• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Yze_Magic returns with his best Demon 22

Yze_Magic

here it is ladies and gentlemen... as is tradition on Demonland, the great YM gives his best 22 for the season.

As usual, I give great thought to the team and come up with something special that simply can not be argued with.

Enjoy....

Backs

Matthew Whelan - Still has plenty left in the tank, we know what he can do and when he is up and running he is vital.

Stefan Martin - this guy was a revelation in 2008, and will only get better. Is huge, versatile and should be a 10 year full back.

Matthew Warnock - another of the guys who showed plenty down back last season. Has a mature body and has been around a few years. so there are no excuses.

Half Backs

Simon Buckley - what a dynamo. Electrifying speed, can win his own ball. Can go forward and kick a goal. Skills improved as the year went on.

Jared Rivers - what a relief it will be when this guy runs out for Round 1. The clubs most important player, bar none.

Brad Green - it was a disgrace he did not win the Best and Fairest last season, and he will be out to make the coaching staff look very silly.

Centres

Cale Morton - what more can be said about this young genius, who was able to poll Brownlow votes in two games in his rookie year.

Brock McLean - if his body is right, will make a run for the Brownlow. An ball magnet and an animal in the packs.

Aaron Davey - I feel something special coming from Aarron this season after a couple of lacklustre seasons. Must kick a lot more goals.

Half Forwards

Colin Sylvia - surely this is the year the kid explodes? had a very good season in 2008, and could take home the Bluey this campaign.

Brad Miller - Miller surprised everyone last season by playing consistent footy, and even kicking goals for the first time in his career.

Addam Maric - stepped into the side and straight away his mercurial skills were on display. Just a natural, and looks set for super stardom

Forwards

Jack Watts - dont give me that crap about him being too young, or not being big enough yet. He will be ready to roll, and will shine immediately.

Colin Garland - a natural forward with a great leap, great skills, nice size and footy smarts. Would have learnt a lot last season playing on the best forwards.

Austin Wonaemirri - can he continue on with what he has started? I believe so, as his raw emotion shows his will to succeed. Cult hero.

Rucks

Paul Johnson - the guy gets better every season, and while not a natural ruck he is by far our best option.

Brent Moloney - big year coming up for Brent. Has been sorely missed, and his toughness will be a welcome addition.

Nathan Jones - struggled a bit in 2008, with little help due to a depleted midfield. With some veterans back, its his chance to shine.

Bench

James McDonald - could be his final year, but will be a great rotation player through the midfield. Tough as they come.

Matthew Bate - another who should excel with a fitter team around him. Needs to find consistency, but is a real wild card that could provide a huge boost.

Ricky Petterd - a forgotten man almost, Petterd dazzled in 2007 and struggled to find himself last year, for obvious reasons. Expect big things from the youngster.

Michael Newton - too talented to slip into the wilderness, I get the feeling that Dean Bailey and co. will get this kid up and going at AFL level.

Emergencies

Lynden Dunn - seemed to find his niche as a tagger. Will be an interesting one to watch.

Jack Grimes - will probably force himself into the starting 22, and was very hard to leave out. Looks a gem.

Russell Robertson - the end is near for Robbo, but will still provide the odd cameo, and no doubt the odd screamer.

Paul Wheatley - a good player, and while not the future of the club is still an important cog.

James Frawley - further improvement should come, and will see many games at senior level.

The end.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read through the list....

I am still not convinced that this is the real Y_M tho.....

The list makes too much sense and is very close to being spot on I think....

Surely this is a hoax :D

good read. spot on IMO in some areas. others, i dont like what i read.

1) for instance, apart from kicking a nice goal against adelaide, their is not much that has proven garland to be a "natural forward" at AFL level that I have seen. I would like to see him stay in defense and become the best defender in the land.

2) we need a back-up ruckman

3) interesting to see you have changed your mind over watts a little bit

YM Cameron Bruce whether you like it or not is in our top 22

Your bitterness towards him proves to me your lack of credibility on football knowledge or respect towards MFC its supporters and the posters on this site

You spoil this place with your obnoxious garbage

It was my opinion. And it was correct.

Show me your best 22?

I need a good laugh.

YM Cameron Bruce whether you like it or not is in our top 22

Your bitterness towards him proves to me your lack of credibility on football knowledge or respect towards MFC its supporters and the posters on this site

You spoil this place with your obnoxious garbage

Yeah 'Swampfox', the bigoted idiot is back with his usual CRAP! I was hoping he might have grown up this year. Sadly, he has not gone on a one way trip to Iraq. He really is so FULL of his own importance as well as WIND!

It is pretty funny that the same people who hate YM, give him exactly what he wants by responding to every one of his posts.

Do everyone else, and yourselves, a favour in future and don't write back! He doesn't get what he wants and we don't have to read your whingeing

I quite like Y_M's posts.....

So often I open up this forum to find nothing but personal attacks on other peoples opinions.... The world is full of "other" opinions.... That is what forums are for.... If you don't like a particular person's posts, then you know exactly what to do..... Don't bloody read them....

It is the same people every time that complain and attack Y_M, regardless of what he writes! For god sake, the bloke could put a post up here that says "I'm sorry, I was wrong, Bruce is a good player" and certain people would still attack him!!

It makes me laugh reading Y_M's posts..... Which is a lot more than I can say for some others on here.....

Keep up the good work.... Some of us enjoy reading posts which are a bit.... say..... Left Field ;)

here it is ladies and gentlemen... as is tradition on Demonland, the great YM gives his best 22 for the season.

The end.

Not a bad effort for Jan. - Strauss & Bruce will both play.

Also I dont think Wheels & Flash will be the only idigenous boy's playing alot of AFL this season.

Bennell, Jurrah & Jetta will all see action. My mail is Bail's love's these blokes.

Bring on the NAB cup.

B: Whelan, Garland, Martin

HB: Bruce, Rivers, Bell

C: Morton, McLean, Green

HF: Davey, Miller, Bate

F: Wonaeamirri, Robertson, Sylvia

R: P Johnson, Moloney, Jones

I: McDonald, Buckley, Wheatley, Jamar

Emerg: Watts, Bartram, Grimes, Maric, Petterd, Dunn

Didn't consider any of the other younger guys as I'm not sure how they will go in the NAB Cup.. And I really want to get all of Grimes, Watts, Maric and Petterd into the best 22. But I'm not sure who to replace.

Interesting suggestions for your best 22 Yze_Magic.

I'm glad you are here to stir up some debate.

Shame we don't have 40,000 more Yze_Magics then we would rival Collingwood with being the most hated (but also popular) club in the AFL. :D

By the way, seeing as Adem Yze has now retired are you going to change your name to 'something else'_Magic?

All up, your choices and reasons are pretty fair.

I think we all need to just get over the fact that Cameron Bruce will never be in Yze_Magic's best 22.

I'm going to to with a pretty conservative 22, with the proviso that I think it might be different by the end of the year - I'll not the differences after.

F: Wonaeamirri Robertson Miller

HF: Davey Bate Sylvia

C: Morton Bruce Green

HB: Buckley Garland Wheatley

B: Whelan Warnock Rivers

Foll: Jamar Mclean McDonald

Inter: Johnson Jones Moloney Dunn

Emerg: Petterd, Bell, Bartram, Maric, Martin, Newton

You'll notice that at this point there are no first-year draftees on the list, and I've started the season with all of Robertson, Rivers and Moloney available.

The unpopular Jamar is still our only true ruck (because Johnson can do so much more around the ground). Jamar will fill ruck for most of game time, with rests as a goalsquare gorilla.

Changes over the year I think could include -

Wheatley to be replaced gradually replaced on the HBF by one of Petterd, Grimes or Strauss, but to remain as a depth player.

Warnock will be continuously competing for a spot with Frawley and Martin.

Garland and possibly (here's a predicition) Rivers may both spend time swung up to the forwards. But both, and Rivers in particular, will remain defenders as their main task. These moves will open space for an extra person in the three-way tussle for a defender slot.

Watts will play a handful of games this year, be excellent, and still be eligible to win the rising star next year ;)

For what it's worth, my 'big step up' list for 2009 includes -

Mclean

Davey

Wonaeamirri

Sylvia

Jones

Johnson

Bate

Buckley

Then of course there's the young kids from the last few drafts and the new kids from 09, and the injury returns like Robertson, Rivers, Moloney, and to be fair Bartram.

I actually expect substantial improvement this year, nothing spectacular, but a little more than anyone would credit us for.

Guest Schtacker
All up, your choices and reasons are pretty fair.

I think we all need to just get over the fact that Cameron Bruce will never be in Yze_Magic's best 22.

I'm going to to with a pretty conservative 22, with the proviso that I think it might be different by the end of the year - I'll not the differences after.

F: Wonaeamirri Robertson Miller

HF: Davey Bate Sylvia

C: Morton Bruce Green

HB: Buckley Garland Wheatley

B: Whelan Warnock Rivers

Foll: Jamar Mclean McDonald

Inter: Johnson Jones Moloney Dunn

Emerg: Petterd, Bell, Bartram, Maric, Martin, Newton

You'll notice that at this point there are no first-year draftees on the list, and I've started the season with all of Robertson, Rivers and Moloney available.

The unpopular Jamar is still our only true ruck (because Johnson can do so much more around the ground). Jamar will fill ruck for most of game time, with rests as a goalsquare gorilla.

Changes over the year I think could include -

Wheatley to be replaced gradually replaced on the HBF by one of Petterd, Grimes or Strauss, but to remain as a depth player.

Warnock will be continuously competing for a spot with Frawley and Martin.

Garland and possibly (here's a predicition) Rivers may both spend time swung up to the forwards. But both, and Rivers in particular, will remain defenders as their main task. These moves will open space for an extra person in the three-way tussle for a defender slot.

Watts will play a handful of games this year, be excellent, and still be eligible to win the rising star next year ;)

For what it's worth, my 'big step up' list for 2009 includes -

Mclean

Davey

Wonaeamirri

Sylvia

Jones

Johnson

Bate

Buckley

Then of course there's the young kids from the last few drafts and the new kids from 09, and the injury returns like Robertson, Rivers, Moloney, and to be fair Bartram.

I actually expect substantial improvement this year, nothing spectacular, but a little more than anyone would credit us for.

fantastic post I agree with so much of it

we have 7 very good players who have missed a lot of football in the last 2 years surely we are due for a good run this year

On the forward line, we seem to be in trouble, but I must say I like the idea of Jurrah, Miller, Watts, Newton, even Morton, Sylvia and Bate, and (in all likelihood) the prime KPP of the upcoming draft competing for 2 or 3 key forward roles. Surely we will end up with some serious firepower up there. We know we have some good secondary/crumber type pockets and flankers too. With the backs and mids coming along pretty well I don't mind the list at all ATM. I love the fact that we have Morton and Watts, both skilled, tall, athletic types who can play forward or midfield - one day it is going to be very hard for opposition sides to stop both of them at once.Look out for another similar type of player with our big pick(s) again as I think DB knows this is the type of player for the upcoming era of the game

Carn the Demons

But we will struggle in 09!

Yep, if I were laying a bet for Rising Star, Jack Grimes would be my first choice from Melbourne.

Very keen to get a decent look at him playing at AFL level - videos, comments, training reports even a paragraph here and there in books (The Draft) and just one game of AFL where he seemed poised but wasn't going to do much as still unfit and in a team getting thrashed - it's just not enough to go on.

But I will take a moment to recall that first half-a-game 'just easing back in' with Sandringham Ressies, where he got something like 30 touches in a half.

Ahh..

Yep, if I were laying a bet for Rising Star, Jack Grimes would be my first choice from Melbourne.

Very keen to get a decent look at him playing at AFL level - videos, comments, training reports even a paragraph here and there in books (The Draft) and just one game of AFL where he seemed poised but wasn't going to do much as still unfit and in a team getting thrashed - it's just not enough to go on.

But I will take a moment to recall that first half-a-game 'just easing back in' with Sandringham Ressies, where he got something like 30 touches in a half.

Ahh..

Already got a tenner on him, but odds aren't as good as you'd hope.

Grimes will do well (that is, i hope he will) but I get the feeling he'll get the job done by being rock solid yet rather unspectacular. This'll hurt his polling in the Rising Star (if I'm right).

It was my opinion. And it was correct.

Show me your best 22?

I need a good laugh.

I was asked to amend my post so i deleted it instead

my starting 22 had the current captain and best and fairest winner

it might start a new trend

anyway you win , last post here

*waves*

Interesting suggestions for your best 22 Yze_Magic.

I'm glad you are here to stir up some debate.

Shame we don't have 40,000 more Yze_Magics then we would rival Collingwood with being the most hated (but also popular) club in the AFL. :D

By the way, seeing as Adem Yze has now retired are you going to change your name to 'something else'_Magic?

Interesting to see what YM says about Watts. When he wanted Naita as our first draft pick, he rubbished Watts virtually calling him a girl. Read back to his posts last year if you have doubts on this one. A big change of mind YM?

While it might be amusing to speculate about the make up of the team, I find it a useless exercise at this stage of the year. It's still January and we have a couple of months of pre season training, NAB Cup and practice matches to go before the selectors sit down to pick the team to play North in Round 1.

Time will tell but I'd like to go on record as saying that, barring injury, Cam Bruce will be in the 22 for that game and I doubt whether Garland will be the Colin on our forward line.