Yze_Magic returns with his best Demon 22

Yze_Magic

Guest Schtacker
Gee I guess the reigning B&F will probably be picked first in the position he will play. I cant see any of the above competing for his position and their selection is not necessarily impacted by Bruce's selection.

I glad its not about stats Shhtack because Davey would look very ordinary like his performances over recent years. If there is a player that is living off the fat of reputation and exploits of a couple of years ago amongst supporters its Davey. He needs to really perform this year.

Gee I guess you cant read

Where did I say Bruce was not in our 22? I said he was our 7th-11th best player. where did I say he is competing with those blokes for a spot? Of course he isn't!

"I glad its not about stats Shhtack because Davey would look very ordinary like his performances over recent years. "

Um yeah, well, I said its NOT about stats so citing Davey's obviously doesn't interest me any more than saying how good Bruce's are FFS I would pick Davey first every single time

work on your comprehension skills

what game was it last year when Ozzie was all alone inside 50 with Bruce streaming towards him with a man in between. Bruce buggered it in a way only an under-10 could. It was in the middle of a demolition when we needed a goal BADLY and everyone's heads just dropped a bit lower. These incidents are just far too common for him to be considered any better than an average player

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Schtacker
Yeah, I like the idea of Morton on a wing, running all day. Throw Bate or Buckley on the opposite side fwiw

Yes but he should be able to drift into scoring range now and then and sink one

I quite like Y_M's posts.....

So often I open up this forum to find nothing but personal attacks on other peoples opinions.... The world is full of "other" opinions.... That is what forums are for.... If you don't like a particular person's posts, then you know exactly what to do..... Don't bloody read them....

It is the same people every time that complain and attack Y_M, regardless of what he writes! For god sake, the bloke could put a post up here that says "I'm sorry, I was wrong, Bruce is a good player" and certain people would still attack him!!

It makes me laugh reading Y_M's posts..... Which is a lot more than I can say for some others on here.....

Keep up the good work.... Some of us enjoy reading posts which are a bit.... say..... Left Field ;)

Here Here...

There is soo much rubbish to decipher on this thing, its refreshing reading YM posts. I cant believe people still get so sucked in by his posts.

And for the record, Bruce is out of my best 22 as well YM.

As you were..

Gee I guess you cant read

Where did I say Bruce was not in our 22?

No its you who have the problem. Where did I say Bruce was not in our 22? I didnt. Shhtack, I am not sure why some of the players you mentioned would get selected before Bruce because they would not be competing for his position.

"I glad its not about stats Shhtack because Davey would look very ordinary like his performances over recent years. "

Um yeah, well, I said its NOT about stats so citing Davey's obviously doesn't interest me any more than saying how good Bruce's are FFS I would pick Davey first every single time

No doubt you would Shhtack. I guess you would overlook LY B&F winner against a player who has been mediocre at best in the past two years. I guess you are still enjoying highlights DVD from 2006 and earlier of Davey. He aint doing much of that now.

work on your comprehension skills

I agree Shhtack you should.

what game was it last year when Ozzie was all alone inside 50 with Bruce streaming towards him with a man in between. Bruce buggered it in a way only an under-10 could. It was in the middle of a demolition when we needed a goal BADLY and everyone's heads just dropped a bit lower. These incidents are just far too common for him to be considered any better than an average player

You got me there Shhtack. Gee now what did he do to win the B&F??? You should watch more of Bruce and Davey and you might get a better idea as to why one is B&F and a Club leader and the other is most valuable with junior memberships. Bruce's disposal prevents him from being the very good player we hoped he would be. However he wins alot of ball and takes on, gets the hard manning jobs and often beats significant opponents in the process. I wanted to critique Davey over the past two years and injuries aside he really has had little or no impact what so ever on a game. He's struggling and needs to lift big time.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

[Post deleted] ILOVE IT :lol: YOU MEMBERS ALL SAY MAGIC IS A [censored] , BUT I TELL YA WHAT HE MAKES YOU MEMBERS ARGUE LIKE CATS AND DOGS, AND HE GETS MORE HITS THAN ELVIS PRESLEY. :lol:

Guest Schtacker
You Schtacker are, quite simply, an absolute disgrace. For the MFC'c 2008 B&F to be described as such, is an absolute disgrace.

Apologise to this forum.

Kay maybe a little over the top... but nonetheless that B+F shouldn't have gone his way, Green was shafted hard. McLean nearly got there with half a year. Go and check the forum voting to see how it should have gone. BTW where did Bartram finish? That pretty much sums up the 08 B+F count for me. I said CB was our 7th-10th best player, unfortunately that is not a very high accolade, and many just below him are babies that hopefully outshine his contribution with the rest of their careers. Far too may let downs for mine and not a patch on opposition greats or even our own such as Neita

I hope that doesn't offend you too much

Guest Schtacker
ILOVE IT :lol: YOU MEMBERS ALL SAY MAGIC IS A [censored] , BUT I TELL YA WHAT HE MAKES YOU MEMBERS ARGUE LIKE CATS AND DOGS, AND HE GETS MORE HITS THAN ELVIS PRESLEY. :lol:

Show me the part that refers to Yze_Magic in any way

Mr.Knowitall reckons Cam Bruce is our best player. He's not.

What is it about Bruce that causes so much tension?

Not sure 45hotgod. Perhaps it has something to do with Bruce's poor disposal at times and the racking up of possessions in junk time. Who knows? One thing is for sure, his pick in the ND was seen initially as a bargain, probably still is for some to be totally honest. Whilst others see his real value.

Not sure 45hotgod. Perhaps it has something to do with Bruce's poor disposal at times and the racking up of possessions in junk time. Who knows? One thing is for sure, his pick in the ND was seen initially as a bargain, probably still is for some to be totally honest. Whilst others see his real value.

Bruce is a much maligned player for a number of strange reasons. As a player Bruce has a wonderful tank, his ability to regularly win contested ball, the ability to play close down jobs on key opposition players (eg Hird, B Johnson) is overlooked by some posters that want to crucify him for his disposal skills which do mar his output but dont justify some of the ridiculous bile thats directed towards him.

There are some that attack his slight build and label him "soft" yet his ability to win contested ball in traffic shames a number of bulked tough players. Its often from the same quarters that Brad Green gets called soft.

There was unrealistic expectations earlier on him that he was MFC's Hird and that he would be elite level. He isn't. He never was. However, he is a good capable player who performs consistently and has done so particularly over the past two years. He should be congratulated over winning the Bluey. However some MFC"supporters" find it suitable to denigrate him for the achievement.

He is not the best player on the MFC list nor is he the most important but I would have him in top 6-7 in each category ATM. As our younger brigade mature and hopefully flourish I would expect them to rise above Bruce in due course.

He was drafted in 1999 at pick 64 from MHSOB and is a 10 year player played 184 games (on track for 200 games), kicked nearly 200 goals, vice captain and current Bluey holder. There are many that were selected before him in that year's and other year's draft that can barely scratch 10 games at AFL level. How could his selection be seen as anything but a bargain?

Its pity alot of our earlier 1st round picks in other years have been clunkers.

He was drafted in 1999 at pick 64 from MHSOB and is a 10 year player played 184 games (on track for 200 games), kicked nearly 200 goals, vice captain and current Bluey holder. There are many that were selected before him in that year's and other year's draft that can barely scratch 10 games at AFL level. How could his selection be seen as anything but a bargain?

How good would we be if all our picks 50-64 could claim these types of honors! I have a strange feeling this could be a good year for bruce if the rest of the core group stays fit and allows him/coaching staff a bit more freedom.

Of course. One of the bargains of that particular National draft. Popped into training yesterday at the Junction (10-15min). Bruce was an absentee for outdoor drills. Most likely confined to indoors, perhaps the gym.

Players were divided. West was instructing youthful midfield candidates for centre clearances including the likes of Jones, Morton, Spencer and a few others. Whilst the other group were having their kicking action filmed including the likes of Bell, McDonald, Meesen, P.Johnson, Valenti.

Valenti looks pretty keen to impress this year. I suppose he'd want to impress to compete for a spot on the list come the end of the season.

Bruce is a much maligned player for a number of strange reasons. As a player Bruce has a wonderful tank, his ability to regularly win contested ball, the ability to play close down jobs on key opposition players (eg Hird, B Johnson) is overlooked by some posters that want to crucify him for his disposal skills which do mar his output but dont justify some of the ridiculous bile thats directed towards him.

There are some that attack his slight build and label him "soft" yet his ability to win contested ball in traffic shames a number of bulked tough players. Its often from the same quarters that Brad Green gets called soft.

There was unrealistic expectations earlier on him that he was MFC's Hird and that he would be elite level. He isn't. He never was. However, he is a good capable player who performs consistently and has done so particularly over the past two years. He should be congratulated over winning the Bluey. However some MFC"supporters" find it suitable to denigrate him for the achievement.

He is not the best player on the MFC list nor is he the most important but I would have him in top 6-7 in each category ATM. As our younger brigade mature and hopefully flourish I would expect them to rise above Bruce in due course.

Well spoken Rhino! Common sense prevails! You don't have the most CONTESTED possessions and TACKLES and be labelled as soft.