't care what you say Golly. Putting down our club is almost like insulting my mum. I take offence and if you can't understand that then you have passion issues yourself.

I'm sure there have many instances where melbourne supporters have coped abuse about the club and have stuck up for them. True?

Sorry for having passion.

You sound like Basil from Fawlty Towers. Whenever a customer had a grievance about service, Basil would turn it around to make the customer feel like it was their fault.

If you can accept mediocrity, fine. But don't expect others to do the same.

No...it applies to Full MCC Members who also join the MFC. (some compensation for the fact that their MCC membership gives them entry to MCG games without having footy club membership.) In other words, their MFC membership is basically a donation. (which entitles them to vote on MFC issues.)

MCC/MFC members. Don't forget you're entitled to a free junior membership.

If there's no-one you can think of in your family to give it to, perhaps you could use Demonland to seek a recipient!

They all count!

I paid for my 2009 MFC / MCC membership last August, I've received my membership pack in January but nothing about the junior membership which I was planning on giving to my nephew. Do I wait to hear from MFC or is the onus on me to contact them?

If we hit 25,500 pre round 1 I think by round 5 will have over 30,000 members.

Well condemned, we've just smashed passed 25,000 (25,006 to be precise) ....it's a fair chance we'll get to 25,500 by the bounce on Sunday.

Go Dees!!!

WOW smashed it by 6!!!!!!!!!! (faints!)

Lol

Nah that's good, i think we will sign 3000 on the day of the game, there is always heaps of people who sign up on the day of the first home game, I think we will get to 30k, as for how far we go over it will depend on results of the first few games.

If we beat the filth we could add 1000 extra for the next week :)