Brad Green - star

Yze_Magic

He is a star. A gun. Skilled, smart, gutsy.

How the hell he isnt in our leadership group is anyones guess.

Congrats Brad Green - you have the Yze_magic seal of approval. You have now arrived on the big stage.

ps.

If anyone ever calls him soft ever again, I will personally destroy them.

It was farcical how he didn't make the Dream Team in the Hall of Fame match. There was one instance in the game today where it seemed Nathan Brown was going to pick up the ball with ease. In comes Green from the side, head over the ball and just grabs it from no where creating a stoppage and stopping a certeian goal. That's what I call leadership.

It was a real kick in the guts when his missed out on the leadership team and he took it pretty hard thinking his teammates didn't rate him.He's definately out to prove everyone wrong and i've got no doubt he'll win the B & F,he's having his best year by far in his 8th season but we need him to play as consistantly as this for the next 3-4 years at least and he'd know that you don't want to be remembered as a footballer who had one great season.

The thing that's really impressed me this year is his hardness at each contest and he's taking really gutsy marks week in,week out now and young kids like Morton,Garland see that and know that's what it takes,when it's your time to go,you gotta go.

I was also really happy with Cameron the Bruce's game today,best game for a while and his disposal was a lot cleaner.

I was also really happy with Cameron the Bruce's game today,best game for a while and his disposal was a lot cleaner.

yes I was al lwarm and fuzzy when he couldnt even make the simplest of goal conversions early in the 2nd !! Honestly is there a worse kick for a supposedly elite player.?? Absolute disgrace..no excuse..and it started teh rot of that second quarter..Now compare that to the efforts and second efforts of Green.. Chalk and cheese isnt it.. ( and the cheese is a bit off too)

Agree with Yze Magic - Green has done a great deal in the last few years to show that he's quite hard at it. Anybody who regularly takes marks running into a pack with the flight of the ball (or even just contesting and causing a stoppage rather than pulling out or not even contesting) gets a tick of approval in my books, Green has stepped up to show himself as a very good leader recently.

I'd be happy to see Green in the leadership group, maybe even Captain, although I'd still prefer McLean in the position, I said last year when he captained the club he showed a lot that day, he seems to be a player who thrives on the responsibility.

I'd be happy to see Green in the leadership group, maybe even Captain, although I'd still prefer McLean in the position, I said last year when he captained the club he showed a lot that day, he seems to be a player who thrives on the responsibility.

IMHO

Captains should do "team lifting" things and show guts. Brock works hard and gets a heap of it but he is not YET captain material.

Brad Green (much against my judgement back in 06/07) is the only player worthy at the moment outside of JMac. The bloke tried to neck himself three times last night and never stopped trying. He is skillful and athletic and is something to be aspired towards.

On a side note, Yze is a selfish disgrace, expensive or not [censored] him off.

On-field, I think he does the things that you'd like your captain to do.

Green also seems to be able to speak well in the media.

However, that's not all the captain does, and there's talk that he's fairly quiet around the Club, so perhaps he's made for captaincy.

Green's omission from the leadership group may highlight aspects about Green that he needs to work on.

However the selected leadership group by the players also highlighted how much they need to learn in that area.

Both McLean and Green will be back in the leadership group next year and that is how I expect the order of the Bluey Truscott this year.

However the selected leadership group by the players also highlighted how much they need to learn in that area.

Good point. It's not a popularity contest, it's someone you want to lead you into war!

I spoke to Green about the captaincy at the 150th dinner, he didn't exactly say so, but I got the impression he is really hungry for it. He's sure playing like it.

I don't think anyone will be surprised to discover that I'm a big fan of Brad Green.

It was odd - I actually thought he had a pretty quiet run for most of the Richmond game.

But then he just got stuck into some contested marks, backing into packs, and came up with a few important pieces of play, too.

He did things that have obviously got a few people's respect. He's obviously setting out to earn respect, too.

I'd back him as the next captain, but always there is just so much you don't see or know. I wanna be in the inner circle dammit!

Captains must be inspirational, and he is developing a trait of taking courageous marks, when it counts. Surely the younger blokes would walk taller after that, His stocks seem to be on the rise.

Brad Green >>>> Cameron Bruce.

Bruce hides when the cub is struggling. I'd rather a player shine when a club needs them and be a quiet achiever when they're succeeding, except the other way around. God Bruce is overrated.

I know it seems far fetched but what kind of performances will Green have to have in the 2nd half of the season to consider himself a potential All Australian. Atm I can't see him making the team but maybe the squad, however his week in-week out efforts have been reminiscent of McDonald ala 2006.

Am hoping he will finally be rewarded with a best and fairest this year.

• 2 weeks later...
I know it seems far fetched but what kind of performances will Green have to have in the 2nd half of the season to consider himself a potential All Australian. Atm I can't see him making the team but maybe the squad, however his week in-week out efforts have been reminiscent of McDonald ala 2006.

Am hoping he will finally be rewarded with a best and fairest this year.

Dee Man , your wish will be granted! Green will blitz the Bluey this year. Not sure about All Aust as there is too much talent in the league right now. Greeny has been sensational this year . When Neita retired I didnt feel we had anyone on the list worthy of replacing him as Skipper. It`s yours now Greeny and thoroughly deserved when 2009 comes around

Dee Man , your wish will be granted! Green will blitz the Bluey this year. Not sure about All Aust as there is too much talent in the league right now. Greeny has been sensational this year . When Neita retired I didnt feel we had anyone on the list worthy of replacing him as Skipper. It`s yours now Greeny and thoroughly deserved when 2009 comes around

Definately will win the Bluey!!! Has taken his game to another level.... His on field efforts are definately worthy of the captainacy but we need a leader off the field as well.... For me Brad Miller is the man!! Anyway back to Greeny, I just cannot believe how courageous he is now, i never thought he had that in his game. This year Green has done it all, it just shows how different performances can be when players are injury free. Last year everyone was bemoaning his skills, but this year he is in career best form!

Brad Green was a class above today. IMO, the closest thing we have to an 'elite' player on our list...

Other than his attempted rushed behind that went out of bounds and resulted in a late shot at goal, it was a truly flawless performance vs the Lions.

He is a star. A gun. Skilled, smart, gutsy.

How the hell he isnt in our leadership group is anyones guess.

Congrats Brad Green - you have the Yze_magic seal of approval. You have now arrived on the big stage.

ps.

If anyone ever calls him soft ever again, I will personally destroy them.

I thought you were on holiday for six months.

It'd be a nice break not to have the bleeding obvious posted every other minute.

Enough grandstanding and more reflection.