Major Sponsor

iv'a worn smith

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tell you what, a sponsor has missed out tonight, great exposure would've been available on the bushfire telethon tonight...

Sam Blease has been wondering around the telephone room the entire night looking lost in the background of the television shot... i haven't seen him answer a single phone all night...

actually, scratch that he just picked a phone up... either way, would've been good exposure for a sponsor...

Do you mean Matthew Bate..?

Cos he's the only MFC player I've seen.

Do you mean Matthew Bate..?

Cos he's the only MFC player I've seen.

at first I thought it was Bater... but then I looked closer, and I changed my mind and thought it was Blease... apart from the red hair, they both look quite alike in the face...

at first I thought it was Bater... but then I looked closer, and I changed my mind and thought it was Blease... apart from the red hair, they both look quite alike in the face...

Nah, sorry mate, not even close. Bate without a doubt.

Hate to be pesimistic but

I really fear that we wont have a sponsor come NAB CUP

what company is going to want to come out now? in this time of the bushfire crisis and make a big song and dance and say,

Hey we are giving the demons 2 mill over the next few years.

Hope I am wrong maybe the club is holding off announcing because of bushfires, either way the wait is killing me

Thats what i said in another link. Get the State Govt & Melbourne City Council to Promote Themselves & the whats Happening in this state on our Jumper. Pay us rather than an ad agency. We are Melbourne. Its our best assett.

A good idea. They do both pay a lot in promotion of the city and the state and this could be a very good way to promote by using the AFL club that bears the capital city name. Certainly worth some serious investigation.

I just had a thought. Remember some weeks ago that there was a story in the papers about the AFL being angry at Ian Collins and Telstra Dome for getting sponsorship from Eithad because it clashes with Qantas' sponsorship of the AFL? The article's here: AFL clashes with Telstra Dome

Well, it was meant to go to court, and the case was supposed to be heard on February 4th. I don't know what happened, but if the deal is to fall apart, surely we would approach Etihad.

But if that never eventuated, I do like the idea of the City of Melbourne sponsorship.

A good idea. They do both pay a lot in promotion of the city and the state and this could be a very good way to promote by using the AFL club that bears the capital city name. Certainly worth some serious investigation.

While it is good for MFC to explore these avenues, people should remember that the Melb City Council is financially straightened following John So's populist mismanagement. In regard to the State Government, I would think resources would be meagre with the GFC and the substantial bush fire recovery effort (This will take years of capital spending).

In regard to semi government institutions, beyond State Treasury, TAC, Workcover and VFMC are the entities which control the vast majority of stored Government capital. My inside information from the TAC experience is they will not be sponsoring an individual football club again and realise the potential folly for themselves in getting embroiled associated with a Club whose players are found guilty of civil and possibly criminal driving offences. And TAC does not represent Melbourne. Its HO is in Geelong.

I see no harm in developig a realtionship with the MCC ( city council ) and having them as a tiered sponsor. Their logo on our backs can only emphasise our own brand, after all we are accused of not having one !! it further plants into peoples minds we are inextractobly part of Melbourne at its core.

I just had a thought. Remember some weeks ago that there was a story in the papers about the AFL being angry at Ian Collins and Telstra Dome for getting sponsorship from Eithad because it clashes with Qantas' sponsorship of the AFL? The article's here: AFL clashes with Telstra Dome

Well, it was meant to go to court, and the case was supposed to be heard on February 4th. I don't know what happened, but if the deal is to fall apart, surely we would approach Etihad.

But if that never eventuated, I do like the idea of the City of Melbourne sponsorship.

We did speak to Etihad but they went with the stadium instead

I can't believe we don't have a sponsor yet. this is bordering pathetic now. We're going to be a laughing stock if we play Hawthorn without one...if we weren't already a laughing stock.

We are already a laughing stock and we will not have one by round 1 let alone the NAB cup (no source, just gut feeling). Actually, I'm not even sure we're even courting anyone or that there is anyone to court. The club's silence on this issue is deafening. I am VERY worried.

We are already a laughing stock and we will not have one by round 1 let alone the NAB cup (no source, just gut feeling). Actually, I'm not even sure we're even courting anyone or that there is anyone to court. The club's silence on this issue is deafening. I am VERY worried.

Agree Pringle. I am extremely concerned. Even if we do manage to pick up a major sponsor in the coming weeks I think we will be very fortunate in this economic climate if any company out there will be willing to give up a quarter mill let alone the million a year that will be required to keep our head above the water. I would be stoked even to get a 1 year deal this year. The player group have an enormous amount of presure on them this year for the existence of the Melbourne Demons. If we can start to show some true form toward the end of this year which is possible in my mind then maybe someone will want to come on board and as Jimma says, get themselves a deal with the amount of exposure potentially coming there way when we are a force again in 2 years time.

Without a decent sponsor this year and if we continue to perform badly as we have the last 2 years just wait and see the AFL and the media circling like sharks. Too many supporters think ``she`ll be right`` we are Melbourne we will always be in the AFL... Yes, you may be right , but we just might be the Melbourne Kangaroos.

Agree Pringle. I am extremely concerned. Even if we do manage to pick up a major sponsor in the coming weeks I think we will be very fortunate in this economic climate if any company out there will be willing to give up a quarter mill let alone the million a year that will be required to keep our head above the water. I would be stoked even to get a 1 year deal this year. The player group have an enormous amount of presure on them this year for the existence of the Melbourne Demons. If we can start to show some true form toward the end of this year which is possible in my mind then maybe someone will want to come on board and as Jimma says, get themselves a deal with the amount of exposure potentially coming there way when we are a force again in 2 years time.

Without a decent sponsor this year and if we continue to perform badly as we have the last 2 years just wait and see the AFL and the media circling like sharks. Too many supporters think ``she`ll be right`` we are Melbourne we will always be in the AFL... Yes, you may be right , but we just might be the Melbourne Kangaroos.

I expect we will find co-sponsors at about $750K each. It will be a good deal all round. It's actually not that much money when you think about it.

My two cents on this one, no facts just gut feel is the bushfire could not have come a worse time for us and our efforts to get a major sponsor. It seems every person and business is putting all their efforts to get these country towns back up and running and any spare cash they have to throw around has gone into the appeal.

Very worrying times for the MFC at the moment.

A win in round 1 of the NAB cup would be a great help and i believe we must fill our strongest team next week to get that result

My two cents on this one, no facts just gut feel is the bushfire could not have come a worse time for us and our efforts to get a major sponsor. It seems every person and business is putting all their efforts to get these country towns back up and running and any spare cash they have to throw around has gone into the appeal.

Very worrying times for the MFC at the moment.

A win in round 1 of the NAB cup would be a great help and i believe we must fill our strongest team next week to get that result

I understand what you're saying and you're probably correct however....there would never be a good time for what we've just experienced. Stating that it's bad timing because of a sporting club's sponsorship could be considered a little insensitive, especially if people reading your posts have been affected. I know you didn't mean it in that way though, it's just a really sensitive issue.

I don't care what the surveys might indicate about the number of supporters we're supposed to have. I don't care about our fixture and the allocation of our games to free to air TV. We are the oldest football club in the world, we play on the best sporting ground on earth, we represent the capital city of our state and we will have more than 30k membership. We have a young list and will be an exciting place in the coming years. We must represent high value to a corporate sponsor even in tough times. Whoever takes us on will discover a loyal supporter base that will embrace its business and its product and make every dollar spent worthwhile.

This I believe!

I don't care what the surveys might indicate about the number of supporters we're supposed to have. I don't care about our fixture and the allocation of our games to free to air TV. We are the oldest football club in the world, we play on the best sporting ground on earth, we represent the capital city of our state and we will have more than 30k membership. We have a young list and will be an exciting place in the coming years. We must represent high value to a corporate sponsor even in tough times. Whoever takes us on will discover a loyal supporter base that will embrace its business and its product and make every dollar spent worthwhile.

This I believe!

You need a reality check!

- These days, being the oldest football club counts for nothing to those who don't follow the MFC. And evidence of that is our low supporter base.

- We don't represent the capital city of our state. Brisbane and Sydney are the only teams that can make that claim.

- We have a young list, big deal, so do the premiers Hawthorn. At least 10 other clubs will tell you that they have a young and exciting list.

- By all measurements, we don't represent high value to a corporate sponsor.

- And finally, our so called loyal supporter base has a poor attendance record when the team's struggling.

You need a reality check!

- These days, being the oldest football club counts for nothing to those who don't follow the MFC. And evidence of that is our low supporter base.

- We don't represent the capital city of our state. Brisbane and Sydney are the only teams that can make that claim.

- We have a young list, big deal, so do the premiers Hawthorn. At least 10 other clubs will tell you that they have a young and exciting list.

- By all measurements, we don't represent high value to a corporate sponsor.

- And finally, our so called loyal supporter base has a poor attendance record when the team's struggling.

No. I'm being realistic. Hawthorn was where we are now three years ago and they've provided value for their sponsors. We can do the same.

Incidentally, we have the official youngest list.